Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Konga.com Is So Annoying. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga.com Is So Annoying. (1191 Views)

Jason Njoku: "Why Konga Was Sold To Zinox" / Annoying Things That Happen Every Time You Have To Enter A Bank(Photos) / 9 Annoying Sets Of Nigerians You'd Meet At An ATM Queue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Konga.com Is So Annoying. by kingpin83(m): 10:24am On Jan 10, 2016
Have been a seller on Konga for over 11months now .and all they do is give unnecessary headaches to merchant and they don't care at all.
In November last year my store was suspended cos I had low sales for that month and cos I opt out from making ad on their platform which they will charge you for.and then tame Off their 15% commission which was 10% some months back.
I wrote them to discuss this and I got this reply.
So if I don't do ad on their platform they won't Reopen my store?
If DSTV gives us wahala ..does Konga have to make life unbearable for small business owners?
Just sharing my ugly experience from KONGA.COM.

Re: Konga.com Is So Annoying. by orshybay(m): 10:52am On Jan 10, 2016
i am an 11 months merchant too and i have had ugly experiences too. so many uncalled for.
presently, my store is suspended over some N525 bill that has been paid. when will they remove the restriction that they benefit from?
they charge a 15% off orders and yet make life miserable for merchants.
isnt 15% not too much in the first place.
i hope my stores restriction is not because i have not place an ADVERT through them? i wont place an AD on the konga platform for the wrong approaches in the other business relationships.
KONGA, STOP ANNOYING US. when you loose a merchant, you begin to loose till you fall apart.
WE TRY AS A MERCHANT, you are not the only ecommerce site. #rogerthat
stop oooooooooooooo
Re: Konga.com Is So Annoying. by koredex4love(m): 11:20am On Jan 10, 2016
For you guys to have come here and elucidate your grievance about the platform is very wrong and unprofessional of you.
First and formost,you can decide not to trade on their platform,you are not doing them any good for selling on their platform,if you examined the advantage of this platform to your business,you will agreed to me ,they have done more good than arm to you.
Secondly,Nairaland is not the judiciary to give judgement,so why escalating your issues here,you forgot that,if you tarnish their image,your own business too will suffering?I am a smart and aggressive seller before online platform came,but to be candid with you ,this people has given us the privilege to be our boss at the comfort of our house.
Thirdly,you claimed Konga commission is high,but I agree but I will let you consider the following, Konga charge is still better than their over hyped competitor who lacks proper organization and documentation,maybe you should move closer to more experienced merchants and let them share experience with you on the other over hyped platform,and you will know that Konga is a master despite their little challenges for now.
Also,tell me which other platform have the advancement of their merchants in mind like Konga?Konga has organized a series of seminars for merchants ,even call a conference and adviced merchants to build their brands,tell is their competitors doing this?
Konga ,has short fall I agreed but am extremely not happy that you brought them here,you have hurt a business someone is striving to build,how will you feel if a customer do this to your business?
Pls,answer with sincerity in your heart.
You are not even thanking Konga for replying mails, have you written a mails to their the other over hyped patform and get a respoy in one month not to talk of if the response will meet your request.
You should have gone to their forum and escalate this,the highest is you may be bar from the forum for some time but your issue will be address.
And to your claimed they asked you to place advert,
I know more than 20 merchants on the platform that have never place an advert with them ,and they are making good sales .
I will advice you to do the following about your store,
Spy on your competitors who you sell the same thing,compare their package and your price and do the needful,am sure you know what I mean.
Secondly,always use a long essential words as the headings of your product.
Thirdly,share your store even on your facebook page.
Note ,am not working with Konga but I am a merchant with them ,and I can't behold you pull down their name because many unemployed graduate has been employed by them,and other trading on their platform has benefitted from them,just like you,if the platform has not been favourable to you,you would not have been here escalating what you should have handled in a matured way.
May God help our hustling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konga.com Is So Annoying. by orshybay(m): 12:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
you have said a lot but you didnt calm down to understand actually. moreover, no need for sentiments here cus its not an idea to tarnish image and nairaland is no judiciary but issues as such 's been addressed here over the years.
we are ofcus mutually benefitting from each other.
yes! you sell on the platform and you have strategies. no one is sayin that sales is dull, thanks for the elementary ideas that you gave though.
unwarranted suspension and AD enforcement wouldnt be right amidst others.

1 Like

Re: Konga.com Is So Annoying. by EnterPRO: 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
they never said it was a must for you to advertise with them.

they merely hinted that advertising anywhere - eg with them, could boost your online sales and thus prevent what led to your suspension in the first place.

what's the point of unsuspending you if they still have to suspend you again for the same reason?
Re: Konga.com Is So Annoying. by kingpin83(m): 11:08am On Jan 11, 2016
EnterPRO:
they never said it was a must for you to advertise with them.

they merely hinted that advertising anywhere - eg with them, could boost your online sales and thus prevent what led to your suspension in the first place.

what's the point of unsuspending you if they still have to suspend you again for the same reason?

Thank U Konga. That's how it should be done.

1 Like

Re: Konga.com Is So Annoying. by Barbenils(f): 7:12pm On Mar 20, 2016
orshybay:
i am an 11 months merchant too and i have had ugly experiences too. so many uncalled for.
presently, my store is suspended over some N525 bill that has been paid. when will they remove the restriction that they benefit from?
they charge a 15% off orders and yet make life miserable for merchants.
isnt 15% not too much in the first place.
i hope my stores restriction is not because i have not place an ADVERT through them? i wont place an AD on the konga platform for the wrong approaches in the other business relationships.
KONGA, STOP ANNOYING US. when you loose a merchant, you begin to loose till you fall apart.
WE TRY AS A MERCHANT, you are not the only ecommerce site. #rogerthat
stop oooooooooooooo

Pls how do I become a merchant....have tried but it's not working.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make More Money From Writing Online / Need Plastic Packaging Company/dealers / Chief Michael Ade Ojo Lifesize Portrat Painting By Artist Ayeola Ayodeji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.