Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,499 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Ghoulish Vibes: Hemingway's Freddy (part A) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ghoulish Vibes: Hemingway's Freddy (part A) (650 Views)

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - The First - Episode 148/overcome The Fear Of Succ / The Lost Song (ghoulish Vibes). / 2 Business Writing Tips From Hemingway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghoulish Vibes: Hemingway's Freddy (part A) by RemenZack(f): 8:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
I want everyone to have a Good night sleep so here is the Part A of my Ghoulish Vibes series. Here you go!

Kendra Sweetening was new to the neighbourhood and its spooky adventures. There were several abandoned buildings scattered everywhere, with dark skies risen upon each of them. Kendra and her son, Nathan were excited to have a freshly baked start in the Town.

The Hemingway Town was in an old woods location, with the deer, the squirrel, the fox and the hound trying to live in Harmony.

It was nearly impossible because Kendra and Nathan would find bloody Squirrels lying dead at the outside of their small house.

Kendra was a widow, who lost her husband of many years and decided to have a peaceful life with her teenage son, Nathan, who had a mild ear infection.

Kendra decided to flee away from her family members to settle down and have quality time with her one and only Son.

Many years ago, Kendra's husband, George Sweetening was killed in a Train accident but his body was never mysteriously found. It was a mystery to all, even to Kendra and Nathan.

Ever since, Nathan grew a mild ear infection, making him an introvert to everything and everyone. He wouldn't talk to anyone for days and eventually for weeks. His Mother was patient with her son, trying to communicate with him, even when he didn't really want to.

Kendra and Nathan used to dwell in Pennsylvania, Cleveland until their drastic move to Hemingway. It seemed like a great idea to her and she was ready to start afresh and stay happy, even with the mystery of her Husband's disappearance on her mind.

It was the first week in the Town and Kendra welcomed an unexpected visitor, her Sister, Brenda. Brenda was the only amiable family member she had and they were closer than ever, even after all that has happened in Kendra's life as a Wife and a Mother.

"Thanks for coming all the way from Philadelphia, Brenda. I truly appreciate it. You really shouldn't have bothered to do so though!" Kendra admonished, offering her Sister a warm cup of tea.
"Of course I had to visit you and my one and only nephew. How's his ear feeling now? Any better?". Brenda's question made Kendra's breath shallow, making her slump into one of the still wrapped Sofas.

"Not any better at all. We still stay faithful to his medication, hoping and praying for all of these to stop soon. But I'm losing hope with that boy, to be honest!" She said warmly, her eyes watered. "Don't be, Sister. You're the strongest and you should stay that way. Don't lose hope!" Brenda stated, her lips quite attached to the brim of the small teacup. They talked about the Town's abandoned Amusement park, its Mail system and Food restaurants.

The Town inhibited only 500 people, so Kendra was almost familiar with everyone and anyone. Only Nathan still wasn't.

Re: Ghoulish Vibes: Hemingway's Freddy (part A) by RemenZack(f): 7:46pm On Jan 13, 2016
The two sisters hugged and kissed each other on the cheek good bye and Brenda was off to Philadelphia. It was time for Brenda to start unpacking and communicating with her Son more. That was all she was truly concerned about.

It took Kendra a lot of days to finish unpacking but when she did, she was proud with her handiwork. Everything was neat and so clean, sparkling clean. It was just the last day of unpacking when Nathan raced out of his stuffy bedroom.

Nathan had the average height for a Fourteen year old. He had spiky short hair and his lips were pale purple. He wore more shorts than trousers and his favourite colour was Black. He always had earphones in his grasp, even though his ear infection was an hindrance to the effectiveness of the blaring Music in his ears.

"Hello big boy. Where are you off to?" Kendra warmly asked, a wet cloth in her hands. Nathan had no idea she was talking to him, making her yell louder. But it was no use. He still didn't hear an audible word.

