Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,098 members, 7,953,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:48 PM

Limitations Of Infidelity Deities - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Limitations Of Infidelity Deities (1459 Views)

African Gods: IGBO DEITIES / Highlighting Two Igbo Deities And Their Significance To Their Followers (Pics) / Queen Okwukwe Nwoko Ejected From Palace Over Allegation Of Infidelity(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Limitations Of Infidelity Deities by Betti001(f): 8:35am On Jan 13, 2016
Hello House, my little friend is on my neck. She is working on her final year project, and wants to know the limitations of deities or cultural practices used in checking infidelities in our culture. They go by different names, but popular ones are Thunderbolt, Magun, Ekpo Nka Owo etc.

The questions are:

Do these deities act or are they effective on all forms of cheating such as Mouth Gig, MouthAction without penetration, fingering, kissing or mutual masturbations?

Do they work only when there is penetration? At least we all know any gesture that is reserved for the partner when performed on another person is cheating, but do these deities recognize these new concepts?

What is really the essence of these deities, to catch cheating partners or to punish (mostly kill) them?

She will so much appreciate your contributions. It is purely academic work and Nairaland.com will be acknowledged.

1 Like

Re: Limitations Of Infidelity Deities by Betti001(f): 4:51pm On Jan 13, 2016
Ladies and Gentlemen, no one to help out?

Where are the culture gurus?

Pls kindly help out!
Re: Limitations Of Infidelity Deities by NwaIkenga(m): 8:02pm On Jan 15, 2016
From my understanding, its not really deities per-say, but the use of specific medicines/charms at work. And I've only heard of ones that require penetration to work.
Re: Limitations Of Infidelity Deities by Betti001(f): 9:29pm On Jan 15, 2016
NwaIkenga:
From my understanding, its not really deities per-say, but the use of specific medicines/charms at work. And I've only heard of ones that require penetration to work.

Thank you sir.

Some are deities. Especially the Ekpo nka owo in Akwa Ibom, the husband or head of the husband family enchant abi pour libation for those deities.

From you signature, are you Igbo? Similar things are found in Arochuckwu area, right?

More contributions please.
Re: Limitations Of Infidelity Deities by NwaIkenga(m): 10:30pm On Jan 15, 2016
Betti001:

Thank you sir.

Some are deities. Especially the Ekpo nka owo in Akwa Ibom, the husband or head of the husband family enchant abi pour libation for those deities.

From you signature, are you Igbo? Similar things are found in Arochuckwu area, right?

More contributions please.

Yes! But I honestly don't know much about them. But I'll check my resources and see what I can find.
Re: Limitations Of Infidelity Deities by Betti001(f): 12:22pm On Jan 16, 2016
NwaIkenga:

Yes! But I honestly don't know much about them. But I'll check my resources and see what I can find.

I dey wait Sir.
Re: Limitations Of Infidelity Deities by Curiouscity(m): 8:16am On Jan 28, 2016
Hmmm

This kind assignment abi project, what is the usefulness abi just academic gymnastics?

IMO, this things (abi juju) should catch both couples if they cheat, not only women.

(1) (Reply)

Are our Nigerian languages dying? / - / Couples Gone Wild

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.