Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Please Help, My Phone Is Sending Messages To Unknown Number. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Help, My Phone Is Sending Messages To Unknown Number. (10016 Views)

Easiest Way To Schedule Text Messages To Send At A Later Date / How To Trace The Details Of An Unknown Number Calling You / How To Know If Your Android Phone Is Fake Or Original (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, My Phone Is Sending Messages To Unknown Number. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 08, 2016
I will appreciate if the admin moves this to the front page please.

My fellow Nairaladers, I seriously cherish and appreciate the kind assistance you do render to people who have challenges in life. I seriously wish to solicit for that kind assistance to salvage me from my phone wahala.

I am using a gionee phone specifically gionee p6. I am enjoying the phone but all of a sudden i started receiving SMS alert that my last SMS was sent at 15naira, but when i check i will not see any send message let a lone the number to which the text is being sent to. This can happen twice in a day.

I have called my service provider '' Airtel care line'' and lay the complaint which they promised to look into and that after 24 hours it will be resolved. I waited but it was not resolved. I tried several times to get them fixed the issue but they couldn't solve the problem.

One of their agents who took the matter serious was able to confirm to me that the message is being sent to an international number. I asked him to block it but he said that i should be the one to stop sending the message. I tried to let him know that I am not the one sending the message but he said that it could be one of my applications.
I didn't doubt him on that but could not traced the application that dose that. I uninstalled all the applications i installed on the phone yet the problem persist. I even restored factory settings but that couldn't help either, the firmware was reinstalled yet the problem persist. Any sim card that i insert into the phone must be affected except if it doesn't have credit in it.

I am seriously out of ideas on how to handle this, please i seriously need help. please, anybody who knows how to go about this should kindly help me out.
Re: Please Help, My Phone Is Sending Messages To Unknown Number. by divinehand2003(m): 12:18pm On Jan 08, 2016
Endtime messages
Re: Please Help, My Phone Is Sending Messages To Unknown Number. by tempem: 12:38pm On Jan 08, 2016
I think its a virus..
I faced that too on my gionee phone..

Did you root your phone?
Try installing cm security and Trojan killer.
Re: Please Help, My Phone Is Sending Messages To Unknown Number. by Folksyharry(m): 12:44pm On Jan 08, 2016
The last time I experienced this was when I was using Nokia N72. My phone will send SMS and MMS to almost all the numbers in my contact list. I discovered later it was a virus. I factory reset my phone but the virus was still there until I was able to eliminate it using NetQin antivirus. I suggest you get a good antivirus and see if it's a virus issue.
Re: Please Help, My Phone Is Sending Messages To Unknown Number. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 08, 2016
tempem:
I think its a virus..
I faced that too on my gionee phone..

Did you root your phone?
Try installing cm security and Trojan killer.

yes, i rooted the phone but currently, it's unrooted. so how will use the cm security?
Re: Please Help, My Phone Is Sending Messages To Unknown Number. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 08, 2016
Folksyharry:
The last time I experienced this was when I was using Nokia N72. My phone will send SMS and MMS to almost all the numbers in my contact list. I discovered later it was a virus. I factory reset my phone but the virus was still there until I was able to eliminate it using NetQin antivirus. I suggest you get a good antivirus and see if it's a virus issue.
ok, thanks, let me try the Netqin
Re: Please Help, My Phone Is Sending Messages To Unknown Number. by oyeludef(m): 11:46am On Mar 25, 2016
dapipson:
I will appreciate if the admin moves this to the front page please.

My fellow Nairaladers, I seriously cherish and appreciate the kind assistance you do render to people who have challenges in life. I seriously wish to solicit for that kind assistance to salvage me from my phone wahala.

I am using a gionee phone specifically gionee p6. I am enjoying the phone but all of a sudden i started receiving SMS alert that my last SMS was sent at 15naira, but when i check i will not see any send message let a lone the number to which the text is being sent to. This can happen twice in a day.

I have called my service provider '' Airtel care line'' and lay the complaint which they promised to look into and that after 24 hours it will be resolved. I waited but it was not resolved. I tried several times to get them fixed the issue but they couldn't solve the problem.

