Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

How To Start A Blogging Business Like Linda Ikeji [tutorial] - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start A Blogging Business Like Linda Ikeji [tutorial] (3055 Views)

Are You In Interested In Blogging Business? Buy This Blog With The Adsense Now / Run Your Business Like A Pro / I Have Never Seen Any Business Like This!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Start A Blogging Business Like Linda Ikeji [tutorial] by MediaDeveloper(m): 8:50pm On Jan 09, 2016
A Simple Guide On How To Create A Blog, Publish Blog Post and Promote Your Blog in 2016 - Part 1

[img]http://4.bp..com/-cW15_DrpfnU/VodyAiVLA-I/AAAAAAAABOE/2rj7evlXy6k/s1600/How%2Bto%2Bstart%2Ba%2Bblog%2Bcover.jpg[/img]

In the evolving world of social media...

Blogging has become an inexpensive way for people, businesses and organizations to connect with customers, build relationships with prospective customers, connect people to their brands, share ideas, help people, build network of loyal followers, increase their chances of being seen first on search engines, sell products, drive traffic to other websites and become authority.

Linda Ikeji is one person that have achieved the above stated benefits from blogging and even more from blogging. Linda Ikeji is a successful African Blogger that has more money blogging in Africa, you can read about Linda Ikeji and her blog here

Today, blogging is now a critical tool for business and persons who wants to have a share of the social media success.

For whatever reason you may choose to blog, this tutorial will get you started. And, it is my wish that you become as successful as Linda Ikeji in the near future.

Choose Blogger

[img]http://1.bp..com/-TCaqSqYL6gw/VodzeE9ZsUI/AAAAAAAABOQ/gpFUVar7kxs/s320/Blogger-icon-480x480.svg.png[/img]

Blogger is a free powerful and robust content management with a user friendly interface and a massive collection of free and premium professionally designed templates.

Blogger has an almost 100% uptime assurance, meaning your blog will never go offline no matter how much traffic you are getting. However, we do not care much about these amazing features of Blogger. We are using Blogger because Linda Ikeji's Blog is hosted by Blogger.

Visit blogger.com to get started with blogger

You will have to sign into Blogger with any of your Google account or create one if you don't already have.

Once you have successfully signed in to Blogger, you will be required to choose a Blogger Profile. I suggest you use Google+ Profile as it has more advantage over Blogger Profile.

Click the "continue to blogger" button to go to Blogger Dashboard where you will create your blog.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-ddg4QMICX_o/VoeB5_CTiWI/AAAAAAAABOw/TI1_MRg3PzM/s320/blogger-dashboard.png[/img]

From your Blogger Dashboard, click on the "New Blog" button from the left-top of the page.

After clicking the "New Blog" button, a pop-up will require you to choose a Title, Address and Template for your new blog.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-uwQlLN74fk4/VoeQqfmL64I/AAAAAAAABPQ/e3FSAJy5DY8/s320/create-new-blog.png[/img]

Blog Title: your blog title is shown at the top of your blog like "Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog", it is your first chance to introduce your blog to new readers and let them know what the blog is about.

The blog title is very important as it is what your blog posts will be prefixed with when share on social media. If you are about to create a blog for your business, the title should look like "Welccome to [Business Name]'s Blog". In the case of this blog, I will be sharing ideas from a topic I was newly introduced to in 2015 by Blossom Ozurumba at the Abuja Social Media Summit which I hosted.

Blossom Ozurumba was the Most Influential Speaker at the First Annual Abuja Social Media Summit themed Social Media for Social Good which held at the Valencia Hotels in Abuja on 23rd December, 2015. Where she talked about Social Media Marketing, other speakers at the summit include Grace Anuforo a Media Consultant and OAP, Abraham Ologundudu a Digital Marketing Consultant, Adeleke David a Writer and Personal Development Blogger, and my humble self.

So, I will be sharing things about building a Personal Brand and becoming a Brand Person in Nigeria on this blog. Therefore, the blog title will be "Welcome to Brand Person Blog".

Blog Address: this is your blog's URL (Uniform Resource Identifier) on the internet; you will have to choose an address that is closly related to your blog's title, I will choose "naijabrandperson" to be the new blog address which will end with ..com when the blog is created.

Blog Template: blog templates defines how the overall design of your blog will, just choose the Simple template which is automatically selected by Blogger.

Click the "Create blog!" button to create your new Blogger blog.

After creating your new blog, you will be taking to your blog's overview page which should look like the image below.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-hus_q4TXWjw/Voemr3DYF6I/AAAAAAAABPg/UXNh7eNcL1I/s320/blogger-overview.png[/img]

Publish Blog Posts

Now that you have successfully created your Blog, your next task is to start posting interesting and meaningful articles.

Click the “New post” button by the top-left of the page load and open the Blogger Post Editor where you will write, preview and publish a blog posts from.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-vhrJNg4mIH0/Voi4YQph2OI/AAAAAAAABQE/y95xOCi8_gg/s320/blogger-post-editor.png[/img]

Before you publish a post, you should have something meaningful to share, the title of your post should be descriptive enough to explain the rest of the post and also get people interested in the post.

Continue this tutorial on How to Start A Blog like Linda Ikeji's Blog Part 2

(1) (Reply)

Cake And Pastries Business Plan / Are You Into Soap Business In Lagos ? Check This Out / Business Plan For The Production Of Sachet Water And Ice Block In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.