Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Angry Subscriber Petitions NCC Over Smile 4g’s Unlimited Promo - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Angry Subscriber Petitions NCC Over Smile 4g’s Unlimited Promo (1755 Views)

Proposed Data Plans Increase: Hilarious Angry Responses On Ncc's Social Media / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? / Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angry Subscriber Petitions NCC Over Smile 4g’s Unlimited Promo by khalhokage(m): 2:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
A Nigerian, Chukwuka Ekeledo, is petitioning the NCC (Nigerian Communications Commission) against Smile Communications Nigeria’s extreme throttling of their Unlimited data promo. Here is an excerpt from the petition:

In December 2015, they rolled out their Unlimited plan at the ridiculous price of N19,800($73) for 30 days. A large majority of its users jumped on this plan because it made the most sense but to the shocking disbelief and downright frustration of its users, within days of activation an ISP that recorded a whooping speed of 21 Megabytes per second was reduced to 4.732 kilobytes per second.

You will remember that [url=mobilityarena.com/is-smile-4gs-unlimited-internet-promo-throttled/]our findings here is that Smile throttles the said Unlimited plan.[/url] While throttling is a legitimate practice among ISPs the world over, the kind of throttling being experienced by subscribers to Smile’s Unlimited plan is very extreme. Throttling of the service down to 3G speeds would have been a fairer approach, but with subscribers experiencing far less than 3G speeds on a 4G plan, a reaction of this sort is not surprising.

What do you think of this situation? If interested in the matter, the petition is available on Change.org and can be found HERE.

Source: [url=mobilityarena.com/subscriber-sets-up-petition-against-smile-communications/]Mobilityarena[/url]
Re: Angry Subscriber Petitions NCC Over Smile 4g’s Unlimited Promo by godunia(m): 4:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
Are u sure, sometimes location affects the effectiveness of service. I suggest u enter 192.168.8.1 on your browser after connecting to confirm the strength of service in your location. Glo crawls in my house but runs like mad in my office. Imagine reporting glo because of my experience in my house.

1 Like

Re: Angry Subscriber Petitions NCC Over Smile 4g’s Unlimited Promo by khalhokage(m): 4:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
godunia:
Are u sure, sometimes location affects the effectiveness of service. I suggest u enter 192.168.8.1 on your browser after connecting to confirm the strength of service in your location. Glo crawls in my house but runs like mad in my office. Imagine reporting glo because of my experience in my house.
This is a legitimate complaint, if you follow the link you'll see that they really overzealously throttle speeds on their unlimited 4g plan.

1 Like

Re: Angry Subscriber Petitions NCC Over Smile 4g’s Unlimited Promo by blueheart(m): 6:32am On Jan 11, 2016
Dunno why Smile always remind me of MTN. Extortion personified #TEAMSPECTRANET
Re: Angry Subscriber Petitions NCC Over Smile 4g’s Unlimited Promo by alpamo6: 11:43am On Jan 17, 2016
The same experience here in PHC. They are fraud.
Re: Angry Subscriber Petitions NCC Over Smile 4g’s Unlimited Promo by khalhokage(m): 11:51am On Jan 17, 2016
alpamo6:
The same experience here in PHC. They are fraud.

Then add your weight to the petition at the link.

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Camon C9 Users. What Your Experience So Far? / Infinix Note 2(x600) Running Xos With Marshmallow / Which Phone Would You Buy If You Had 70k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.