Kendra then walked closer towards him, startling her little boy slightly. "Are you okay, Nathan?" She asked, her eyes void of emotions. "Yup!" Nathan slightly answered back. She kissed his hair, making his small bright face contorted. He had a Bicycle, the only true gift his Father inherited to him before his sudden and paranormal disappearance.

Kendra was left alone once more to finish unpacking and cleaning. When she was done, she went out and about, to feed her weary eyes and visit her unknown neighbours.

Strangely, it was just a few weeks before October 31st, Halloween and no one looked prepared for the scary occasion. Kendra remembered perfectly how she and George were pumped for the occasion, buying candy and chocolate everyday for the hungry and sweet greedy Children around the neighbourhood.

She was still awe struck in her reverie when a really tall man, her next door neighbour, Mr Sling startled her from his really gaunt apartment. He had a bald head, making his height seem endless. He laughed mischievously but it eventually turned out amusing.

"Welcome to Hemingway!" Mr Sling said, smiling at her, his teeth incomplete and slightly rotten looking.
"Thank you, Mr Sling. How are you preparing for Halloween, by the way". It was as if Kendra's question was offensive to the offensive looking man. His face grew contorted, gaping at Kendra in one of the oddest manners.

"We don't appreciate such here. This is the only godly Town for godly people. No one has the right to ruin it, Mrs Sweetening!" Mr Sling spat. Kendra laughed it out impish and walked far away from the odd and strange man.
Re: Ghoulish Vibes: Hemingway's Freddy (part A) by RemenZack(f): 10:04am On Jan 15, 2016
She took another tour around the neighbourhood and said a peaceful and brief Hi to the other neighbours, who weren't as terrifying as Mr Sling.

"That's just him. I never liked him since day one also. Don't feel too bad, Kenny!" Miss Tara smiled, while admitting her true feelings for Mr Sling. She offered Kendra a cup of tea, as if tea was the main drink for everyone in Hemingway. Kendra was getting accustomed to Tara's inappropriate and too silly statements when a lean looking girl, with really dark eyes joined them.

She looked like a Teenager but she didn't even talk like one. She talked briefly with Tara and ran back to her hiding place inside the hot and smoky Apartment.

"Who was that?" Kendra asked and Tara was bewildered about something, probably why Kendra asked such a personal question.

"That was my niece. I adopted her a few months ago. Her name is Bella and when she was a little girl, she lost her parents, their bodies were never found. She's such a sad child."
"Is that so? My husband died years ago too and his body was never found. We tried all that we could but it wasn't just possible so I stopped trying moved here for a fresh start!" Kendra narrated. "That is good, Kenny!" Tara quickly added. She tried to offer Kendra a plate of gingerbread but Kendra kindly rebuffed the offer.

She immediately went back to her Apartment and Nathan still wasn't back yet. She wasn't worried or frightened. A little exposure was all her Son deserved. He stopped going to School a lot of years ago, after being severely bullied in his old School. He was a sad child too but he just didn't have dark eyes, the way Bella had them. He looked happy sometimes but she knew deep, deep down, he truly wasn't.

Kendra quickly prepared a Broth, waiting for her Son to return to her. He did a few minutes after 4pm. He looked exhausted and still the same. She said Hi and he just simply waved. She dished out the meal of Broth into his favourite China ware and Nathan ate quickly and silently, before returning to his bedroom.

When Kendra was handling the dishes, Mr Sling knocked on her hard door and she took a while to answer it. He wore a top hat and raised it above his bald head, bowing vaguely to Kendra when she opened the door to see his face.
"Here's an invitation to you, Mrs Sweetening. This is my first Halloween invitation to you. You're invited to my Halloween party!" Mr Sling stated, smiling that odd way once again.
"But you said this place was too godly for such. So what do you mean?" Kendra asked boldly, her arms akimbo on her tiny waist.