One of their agents who took the matter serious was able to confirm to me that the message is being sent to an international number. I asked him to block it but he said that i should be the one to stop sending the message. I tried to let him know that I am not the one sending the message but he said that it could be one of my applications.
I didn't doubt him on that but could not traced the application that dose that. I uninstalled all the applications i installed on the phone yet the problem persist. I even restored factory settings but that couldn't help either, the firmware was reinstalled yet the problem persist. Any sim card that i insert into the phone must be affected except if it doesn't have credit in it.

I am seriously out of ideas on how to handle this, please i seriously need help. please, anybody who knows how to go about this should kindly help me out.
hi op. Please were u able to get a solution to dis problem? I currently experience dis
Re: Please Help, My Phone Is Sending Messages To Unknown Number. by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 25, 2016
oyeludef:
hi op. Please were u able to get a solution to dis problem? I currently experience dis
Yes, the phone has ever bricked and I took it to a phone repairer who then downloaded another stock rom and installed it on the phone but very unfortunate, little did i know that it was not the original stock rom and that is where my problem starte.

This time I took it to a gionee care centre where they were able to get the original stock rom for me. I am now enjoying the phone.

You can as well get over it if you get the real stock for the phone.
Re: Please Help, My Phone Is Sending Messages To Unknown Number. by greatwaters: 3:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
I THINK YOUR PHONE IS DATING ANOTHER PHONE. HOW ELSE CAN I EXPLAIN IT?
Re: Please Help, My Phone Is Sending Messages To Unknown Number. by nonny400(m): 3:30pm On Mar 25, 2016
It's a simple issue. It's caused by 2 system apps not visible till rooted. I think its called gn statistics or something. Go to gionee m5 thread and follow it up there.
Re: Please Help, My Phone Is Sending Messages To Unknown Number. by oyeludef(m): 6:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
dapipson:
Yes, the phone has ever bricked and I took it to a phone repairer who then downloaded another stock rom and installed it on the phone but very unfortunate, little did i know that it was not the original stock rom and that is where my problem starte.

This time I took it to a gionee care centre where they were able to get the original stock rom for me. I am now enjoying the phone.

You can as well get over it if you get the real stock for the phone.
thanks for ur response, ill try to get it if i can
Re: Please Help, My Phone Is Sending Messages To Unknown Number. by oyeludef(m): 6:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
nonny400:
It's a simple issue. It's caused by 2 system apps not visible till rooted. I think its called gn statistics or something. Go to gionee m5 thread and follow it up there.
thanks. Ill check it out. Please kindly help with d link
Re: Please Help, My Phone Is Sending Messages To Unknown Number. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2016
oyeludef:
thanks for ur response, ill try to get it if i can
It will definitely works if you get the right file. Wish you success

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Phone Is Sending Messages To Unknown Number. by dostico(m): 3:14pm On May 24, 2017
I read dis somewhere and I believe it can be of help

On every Gionee smartphone that has a stock ROM from India's Gionee Development Resources , which is quite normal since India's Gionee provides the international updates and services to 4G/LTE GSM smartphones compatible with most countries, there's a default setting on their ROM's that sends feedback from the smartphone to the company,providing statistics and info on commercial & privacy settings.These operations run without the user knowing about it, with no info on Android systems and notificiations. These operations include sending daily international SMS's to Gionee's India HQ (around 5 SMS's a day) and constant upload of system reports thru the browser. You can check these operations if you access your APPS menu, swipe to System and identify GN_SalesStatistics and GN_SalesTrack. On a monthly basis, you can expect spending from 100 to 200.However, there's a way to avoid this awful condition on your smartphone. First of all, you will need root access. It's simply mandatory.Once you root your phone, install a file explorer from Google Playstore that access system folders such as ES File Xplorer. Go to menu and check the "Root Explorer". SuperSU should pop up instantly and press "Grant access"Now go to the root directory /. Select "System" folder.Then "app" folder, search for 2 folders specifically: GN_Salestrack and GN_Statistics. Select those 2 and delete. Confirm it's deleted.Now, the programs are deleted however the system will still call the strings to operate those missing programs, which reflects on your smartphone being slow and buggy.Go to ES File Explorer again. Select root directory "/". Now again, "system" folder. Scroll down and look for "build.prop"If you're using ES File Explorer you can open this file with the explorer note editor already built in the program.Open the "build.prop". Carefully search for these strings:ro.gn.oversea.brand.salestracka=09371947404044ro.gn.oversea.brand.salestrackb=09371947408741
Delete these two strings. These are the phone numbers where the SMS's go to. The numbers may vary. Just deleted the strings and nothing else.Now for the upload hog, search for this string:"ro.gn.salessttatistic.url"Delete the result, and leave it:ro.gn.salessttatistic.url=0 - Exit and reboot the phone. -Congratulations, you are now NOT spending money without knowing about!Yours truly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, My Phone Is Sending Messages To Unknown Number. by Neergeda: 11:36am On Sep 10, 2018
dostico:

On every Gionee smartphone that has a stock ROM from India's Gionee Development Resources , which is quite normal since India's Gionee provides the international updates and services to 4G/LTE GSM smartphones compatible with most countries, there's a default setting on their ROM's that sends feedback from the smartphone to the company,providing statistics and info on commercial & privacy settings.These operations run without the user knowing about it, with no info on Android systems and notificiations. These operations include sending daily international SMS's to Gionee's India HQ (around 5 SMS's a day) and constant upload of system reports thru the browser. You can check these operations if you access your APPS menu, swipe to System and identify GN_SalesStatistics and GN_SalesTrack. On a monthly basis, you can expect spending from 100 to 200.However, there's a way to avoid this awful condition on your smartphone. First of all, you will need root access. It's simply mandatory.Once you root your phone, install a file explorer from Google Playstore that access system folders such as ES File Xplorer. Go to menu and check the "Root Explorer". SuperSU should pop up instantly and press "Grant access"Now go to the root directory /. Select "System" folder.Then "app" folder, search for 2 folders specifically: GN_Salestrack and GN_Statistics. Select those 2 and delete. Confirm it's deleted.Now, the programs are deleted however the system will still call the strings to operate those missing programs, which reflects on your smartphone being slow and buggy.Go to ES File Explorer again. Select root directory "/". Now again, "system" folder. Scroll down and look for "build.prop"If you're using ES File Explorer you can open this file with the explorer note editor already built in the program.Open the "build.prop". Carefully search for these strings:ro.gn.oversea.brand.salestracka=09371947404044ro.gn.oversea.brand.salestrackb=09371947408741
Delete these two strings. These are the phone numbers where the SMS's go to. The numbers may vary. Just deleted the strings and nothing else.Now for the upload hog, search for this string:"ro.gn.salessttatistic.url"Delete the result, and leave it:ro.gn.salessttatistic.url=0 - Exit and reboot the phone. -Congratulations, you are now NOT spending money without knowing about!Yours truly

I tried this but i can't save the correction. Kindly assists
Re: Please Help, My Phone Is Sending Messages To Unknown Number. by tempem: 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2018
tujuka607:
tempem:I think its a virus..I faced that too on my gionee phone.. Did you root your phone?Try installing cm security and Trojan killer. yes, i rooted the phone but currently, it's unrooted. so how will use the cm security?9

Download the App on playstore. There you go! It is self explanatory.
Re: Please Help, My Phone Is Sending Messages To Unknown Number. by GarminTechnical(f): 5:56pm On Sep 10, 2018
If its doing by default than may be your phone and sim try to save hyper protocol setting for your phone. Or if this is doing after several time interval than you should check the settings.
Go to settings.
Select message settings.
Change your settings.
Re: Please Help, My Phone Is Sending Messages To Unknown Number. by Rexzara: 11:06pm On Oct 06, 2020
dostico:

Av been trying to root my gionee s10 lite with king root and the like for days now.. But couldn't
Is dere any other way or app that would be able to root it

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Blacklist A Number On A Java Tecno T351 / Techno P3 Full Specifications / How To Make Your Own Micro Sim Card!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.