Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

“more Nigerians Need To Think Like Dangote” – Emefiele - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / “more Nigerians Need To Think Like Dangote” – Emefiele (684 Views)

China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor / Emefiele Predicts Economic Boom For Nigeria In 2018 / Ezekwesili Or Soludo Likely To Be CBN Governor, To Replace Emefiele - Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“more Nigerians Need To Think Like Dangote” – Emefiele by Jengem: 5:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
Central Bank Governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele has called on more Nigerians to be like Alhaji Aliko Dangote, the Chairman of Dangote Group.

The CBN Governor made the call, Sunday, during a working visit to the industrial complex of Dangote Petrochemicals and Refinery Company in Epe, Lagos State.

Alhaji Aliko Dangote led the tour in company of Mr. Femi Otedola and several senior officials of the Dangote Group. Also present was Deputy CBN Governor (Economic Policy), Dr. Sarah Alade.

Addressing members of the press after the tour was finished, the CBN Governor said Nigerians should support Alhaji Aliko Dangote.

He said “Today these 3 projects, we are costing them at about $14 bln, out of which he is contributing about $7 billion. $14 billion is about N2.8 trillion. And I think we must congratulate a man like Aliko Dangote for this very laudable project.

“I have come here to see and to tell Nigerians that we need to support people like Aliko Dangote for what they are doing for Nigeria. This is a time we are talking about diversifying our economy away from oil. Fertilizer output is Ammonia and Urea. The output from the Petrochemicals is Polypropylene and Polyethylene. The output from Refinery are the various final products for the Petroleum sector.

Continuing the CBN governor said when the projects comes on line in 2017 and 2018, Nigeria will enjoy huge foreign exchange savings as 35% to 40% of our import needs will be eliminated.

He projected that by completion, the Dangote Group will be able to sell $6 billion to the CBN on a yearly basis. This computation is based on the value of export products that the Ammonia plant, the Petrochemicals company and Refinery will earn by the time they are all on stream by Q3, 2018.

The CBN Governor said when Dangote first approached the apex bank for support in 2014, he was still an operator, and that the CBN committed to help him on his futuristic vision to develop Nigeria.

Emefiele added, “More Nigerians need to think like Dangote.”

Alhaji Aliko Dangote said the reasons he embarked on this project was to “stop importation, diversify the economy and earn foreign exchange”.

He said today, Dangote Cement does not need foreign exchange as it sourced most of its raw materials from the local environment.

He said the vision for the petrochemicals and refinery was the same, as by the time the plant is operational, it will source its local materials (crude oil and gas) from Nigeria. Noting that the current FX currency requirement was to import equipment.

Dangote added, “Currently, Nigeria imports 100% of its fertilizer needs but by the time we are finished, we will be the biggest exporter in Africa.”

Read more at http://www.theheraldng.com/more-nigerians-need-to-think-like-dangote-emefiele/#Bi2PQFCH22Busk3f.99

Re: “more Nigerians Need To Think Like Dangote” – Emefiele by hungryboy(m): 5:43pm On Jan 10, 2016
I'm inspired,
But truth is that you need money to be the next Dangote, and i have none,

Abeg in case you wish to contribute to my dream, my bank account is always available and am not afraid to use it
Re: “more Nigerians Need To Think Like Dangote” – Emefiele by Pavore9: 6:53pm On Jan 10, 2016
“Currently, Nigeria imports 100% of its fertilizer needs but by the time we are finished, we will be the biggest exporter in Africa.”...Looking forward to this.
Re: “more Nigerians Need To Think Like Dangote” – Emefiele by Jengem: 7:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
Pavore9:
“Currently, Nigeria imports 100% of its fertilizer needs but by the time we are finished, we will be the biggest exporter in Africa.”...Looking forward to this.

Dangote fit do am

FOD, puskin, naijacutee, seun

See thread wey dey motivte Nairalanders shocked

Lets get it cool

to the front kiss
Re: “more Nigerians Need To Think Like Dangote” – Emefiele by Audinowing(m): 3:42am On Jan 11, 2016
Nigeria will be great again.

The devil only tempt those who have enviable future.

What we experience(terrorism, dwindling economy, ethnicism, religious intolerance) today as a nation are mere temptations from the enemy.

I am certain that pretty soon Nigeria will come out stronger and better.

Dangote, may the oil to your wheels of success never spill .
Re: “more Nigerians Need To Think Like Dangote” – Emefiele by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 11, 2016
# I LUV DANGOTE .nigerian extraordinare
Re: “more Nigerians Need To Think Like Dangote” – Emefiele by hyfr(m): 8:04am On Jan 11, 2016
Emifele, you have a point here,also I appreciate dangote for believing in the nigerian dream. However to be able to reason like dangote,you need to be comfortable with yourself,more nigerians are out there suffering under harsh weather conditions, noise,pollutants,with all these the brain is jam packed,but dangote wey dey stay for Air-conditioned room,chop balanced diet come add wine join why hin no go think well.
Re: “more Nigerians Need To Think Like Dangote” – Emefiele by Walexz02(m): 6:42pm On Jan 11, 2016
Wao I Io've that part where he said we would be the biggest exporter of fertilizer in Africa.
Nigeria shall rise again grin

(1) (Reply)

Gtbank Exchange Rate / Establishing Group Of Companies / Circle Of Influence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.