"Well, this was unexpected. You're invited and you just can't say no. You've to be there!"
"A party? What party?" A voice from behind startled them both. It was Nathan's and his eyes shone in excitement.
Re: Ghoulish Vibes: Hemingway's Freddy (part A) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2016
Please finish this.

1 Like

Re: Ghoulish Vibes: Hemingway's Freddy (part A) by RemenZack(f): 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2016
He grabbed the invitation card and torn it wide open, skimming and scanning it at the same time.

"It's an Halloween party, Nathan. But unfortunately, we can't be there! Mr Sling told me earlier that Halloween was only for the ungodly!" Kendra fought back with her words, her eyes rolled to the back of her head in anger.

"But it was um- unexpected. You've to come. I won't take no for an answer!". Mr Sling departed from their presence after a brief stutter and Nathan was returning to his room when his Mother stopped him.

"How did you hear I and Mr Sling's conversation so clearly earlier? How's your ear truly feeling, boy?". Nathan tried to shy away from her question but she held him back.
"I've to go now, Mom. I'm tired and I need to rest!" Nathan softly ordered. When she noticed she was holding unto Nathan's shirt too hard, she let him go like a bird out of its cage and off he went, to his shell of a room.

Kendra was getting more and more accustomed to her new neighbourhood, her new life in Hemingway but she wasn't used to the new life she had with her Son. He claimed to be alright but he only grew more and more distant. Kendra grew a skin of familiarity on Tara, as she would spend most of her hours after her day at work at the Publishing company.

"Maybe he should have more friends. He has never been that kind of boy but he deserves to be around more people his age!" Kendra confirmed in words, as she looked impassive and vapid.

"You're right. Bella needs that kind of exposure as well. She used to be quite a happy child when she discovered she had no parents but when her adopted parents passed away too, she suddenly became-". Tara was out of words, making her have a sip from her glass of diet Coke drink.

"Dark? Out of league? Odd?" "Exactly!" Tara added, nodding vigorously and smiling impish, after Kendra said the exact missing words in her previous statement. A few minutes later and Bella joined them. She was in a pink sweater and her hair was neatly in French Braid. She sat right next to Kendra and she suddenly felt she could read Bella like a book but it seemed difficult and almost impossible.
Re: Ghoulish Vibes: Hemingway's Freddy (part A) by RemenZack(f): 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2016
Bella and Nathan eventually grew friends, a very special bond, all thanks to Tara. She liked the idea of both teenagers becoming a pair of really good friends. Bella was multi-talented and she was responsible for every of Nathan's sincere smile.

She was a painter, a really good singer and she could do almost every fun thing every boy loved doing. She was a delight to Nathan's eyes.

One evening at the abandoned lake in the Town, Nathan was playing with Bella's notepad of many drawings and paintings when a deep conversation brewed.

"So, what was your dead father like?" Bella asked, trying to get water into her pale hands. Nathan was mute for a while, making Bella recall Nathan was still unable to hear perfectly well. She grabbed a sheet of paper and wrote her question on them, while Nathan would answer them orally.

"I don't know. He really isn't dead to me though. He just disappeared when I was 5 and that is a lot of years ago! I don't like talking about it, Bella!" Nathan's oral skills were poor, making his speech almost a joke to the ear.

"Okay. Well, my birth parents were stupid. They died because they deserved to die. I wished they died a more painful death!" Bella spat, her eyes void of emotions. Nathan's face was impassive as he cringed in fear and terror.

"Bella!" He said frantically.
"It's true. My other adoption Parents were even worse than my birth Parents. They would call me a witch and cut my hair several times. I love my hair. It's really, really pretty!"

"Bella!" Nathan screamed out loud, making a few birds flee. Bella was shocked momentarily when she heard Nathan's sudden scream. She walked closer to him, taking him by the Shirt and yanking him several times.

