Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,079 members, 7,821,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Are Beauty Pageants Good Or Bad? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Are Beauty Pageants Good Or Bad? (496 Views)

Top 5 Most Productive Beauty Pageants In Abuja / Pageanthive.com - A Free Platform For Managing Voting For Beauty Pageants. / 36 Shocking Reasons Why Some Pageants, Beauty Queens Are Less Regarded By People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Beauty Pageants Good Or Bad? by africanqueen16(f): 12:27am On Jan 13, 2016
Beauty Pageants have been round for ages and will not be disappearing anytime soon. People have different views on Beauty Pageants. Some think that they empower women and build confidence while others think they demean women. Before we judge, let us think of Beauty Pageants globally and not just the African version of it. Personally, I do not believe that beauty contests are harmful to women, as long as they encourage them to be goal oriented and be positive role models .Many people think that beauty contests only judge physical appearances, but that is only part of it. These contests also require the girls to demonstrate their talents. knowledge on current affairs, compassion and the ability to lead and execute a charity project. Many beauty pageant contestants have gone on to bigger and better things, such as Cloris Leachman, Agbani Darego, Mary Ann Mobley and Vanessa Williams.

What is your view on this. Please comment!

1 Like

Re: Are Beauty Pageants Good Or Bad? by ayindepremier: 12:40am On Jan 13, 2016
Ask Darego!
Re: Are Beauty Pageants Good Or Bad? by deewhone(f): 5:46am On Jan 13, 2016
Well, whatever rocks ma boat might sink another's. Personally, I see nothing wrong in contesting in a beauty pageant, I'm a big fan of it cuz it allows for showcasing of talent where you get several contracts and lots of advantages that goes along with it.
Re: Are Beauty Pageants Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 13, 2016
Personally I think its a good idea but nowadays the way it is being handled. The main purpose is being thrown away.

1 Like

Re: Are Beauty Pageants Good Or Bad? by K9blunt(f): 12:05am On Jan 14, 2016
Beauty pageant is good but like krystalker said the purpose now is been miss placed.

(1) (Reply)

Get Bulk Promotional Fitness Apparel From Oasis Promotional / Footwears / Let Players Play In Style With Alanic Clothing's Black And Red Basketball Shorts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.