Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,546 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

New Implant Can Turn Sperm Off With A Switch - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / New Implant Can Turn Sperm Off With A Switch (811 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: ALL AMERICANS WILL RECEIVE A MICROCHIP IMPLANT IN 2017!!! / Why Does Not The MTU Configuration Take Effect On Tunnel Interfaces Of A Switch? / Russian Scientist Invents Chemical That Can Turn A Black Man To White (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Implant Can Turn Sperm Off With A Switch by sokar(m): 5:51pm On Jan 08, 2016

photo credit: The Bimek SLV is implanted into the testicles and controls the flow of sperm. Vimeo/Bimek SLV

A German carpenter has spent the past 20 years developing an idea for a male contraceptive consisting of a switch that sits inside the testicles, in order to control the flow of sperm through the urethra. Having already attained a patent for the product and created a working prototype, inventor Clemens Bimek is now awaiting the start of an upcoming clinical trial on his product.

Made from PEEK-OPTIMA – a polymer that is regularly used to manufacture implants – the so-called Bimek SLV is surgically inserted into the spermatic ducts during a half-hour operation. Once implanted, the switch can be felt through the skin of the scrotum and physically flipped in order to open or close the flow of sperm.

The device is inserted into the vas deferens as a blockade of sorts. When the switch is in the open position, sperm is able to pass through the vas deferens – the duct that conveys sperm from the testicle to the urethra – before exiting the penis via the urethra. However, when the switch is flicked to the closed position, sperm is blocked from passing through, therefore eliminating the possibility of pregnancy arising from sexual intercourse.

According to the manufacturer’s website, the Bimek SLV is preferable to other contraceptive techniques, such as having a vasectomy, wearing a condom or using the female pill, since it offers a solution to many of the drawbacks pertaining to these options. For instance, it provides greater flexibility than a vasectomy, enabling users to control their own ability to impregnate their partner rather than permanently disabling this. Also, unlike condoms or pills, it cannot be forgotten, since it is constantly present within the user.

The device itself is 18 millimeters long (0.7 inches) and weighs just 2 grams (0.07 ounces), with Bimek himself having already become the first person to receive the implant. A clinical trial involving 25 volunteers is now set to begin, in order to test the safety and efficacy of the product.

According to the Telegraph , some experts have raised concerns over the use of the implant for contraceptive purposes. For instance, Wolfgang Buhmann, spokesperson for the Professional Association of German Urologists, has explained that “the valve could cause scarring where it meets the vas deferens,” which could then block the flow of sperm even when the switch is open.

Source
Re: New Implant Can Turn Sperm Off With A Switch by andrewozed: 6:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
that would be nice for family planning but it would feel weird having artificial stuff in your balls.
Switching it off could have side effect, after-all where would the expulsion go? this technology get as e be abeg.

FTC? OSHE!
Re: New Implant Can Turn Sperm Off With A Switch by mdbissalla(m): 6:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
[size=18]I no subscribe to this pls...[/size]
Re: New Implant Can Turn Sperm Off With A Switch by bamirotola: 1:04am On Jan 09, 2016
This is ridiculous..what is d essence of having sex when I cannot cum? Moreover It cld cause damage to d delicate vas deference with d continuos switching off an on of d implant... Wc man go even get tym to switch off when he wan cum? Na den e dey swt pass
Re: New Implant Can Turn Sperm Off With A Switch by sokar(m): 6:06am On Jan 09, 2016
bamirotola:
This is ridiculous..what is d essence of having sex when I cannot cum? Moreover It cld cause damage to d delicate vas deference with d continuos switching off an on of d implant... Wc man go even get tym to switch off when he wan cum? Na den e dey swt pass

It doesn't stop you from cumming, it stops sperm from coming out when you do like someone that's had a vasectomy.

2 Likes

Re: New Implant Can Turn Sperm Off With A Switch by gargoyle: 12:57pm On Jan 11, 2016
Nice invention. I am not surprised though since biomedical research seems to advance at a rapid pace.

My questions however include:

1. Has its efficacy and safety been tested on animal models?

2. Would it increase the risk of developing urological diseases like B.P.H?

3. Is the polymer bio-compatible?
Re: New Implant Can Turn Sperm Off With A Switch by Parizz: 11:47am On Jan 15, 2023
gargoyle:
Nice invention. I am not surprised though since biomedical research seems to advance at a rapid pace.

My questions however include:

1. Has its efficacy and safety been tested on animal models?

2. Would it increase the risk of developing urological diseases like B.P.H?

3. Is the polymer bio-compatible?
hi, am from ashawo thread. i've got what you want. I know a gal

1 Like

Re: New Implant Can Turn Sperm Off With A Switch by gargoyle: 12:11pm On Jan 15, 2023
Parizz:

Dm me on 09168342727
Re: New Implant Can Turn Sperm Off With A Switch by kumero(m): 12:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
Hi bro. Please can you link me up with that babe or any other babe that loves to give BJ. Preferably the one that will let me cum in her mouth

Parizz:

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Introduces New Plan, 100mb For N200, 30mb For N100 / How To Use Only One Superglue For Over 2 Months / Best Internet Plans And High Speed Internet | Bharat Fibernet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.