Nathan was so scared and fled far away from Bella and her horror tales. For days, he never spoke to Bella or took a peek of her figure. He grew more and more distant and stopped talking once again. He kept the really dark secret of Bella's hidden and dark side to himself, making his Mother and Tara wonder greatly what might have happened between both Children.
Re: Ghoulish Vibes: Hemingway's Freddy (part A) by RemenZack(f): 12:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
Laolu09:
Please finish this.
More has been renewed and posted. Sorry for the delay and keep reading.
Re: Ghoulish Vibes: Hemingway's Freddy (part A) by RemenZack(f): 1:56pm On Jan 19, 2016
Kendra was shocked greatly when Nathan admitted he would like to get back to School. He had missed out on a lot in Life, because of mean Bullies at his old School but he claimed to be better and stronger to face any of them now.

Kendra felt he wasn't but he was persistent, making her give in. Kendra immediately told Tara about the good news and Tara told Bella about it as well.

The news was bubbling in Kendra's system as she was excited and truly proud of her Son.

His first three days at the Hemingway Community School was free of bad reports. It was a good sign, making Kendra totally relaxed. Bella stopped School a lot of years ago as well but Tara persuaded her to begin Schooling, just like Nathan and it worked.

Nathan was shocked when he met Bella on her first day of School as she was dressed in the most beautiful manner. A lot of boys at School made fun of Bella's legs, calling them, Skinny drumsticks legs. It was quite offensive to Bella and Nathan, making Nathan punch one of them squarely in the face.

Bella and Nathan grew friends once again and all of their bad blood occurrences were soon forgotten. Nathan asked Bella out to be his girlfriend and she proudly said Yes.

Kendra and Tara had no idea about the pair's romantic relationship, as both ladies were busy planning their Costumes for the Halloween party.

"I've killer hips and a sleek figure. Maybe I should dress up like Tinkerbell!" Tara said, flitting to and fro around the spacious room.
"And I have none. I should be Tinkerbell's wings then!". Both ladies roared in laughter, watering their eyes in amusement, all because of Kendra's outrageous statement.

They went on with their plan, before heading out for a Shopping spree.
Re: Ghoulish Vibes: Hemingway's Freddy (part A) by RemenZack(f): 9:44am On Jan 20, 2016
On their way, they met Mr Sling and his daughter, Shiloh. Her eyes were bright and full of gaiety, while Mr Sling was the same old Mr Sling, his surly look annoying and belly crunching.

"Hello there, ladies. Shopping for Halloween?" Mr Sling questioned, his teeth colour a major distraction.

"You're right. What about you, Shiloh?" Tara asked, her dislike for Mr Sling vivid.

"Sure, Ma'am. I will be dressed up as a Pumpkin. My dad still thinks Halloween is ungodly so I've to dress to impress!" Shiloh replied. She was such a sweet girl, making Kendra smile for minutes.

"I wish I had a kid like Shiloh!" Kendra admitted as they rode back home, after series and tons of Shopping moments between she and Tara.

"At least you've a Kid and I've none. You shouldn't be complaining". Tara's clipped statement made Kendra's mouth tight shut for the rest of the journey, her mind focused on her Son.

The Halloween night came and it was almost gone. The party was hosted by Mr Sling, his Apartment the venue of the party. Everyone was dressed up scary while a few dressed up silly and unrecognisable.

Mr Sling was dressed up as Slender Man and Shiloh was dressed up like a really cute Pumpkin. Tara and Kendra kept to their words, dressing up like Tinkerbell and Tinkerbell's wing.

Nathan was dressed in a Sweater and so was Bella. They held hands and eventually kissed for the first time. It was amazing for them both.

When Bella decided to let go of her Boyfriend's hand and go to the rest room alone, even after Nathan persuaded her for him to be with her, a bunch of awry looking Boys attacked her, yanking her arm and laughing as they did so.

Nathan's instinct caught up with them and he dealt with them perfectly well. He punched each and every one of them in their faces and broke an arm of the fattest looking Boy in the gang.

They ran far away as the Fat Kid cried out for help.

