Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

What Is The Definition Of Success? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Definition Of Success? (741 Views)

Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success / Take A Look: Who Has A Better Definition Of Marriage? / The Definition Of A True Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Definition Of Success? by acorntree(m): 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2016
Most people set goals and when they achieve those goals they think two things: “Wow, I’m successful!” and then…”Wait a second. I want more!”
We have been, as a society, brainwashed into thinking that the trappings of success (money, fame, promotions at a job) will get us to happiness. We’ve been conditioned and then enslaved by the slave masters of flesh, bank accounts, vanity, and the futility of thinking we can change things, we can find a path that will fill the emptiness inside.
Some years back while still in secondary school ,I believe that going to a university means I'm successful but now that I've achieved that I don't see it as a success. when I bought my first car I believed I'm on top of the world but now it doesn't thrill me again. So many things I've achieved in this life which I later seen as being not a success. what's the real meaning of success?
Re: What Is The Definition Of Success? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 12, 2016
It means happiness, fulfillment

1 Like

Re: What Is The Definition Of Success? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
Success is something you wanted to achieve and did so your university degree is a success. Whether you value it now or not does not make it any less of an achievement. It is the most natural thing in the world to want more and more. Just because you have eaten today, doesn't mean you won't be hungry again tomorrow.
Re: What Is The Definition Of Success? by Olasco93: 4:36am On Jan 13, 2016
@ acorntree, and Co,
…This is the word of the LORD unto
Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by
power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of
hosts (Zechariah 4:6).

There’re people who try so hard to succeed through their own might and
natural wisdom; they are erudite; they’ve
been schooled, yet true success eludes them. This is because they function from
the mind, the sense-realm, which at its best, is grossly limited. The mind is never
enough; true success is by the Spirit, God's Spirit.
The world may describe you as a “mighty
brain”, one of the world’s intelligentsias,
it makes no difference. The wisdom of this world profits nothing. Success isn’t by might, nor by power, but by the Spirit of God. If you’ve been trying to succeed by your own power or ability, it’s time to quit the struggle. If you’ve been trying to Achieve your set-goals even the one you've been setting and failing or the one you just set for the year (New Year Resolutions) with your own human wisdom and principles, it’s time to rely on the strategies of God and His wisdom to guide you. 2 Corinthians 3:5 says, “Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God.”
Our competence, the ability, wisdom, and knowledge by which we function are of God; therefore, don’t trust in your physical strength or natural intelligence.Trust the Lord. How are you going to grow in knowledge, acedemics even in your health life as a person? How are you going to multiply your finances? How are you going to build that business? The Lord says, “It’s by my Spirit!”.
Success is by the Holy Ghost. You’d become a mystery to others, and a wonder to your generation, as you walk
with the Spirit and allow Him guide youin
your affairs. Take God's word serious and follow His Plan. If you want to go past religion; if you want to know the reality of the Kingdom of God, and the reality of the glory of God, you’ve got to know and relate with the Holy Spirit as a person. He’s the key to extraordinary success.
Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain (1 Corinthians
9:24).

To be successful means living the victorious life through God’s Word. It also
means to achieve God’s desired goals for
your life. You ought not to measure your
success by comparing yourself with
someone else, because you may not know God’s plan for that person’s life. Don’t
think you’re failing just because someone
else is “succeeding.” God doesn’t define
success that way.
Success is relative, and we’re all at different stages in life. Between you and God, you can know whether you’re successful or not. God measures your success by how much you’re able to accomplish of the things He’s planned for you to do, at different phases of your life.
You can look at your life today, even now,
and tell whether you’re a success, at this
phase of your life. God’s dream is for you to heap success upon success. If you’re successful now, He can count on you for more, and entrust you with an even higher level of success tomorrow.
Therefore, measure your success at each point in your life by comparing your performance or accomplishments with the goals you set to achieve at the beginning.
You can be a success at a certain level and then the goal broadens, the challenges are increased, and the dyke is raised. When you overcome the challenges and attain those new goals, you become a success again at that new level. It goes on that way from one level of glory to another.
Remember, 'True Succes can only be seen in God' outside God, it's as grass and i guess you know how the grass plant fare.
Goodluck!

(1) (Reply)

Seven Reasons Why It's Essential Children Spend Time With Their Fathers / Who Remember's This?... Funny Pix / Essence Of Mother's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.