Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,285 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Silverbird's New Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Silverbird's New Site (1396 Views)

New Site, Where To Advertise? / Great New Site For Young Nigerians Www.ovaloaded.com / Just designed a new site..... critique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silverbird's New Site by deb(m): 1:31pm On Oct 26, 2006
This is my latest work. http://www.silverbirdgroup.com

I was asked to redesign the site and that is what I have done.
I need you all bad designers here to comment on it.

Mind you that is a temporary cinemas site taking over the Group's domain.

I'm currently redesigning other silverbird group sites.
Meanwhile let me get you opinion on that cinemas
Re: Silverbird's New Site by deb(m): 1:33pm On Oct 27, 2006
Prodgalson thanks for your comments and observation.

I'll work on them.

In response to your questions;

1.     I am a web designer

2.     Designing the whole concept took me one week

3.     How much they paid me?  LAUGHS grin
Re: Silverbird's New Site by krs1(m): 2:41am On Oct 28, 2006
question: did you design with photoshop?
also check your site's display on other browsers especially firefox and opera coz it doesnt look too good on them.

other than that, the site looks cool though
Re: Silverbird's New Site by smartsoft(m): 5:28am On Oct 28, 2006
well they have said it all kudos to you but i'm kinda vexed cos you didn't tell us how much you been paid (lol)
Re: Silverbird's New Site by timmy(m): 3:59pm On Oct 28, 2006
HEHE i like coming in at this parts.

well, lemme start by telling you congratulations for remving that ugly thing they had before.

one thingy yu need to consider is to make this site dynamic, those your html stuffs are really not it, then try to work on your thumbnails, they kinda suck.

the layout is a lil okay but neat, and hence ild give it to you there, but the site is not built around growth and flexiblity.
Re: Silverbird's New Site by deb(m): 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2006
Timmy thanks for your comment.

As regards to growth and flexibilty, we are currently building a content management system
to allow for flexibility of site update.

As you can see the site is still under construction that is why I asked for your opinions.
Your suggestions are being noted and I appreciate you all that have commented so far.

@ krs1

I designed the site with purely Macromedia studios - fireworks, flash and dreamwearver.
Re: Silverbird's New Site by my2cents(m): 6:56pm On Oct 30, 2006
so I am not accused of going into my regular diatribe wink, I will just point out one thing:

On http://www.silverbirdgroup.com/contact.html , you will notice that, most likely because you hv used a boatload of images to implement the site, "something" has caused the broken image, b/w the "contact" and "home, now showing, etc" sections. I am of course viewing the site (as should all web designers/developers grin) in FireFox. In general though, you may want to minimize the use of Images in general. If the site is indeed "under construction", perhaps you shouldn't have your code on the live URL for the world to see. Consider developing locally before porting over.

Granted, 80% of the world or so uses IE, you should at least code for FF1.5.0.7. As at last count at my employers, those using FF to visit our site have gone up from 8% to 15% in one year alone.

Another horrible example of a site not tested for cross-browser compliance is www.akwaibomstategov.com . Everytime I visit the site in FF, my blood pressure goes up a few points cool

I hope this helps.
Re: Silverbird's New Site by deb(m): 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2006
Another good one. wink

I'll appreciate any other observation that has not already been mentioned.

Another horrible example of a site not tested for cross-browser compliance is www.akwaibomstategov.com .   Everytime I visit the site in FF, my blood pressure goes up a few points 
Hmmmmm. can I just quickly say here that it will be injustice to compare my designs
with the Akwa Ibom State website? firefox or no firefox. cheesy wink
Re: Silverbird's New Site by my2cents(m): 6:45pm On Oct 31, 2006
Dude,

I didn't mention the AKS site as an apples-to-apples comparison but as an example to justify why testing in both browsers is absolutely essential for any serious developer/designer cool
Re: Silverbird's New Site by deb(m): 1:39pm On Nov 01, 2006
I have removed the site from public view as suggested.
I want to make all the corrections suggested so far before I put it back.

Thank you all guys wink

(1) (Reply)

Inbox delivery email Sender (perfect money) / Scan News Nigeria Official Website Hacked / Greenmouse Is 5 Years Old- Journey So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.