Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,873 members, 7,817,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Was That Samuel's Ghost? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was That Samuel's Ghost? (928 Views)

Meet Grace Ojewande, 56-Year-Old Virgin Married To Prophet Samuel Abiara (Photo) / Prophet Samuel Akinbodunse Prophecy About 2019 Election In Nigeria, South Africa / Traumatized Nigerian Doctor Shares His Experience With A Ghost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was That Samuel's Ghost? by dedons: 6:50am On Jan 10, 2016
Reading the bible from the book of 1st Samuel chapter 28 verse 6 to 25.

We saw how King Saul went outside the city to a witch who he asked to raise the Ghost of Samuel(a dead prophet).

The bible told us about how the witch did resurrect the Ghost of samuel and how king Saul communicated with Samuel's ghost.

Those of us who are very conversant with the bible know that the bible does not in anyway support re-incarnation.

There are lot of passages in the bible that really condemn the act of re-incarnation.

Now the questions are as follows;
(1)How come the ghost of a prophet as powerful as Samuel was able to be controlled by a barnished witch?

(2)According to the bible,after death is judgement.
Where was samuel's ghost before he was summoned by the witch?

(3)was that really Samuel's ghost?
Or was it a familiar spirit?

Your contributions will be highly appreciated with biblical proof.

...seun,lalasticlala,mynd44,ishilove, Your views are also necessary.
Re: Was That Samuel's Ghost? by DVMtuppence(m): 6:58am On Jan 10, 2016
Ok
I will read later
Re: Was That Samuel's Ghost? by ideatoprince18(m): 7:22am On Jan 10, 2016
ttg
Re: Was That Samuel's Ghost? by bright007(f): 8:37am On Jan 10, 2016
It was not Samuel's ghost....It was a familiar spirit
Re: Was That Samuel's Ghost? by waldigit: 8:56am On Jan 10, 2016
From memorial man had been interfacing with spirit world. That Samuel case is just one of them. Also devil had always kept man in the dark concerning the truth. This is one of the reasons why Jesus was made manifest.
Dead dont mingle with the living. There is a barrier, even bw the holy dead and the sinful dead acording to Jesus naration in Lazarus and rich man's case, let alone bw the living and the dead.
Do not be ignorant of devices of the devil. The angel of darkness appears as angel of light to deceive the ignorant. Ignorance is a sin of omission.

2 Likes

Re: Was That Samuel's Ghost? by dedons: 10:09am On Jan 10, 2016
bright007:
hmmmm.

Any proof
Re: Was That Samuel's Ghost? by urahara(m): 10:37am On Jan 10, 2016
The old testament concept was that after death you go to a place called the land of the dead whether you are good or bad. It is called sheol. It was when isreal was hellenised that concepts of hell started
Re: Was That Samuel's Ghost? by ERONX(m): 11:17am On Jan 10, 2016
Re: Was That Samuel's Ghost? by dolphinheart(m): 11:33am On Jan 10, 2016
Samuel that refused to see Saul while alive will now be summoned by someone who Samuels God had told samuel not to associate with so as to speak to Saul.
you can believe that that was Samuels spirit cus I know the devils deceptive ability is strong.

By the way, does a mans spirit go to hell when he dies?
Re: Was That Samuel's Ghost? by greatme2good(f): 11:34am On Jan 10, 2016
Most times the bible confuses me Cos it contradicts some issues.
God give me a clear understanding of ur word Amen.

1 Like

Re: Was That Samuel's Ghost? by dedons: 4:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
urahara:
The old testament concept was that after death you go to a place called the land of the dead whether you are good or bad. It is called sheol. It was when isreal was hellenised that concepts of hell started
you haven't answered the question sir
Re: Was That Samuel's Ghost? by cjfbn: 5:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
Want to ask you a question. Do you know that you do not cease to exist when you die?
When you get this straight, the issue will be clearer to you. What man does not understand,he sees it as evil.
Those saying familiar spirit,cannot explain the phenomenon thus they use a general term "familiar spirit".
This medium is not the best to deal with your question, have an open mind and if your seeking is genuine, clarity will come.

1 Like

Re: Was That Samuel's Ghost? by dedons: 7:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
cjfbn:
Want to ask you a question. Do you know that you do not cease to exist when you die?
When you get this straight, the issue will be clearer to you. What man does not understand,he sees it as evil.
Those saying familiar spirit,cannot explain the phenomenon thus they use a general term "familiar spirit".
This medium is not the best to deal with your question, have an open mind and if your seeking is genuine, clarity will come.
hmmmn...you haven't answered the questions sir.
Re: Was That Samuel's Ghost? by AlexCk: 7:25pm On Jan 10, 2016
bright007:

meaning, it sounded like Samuel, but it wasn't Samuel??,
Re: Was That Samuel's Ghost? by dolphinheart(m): 8:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
cjfbn:

How and in what form do you now exist when you die o.
Re: Was That Samuel's Ghost? by dedons: 9:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
Where are the bible scholars
Re: Was That Samuel's Ghost? by dabosuker(m): 9:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
greatme2good:
Most times the bible confuses me Cos it contradicts some issues.

God give me a clear understanding of ur word Amen.

You better start paying less attention to that book & start keeping an open mind my dear
Re: Was That Samuel's Ghost? by dedons: 10:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
dabosuker:

You better start paying less attention to that book & start keeping an open mind my dear
why did you say that sir
Re: Was That Samuel's Ghost? by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
I believe it was Samuel himself that was invoked by that Witch of Edom!
He prophesied the death of Saul and his son Jonathan afterward and it happened exactly! So what is confusing there?

To summon the dead was the practice of the heathen around Canaan in those days...

Samuel was resting jejely when karachika come wake am up so dat Saul fit yan with am....

1 Like

Re: Was That Samuel's Ghost? by dedons: 7:15am On Jan 23, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
I believe it was Samuel himself that was invoked by that Witch of Edom!
He prophesied the death of Saul and his son Jonathan afterward and it happened exactly! So what is confusing there?

To summon the dead was the practice of the heathen around Canaan in those days...

Samuel was resting jejely when karachika come wake am up so dat Saul fit yan with am....
where was samuel's ghost resting before he was summoned
Re: Was That Samuel's Ghost? by dedons: 7:02am On Jan 24, 2016
Happy sunday all....

(1) (Reply)

It Doesn't Take All Of This! / Why Do We Africans Mostly Nigerians Place More Emphasis On Spirituality?? (pics) / Atheist Society Of Nigeria Register As A Corporate Body, Petition MDCN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.