"Nathan! Thank you for saving my life. Thank you so much. I love you!" Bella confessed in vitality but Nathan grabbed her by the neck and almost throttled her.

His eyes were green and different. The colour of his sweater was also different, having a shade of Green and Red, very identical to that of Freddy Kruger's.

"My name is Freddy!" The new and mystique voice of Nathan revealed. He took unconscious Bella in his arms and fled to the nearest graveyard in the darkest hour of the night.
Re: Ghoulish Vibes: Hemingway's Freddy (part A) by RemenZack(f): 8:59pm On Jan 21, 2016
He took Bella to the deepest part of the yard, digging a perfect grave for Bella. Unknown to him, Bella was still very much alive and active to attack him.

She took time to get up and hit Nathan with a thick rock at the back of his head. Nathan jerked and fell forward, his face flat to the ground.

Bella screamed for help but it was too quiet and dark for anyone to recognise her. She screamed some more and then, Nathan was on his feet again, throttling her once more, but this time to kill her for good.

"Nathan, please!" She begged in small tears.

"I'm Freddy Kruger! I'm not Nathan. I shall kill you now!" Nathan laughed, his new set of teeth out like a sword from its sheath to feed on Bella's pale flesh.

There was a booming gunshot and its bullets hit Nathan several times. He screamed and the bullet hit him yet again, making him land in the already dug grave.

Bella managed to scream and run but the unknown figure grabbed her and held her in his arms. Bella fainted yet again.

Bella woke up to a bright new day with Mr Sling, Shiloh, Tara and Kendra all by her side at the Hemingway Hospital and Clinic.

Her head was bleeding and her neck hurt terribly. She tried to talk but Tara told her not to, but to rest and get some more sleep. Kendra was in tears as she slowly walked out of their presence and reunited with George outside, who was injured as well but refused to get any treatment.

"I'm so glad you did this for the poor girl but I will hate you forever for killing our Son, George. He was possessed by a Freddy Kruger demon but you still decided to kill him. How could you?" Kendra questioned, breaking down in tears. George was mute for minutes before walking far away and eventually out of the Hospital.

Tara joined Kendra in the hallway as both friends wept in turns.
Re: Ghoulish Vibes: Hemingway's Freddy (part A) by RemenZack(f): 5:39am On Jan 22, 2016
A few months passed and Kendra was wrapped in her favourite and cosy blanket when she turned on the Tv to watch the news.

Allegedly, George had committed Suicide by running into a moving Train. He was previously arrested and incarcerated for admitting to be responsible for the murder of the death of victims in a Train many years ago.

He also claimed to have been possessed by a Freddy Kruger demon, making him responsible for the murder of everyone on that Train.

He chose to disappear after the incident because he wasn't ready to turn himself in until he had to kill his own Son, who would also be possessed by the same demon.

It was explained by the Police Authorities that the Freddy Kruger demon lived in every of the descendants of George, making it a part of Nathan as well, before he was killed by his own Father.

It was a long time for Bella to adapt to the fact that Nathan was Freddy and Freddy was actually Nathan and both of them were gone forever.

She was forced to move on and eventually got adopted by her new Taiwan family. She tried to be happy, working daily, not because she needed money but because she wanted to take things off her distracted mind.

She deserved to get the horror tale about the mysterious deaths of both her Birth and first Adoption Parents out of her head for good.

As for Kendra, she chose to reunite with her immediate family once again, before attending George's memorial and then fleeing to New Mexico for another fresh and new start.

She found immediate closure after sniffing and holding unto Nathan's Green and Red sweater, that he owned as a Baby, another inheritance from his Father.

She kept it for so long and she didn't lay her eyes on it until now.

Many would say if you ever saw her, you could feel her deepest pains and fears. She would go extinct if anyone recognised her as the Mother of Nathan and Wife of George Sweetening.

(1) (Reply)

Get Instant Personal Loan / Love Story / Ruth And Naomi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.