Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,315 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Any Nigerians In The Philippines? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nigerians In The Philippines? (49879 Views)

Another Airasia Plane Carrying 153 People Overshoots Runway In The Philippines / Please I Need To Know If There Are Any Nigerians In Argentina And Chile / Any Nigerians In Turkey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by yrunvus: 3:02am On Jun 18, 2009
i'll be there next week for a month, just looking for cool people to hang out with
Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by raylabel: 10:04am On Jun 23, 2009
hi

speak with the MD Rapidwriters International on 08033343919

I am sure he can assist you find someone or make your stay there very comfy.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by sley4life(m): 12:07pm On Jun 23, 2009
what should nigerians be doing in phillipines? Pls if u dont have anywhere to go just enter jungle

5 Likes

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by darkroll(m): 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2009
there is a lot to do in Philippines , Scuba diving , snorkelling , Night life is great and cheap

I will choose Philippines for my vacation rather than Uk or yankee

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by yrunvus: 12:20am On Jun 24, 2009
sley4life, ur statement simply proves how hollow ur brain is,
Thanks for your comments guys

6 Likes

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by sley4life(m): 12:38am On Jun 24, 2009
yrunvus , u have a hollow brain thats why u would want to go to phillipines to hunt for birds. People like u are those that let us down. Y not come 9ja and find something better to do

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by darkroll(m): 3:05am On Jun 24, 2009
sley4life:

yrunvus , u have a hollow brain thats why u would want to go to phillipines to hunt for birds. People like u are those that let us down. Y not come 9ja and find something better to do
the poster is not going for holiyears like u doing in Cambodia (which is far worst than Philippines ) the poster is going there for just 1 month and looking for cool nigerians to hang out with .

There is more to Philippine than just Manila , lovely islands there to relax and re energize

7 Likes

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by davidif: 4:46am On Jun 24, 2009

sley4life,
You sound very very ignorant about the phillipines, i have friends from over there and trust me it is waaaaay much better than Cambodia.

3 Likes

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by sley4life(m): 7:05am On Jun 24, 2009
davidf, is that what u feel? Pls confirm from your friend very well. I know some people are mere lucky in a region but when u check the probability its too low. Phillipines might be good for some people but do u know how they made it there. I wish u have encountered what this philipines do online. If you know you would understand what im saying. You need to check the countrys profile and see for yourself. The level of development is poor but that doesnt mean you wont find people making it. There are countries where people should have double thought going to make a living as i know desperate 9ja go anywhere they want without checking the fact profile of their intended destination
Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by yrunvus: 9:52am On Jun 24, 2009
sley4life, go ahead and keep proving to us how hollow your brain is, I think you were blind when you read my post, go back and read it again, like darkrool iterated, i'm going there for one month.
And for your information, i live in Nigeria now and i'm in the Philippines for a month long course. So why dont you practice what you preach and move to Nigeria yourself.

A word for the hollowminded

2 Likes

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by sley4life(m): 12:06pm On Jun 24, 2009
@yrunvus, have the extreme hollowness in ur brain. my post didnt direct to u. My post is why would 9ja go to phillipines to hustle. U should read btw lines. If u ar going for visit then good but mind where u go because some places are not friendly for visit
Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by samparian(m): 12:40pm On Jun 24, 2009
Have you ever been to the Philippines?
Stop bad mouthing another man's country. It's a really nice place for Holidays. Not everyone travels for hustling bro.
@poster,
Forget Manila and go to the islands,Cebu, etc its better than Hawaii. my Australian friend has been there and i'm planning on visiting there too for some good fun
Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by richard7: 5:45am On Jul 08, 2009
hi, im a filipino just passing by ur conversation. Manila and Philippines is nice not because im biased, im now practicing in singapore because i can earn here more and i always go back to philippines like every 3 months because its so nice there, majority of the people are courteous and friendly. Every country has its own pride and downside as well. Like here in Singapore which is very nice place and very clean and very safe but many Singaporeans are not so happy because of very stressful life, i guess visiting Philipppines wont be a bad idea. Im going back there with Singaporean friends this August 1-12 smiley must know where to go and u will surely love it. thanks

8 Likes

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by Bravesfc: 12:31pm On Sep 13, 2009
Well, I have been to the phillipines. and visited a couple of the cities from Cagayan De oro to Ozamis, Iligan, not to mention Manila. The peole are nice, easy going and I must say the country is more organised than Nigeria ( thats no disrespect to my fatherland, just plain truth). I would surely visit the place anytime again. If you want to purchase items cheaply for business, visit their Malls. They actually have the Largest MALL in the whole of Asia.

