Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,923 members, 7,835,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Why You Have Strands Of WHITE HAIRS On Your Hair. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why You Have Strands Of WHITE HAIRS On Your Hair. (1444 Views)

Affordable Human Hairs At Unbeatable Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Have Strands Of WHITE HAIRS On Your Hair. by Nobody: 1:27am On Jan 10, 2016
Hello Good people of Nairaland and Family Section ...
I really need some explanations as to what causes / or encourages growth of *WHITE HAIRS* on a young guys Hair.
I now have two strands of such hair and funnily one in my pubic hair and I really don't like them ... my Barber was commenting maybe I Think too much.
I really can't deny that because I really do that a lot due to my current phase ... but could that really be the cause or is it just normal as one ages ..Am approaching my late Twenties.

kindly share your thoughts with me please ...Especially Doctors .
Re: Why You Have Strands Of WHITE HAIRS On Your Hair. by missingrib(f): 1:34am On Jan 10, 2016
your not the only one in that situation. I myself have been noticing white hair on my head right from when I was in primary school then people do say am getting old and I will start crying. have brothers and friends with same issue. it's more like an hereditary and its never a bad sign.
Re: Why You Have Strands Of WHITE HAIRS On Your Hair. by Nobody: 1:52am On Jan 10, 2016
It's ok on your head but "down there" at your age embarassed lipsrsealed

Sorry #
Re: Why You Have Strands Of WHITE HAIRS On Your Hair. by vicstar(m): 2:30am On Jan 10, 2016
Bro u worry over few strands of grey hair? undecided

Anyway,

HOW DOES THIS FIGHT CORRUPTION undecided undecided
Re: Why You Have Strands Of WHITE HAIRS On Your Hair. by Cutehector(m): 4:56am On Jan 10, 2016
Ur dick belongs to ur great grand father grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Have Strands Of WHITE HAIRS On Your Hair. by jnrbayano(m): 6:53am On Jan 10, 2016
Nothing about thinking and white hair dear. No argument in the book supports that or I haven't come across any as yet.

Ask daddy and mummy whether they experienced such in their own time. I'm sure one of them did.

This kind of thing is in the genes just like developing bald while still young.
Re: Why You Have Strands Of WHITE HAIRS On Your Hair. by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:17am On Jan 10, 2016
Cutehector:
grin grin grin How could you?

Thinking? Causing gray hair? Never heard of that ..

@ OP, most people start having gray hair when the hair follicles cease to produce melanin (the pigment that gives the hair it's dark color), though having gray hair at a young age can make you stand out in a crowd.. I remember a classmate who had few strands in secondary school, and she was so proud of it cheesy, though we made fun of her, calling her, an old woman..

In most cases it may signal more serious problems such as;

• Heredity: This deals with your gene which is a determinant in the production and discontinuity of melanin.. Your DNA may destine you to gray hair at an early age.

• Vitamin Deficiency: These has to do with lack of vitamins, especially Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin).. Examples of foods rich in B12 includes; sardine, tuna, cow's milk, yogurt, shrimps, etc.

• Smoking: (self explanatory)..

• Thyroid disorder: The thyroid gland is located at the oesophagus. If your thyroid fails to produce enough hormone, you suffer from hypothyroidism (low production of thyroid hormone) and a major side effect of hypothyroidism may be premature graying of the hair.
Re: Why You Have Strands Of WHITE HAIRS On Your Hair. by AmiLaHoit(f): 8:55am On Jan 10, 2016
Cutehector:

Hahahahaha... Silly boy.
Appy' New Year!
Re: Why You Have Strands Of WHITE HAIRS On Your Hair. by ifyalways(f): 9:06am On Jan 10, 2016
Spotted two or three on my husband's "bear bear" and I lovittt kiss. He's keeping it for me oo.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Have Strands Of WHITE HAIRS On Your Hair. by Annais(f): 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
I've had two or three strands since I was little. I think it's hereditary because my grandmum had it too.
Re: Why You Have Strands Of WHITE HAIRS On Your Hair. by yvelchstores(f): 12:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
Nubian113:
It's ok on your head but "down there" at your age embarassed lipsrsealed

Sorry #
hahaha.looool
Re: Why You Have Strands Of WHITE HAIRS On Your Hair. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
I feel relieved reading a handful of meaningful comments from ..you all can see those am referring to here.

Sincerely I think I can trace it to that aspect of low Vitamin intake...and will definitely adjust to this new knowledge.

I celebrate you all ... including Cutehector, I guess my ancestors must have sent you that very confidential info from their abode, Please how do you manage to mix with humans ?
Re: Why You Have Strands Of WHITE HAIRS On Your Hair. by Cutehector(m): 6:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
drylman:
I feel relieved reading a handful of meaningful comments from ..you all can see those am referring to here.

Sincerely I think I can trace it to that aspect of low Vitamin intake...and will definitely adjust to this new knowledge.

I celebrate you all ... including Cutehector, I guess my ancestors must have sent you that very confidential info from their abode, Please how do you manage to mix with humans ?
lol I Dnt get wat u tryna imply grin

(1) (Reply)

Quarrelling And Searching / Urgent Help Needed. Advice On Rocky Marriage / Unhappy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.