Go out their and have fun, hustle do anything, just dont do anything wrong that will tarnish the image of other Nigerians. Anybody needs recommendation on hotels and affordable accomodations when you visit? just send me a mail and I will give you links. bravesfc@yahoo.com
Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by ichommy(m): 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2009
please ineed info about PHILIPPINES tour visa and the embassy required thanks
Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by Bravesfc: 1:05pm On Sep 16, 2009
Its nothing difficult.
you can either apply via a tour package, which would ensure you have everything arranged from here. Ususally not so expensive as compared to visiting UK or US or anyother european nation. Or you have someone over there send you an invitation letter. The Philly embassy is in Abuja.
When you visit go with:

[list]
[li]Invitation letter.[/li]
[li]
[li]Bank statement showing your income inflow.[/li]
[li]
[li]I dont need to mention a valid International Passport. (If you dont go with that, then I would probably support a visa denial for you.)  smiley[/li]
[li]A police clearance ( get that at the immigration office at Alagbon)[/li]
[li]A hospital report from preferably a general hospital. If its your first time, then you better get a yellow card too,they may just prevent you from entering the country when you get to Manila or anywhere else.[/li]
[li]Evidence of a return flight booking.[/li]
[/list]

Lastly, relax, contact the embassy and book an interview date, then go and have fun. I think its twice in a week. For more details or clarification, use the contact in my previous post.

good luck.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by ichommy(m): 12:13pm On Sep 21, 2009
@bravesfc

thanks for the info check your e-mail

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by zeedee(f): 5:06pm On Dec 18, 2009
I laugh. If you haven't been there dont talk! Just dont.

Makati City alone has more skyscrapers and high rise condominiums than I've seen in Abuja. I've not even started with Taguig (Fort Bonifacio), Ortigas and beyond.

Jungle

4 Likes

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by yemiking: 5:43pm On Feb 26, 2010
sley4life:

what should nigerians be doing in phillipines? Pls if u dont have anywhere to go just enter jungle

You are a cow! I was in manila last yr for my internship for 8 months and i really had fun. Its people lyk u wit get-rich-quick mentality that hardly make something worthwhile out of lyf.
You dont talk bull about things/places that you dont know. You are so so ignorant!
Criously you are just plain silly!

3 Likes

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by suxes2005(m): 6:31pm On Feb 26, 2010
Philippines?

Anyways, I fink it is a gud place as my
friend went dia January 2007 wit 1 month
visa, he l8a told me he is in school and
he is yet to return, I guess he is doin fine

SHALOM

2 Likes

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by yemiking: 11:52pm On Feb 26, 2010
suxes2005:

Philippines?

Anyways, I fink it is a gud place as my
friend went dia January 2007 wit 1 month
visa, he l8a told me he is in school and
he is yet to return, I guess he is doin fine

SHALOM

Suxes dont mind that fool wey dey yarn poo jare. I was there last yr for 8 months.
If u ve got money its the best place to live. I mean every word of that. The best schools there costs about 600$ per sem and when I say the best i mean world class, I interned at Standard Chartered there and it was the greatest exp of my life till date and cost of living is really cheap too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by yemiking: 11:56pm On Feb 26, 2010
zeedee:

I laugh. If you haven't been there dont talk! Just dont.

Makati City alone has more skyscrapers and high rise condominiums than I've seen in Abuja. I've not even started with Taguig (Fort Bonifacio), Ortigas and beyond.

Jungle

yea zeedee u r very ryt!. I lived in Makati.Taguig and ortigas is 5 mins drive away on either sides. The diff btw Phes and Naija is just same as btw night and day.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by suxes2005(m): 2:58am On Feb 27, 2010
yemiking:

Suxes dont mind that fool wey dey yarn poo jare. I was there last yr for 8 months.
If u ve got money its the best place to live. I mean every word of that. The best schools there costs about 600$ per sem and when I say the best i mean world class, I interned at Standard Chartered there and it was the greatest exp of my life till date and cost of living is really cheap too.

Aight bro.

Anyways, since u r talkin from experience so i think
he should agree with you. How ur side now?

SHALOM
Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by noblegas2(m): 12:09pm On Feb 27, 2010
yrunvus:

i'll be there next week for a month, just looking for cool people to hang out with

Yes! there are nigerians in Phillippines.
Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by shineikoro(f): 6:06am On May 03, 2010
does anyone feel like hanging out??, dats if u live around metro manila
i could really use d company wink

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by wip4: 7:30pm On May 03, 2010
PHILIPPINES what a beautiful country, ohh i missed Manila and Cebu, Poster am sure you just felt like talking is not as if you have anything in your brain to say really. In many aspect you cant compare philipines to naija. the land of sky scrappers, constant and stable elctricity etc , ordinary chewing stick our government officials in naija import it from abroad. Almost all of them do visit these countries but they will go back to naija to dey share money. their universities are very standard and english bin medium of instruction is another advantage of studying over there with very minimal living expenses and affordable fees, good medical colleges, is a nice country, but pls pls don near drugs ooooo

2 Likes

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by cruthik20: 10:36am On May 04, 2010
hi there!

i am filipina and really wanting to meet black guys like nigerians. You people are really beautiful to my eyes. I hope to meet nigerians who are in the philippines to be a friend i can go out and hang out with. you can contact me through email: cru_thik430@yahoo.com thanks,

hope to hear from you!

Katrina

2 Likes

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by newmusic: 1:16pm On May 04, 2010
cru_thik20 : put your pic in the profile so people can see how beautiful you are,lol.
Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by shineikoro(f): 8:32am On May 05, 2010
katrina wants only nigerian guys, hahaha!!
u should really upload ur pix para makita natin ganda mo (to translate: so we'll see ur beauty)

are there any igbo guys in philippines?? i miss speaking igbo (ndi igbo kwenu!!) hahaha smiley wink

2 Likes

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by eghost247(m): 9:02am On Oct 03, 2010
Hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Philippines
lol you cant be serious
theres nothing there
for you
except vacation as u said
there citizens are all over Italy
so why should a Nigeria go there
hilarious

2 Likes

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by tetemo: 6:11pm On Jan 02, 2011
eghost247:

Hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Philippines
lol you cant be serious
theres nothing there
for you
except vacation as u said
there citizens are all over Italy
so why should a Nigeria go there
hilarious

Because Philippine is miles better than Nigeria, miles cleaner, good standard of living than naija and miles more beautiful. Philippine go to Italy because they can afford to live there because they are highly educated and highly competitive, they like italian culture because of the catholicism, and more opportunity to earn more but for naija it will be hard for them to live in Italy. Did you get the comparison?

5 Likes

Re: Any Nigerians In The Philippines? by filnaija: 9:41pm On Feb 25, 2011
I wan looking for a courier company for my goods going to Nigeria then I found this forum,

Anyway, I'm a Filipina and married to a Nigerian. I've been in Nigeria and we have properties over there, however we are base here in Malaysia. To answer the main question, YES there are lots of Nigerians in the Philippines, and most Nigerians I know from there are big boys already, I even know the owner of the Nigerian Restaurants and Bars in Manila. FYI, there are Nigerians in Manila that have a legal job and they're jobs are paying better compare to their previous job in Nigeria. Honestly, the attitude of filipinos and nigerians (specially igbo) are almost the same. The weather are also the same. But I can say that our city is better than Nigeria, we are more developed.We also have more tourist destinations and attractions than in Naija, and most of all, we have 24 hours electricity (nepa) and water. We are also far far better than Columbia, I've been there as well.

Before I travel to Nigeria I heard a lot of bad things about naija from our nigerian friends also, they told me about kidnappings, poor power supply, water, bad roads, dust and poison, Even my husband told me about those things and warned me as well. But, I will still come back in Naija, and maybe 3 years from now, we will be staying there for good since we are building our house over there.

Yes, your country is not much developed compare to the other countries I've been, but I love your people. Nigerians in Nigeria are very friendly, accomodating, sociable, I love your food, specially "suya", Your goods in the market are very cheap! And most of all my in-laws loves me and I got a lot of special treatment from people, government and banks, hehehehe!!!!

A piece of advice, try to travel in other countries so that you'll be open minded. Most of the times, media are bias, Would you believe, there are white people thinking that Africa is a junglewell, because of the movies they watched like Madagascar, Tarzan, Blood Diamond ( although Blood Diamond is a nice movie),

ịmela!!!

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) / Train Crushes Man's Leg And Hand While Listening To Music In Lagos / The Destruction Caused After Dam Collapsed In South Africa (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.