Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,434 members, 7,836,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Technological Advancement. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Technological Advancement. (428 Views)

Top Nigerian Technological Companies To Look Out For In 2017 / Etisalat Introduces New VOICE CV Technological Service For Job Seekers. / Technological Innovations By Smartphone Manufacturers Over The Past Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Technological Advancement. by otunbabadok(m): 5:17pm On Jan 13, 2016
I like how technology has really advanced us in sharing wonderful moments with our loved ones, first the sharing were done with phones, with stuffs like infrared, Bluetooth, wi Fi, hotknot and some still waiting to be discovered. With infrared you have to give yourself the stress of putting the phone close to each other, then it was the turn of Bluetooth which can be used in a touching distance sometimes less than or equal to 100meters depending on how good the gadgets are, but then this sharing can't go more than you and your friend at a time, unless Mr A gives B and B gives C, and it continues like that. You know that it is stressful and takes number of days before it reaches a significant number of interested friends or users. So also is sharing with the wireless which can be done for few people at a time to better what obtains in Bluetooth.
But then the development of mobile internet on mobile device really helped in the evolution of social media, we now have sharing sites and application such as twitter, facebook, whatsapp, imo, and so on. Where users can reach a whole lots of people in few seconds especially Facebook and Twitter you can reach million of people at a time, even without being on your list. You said wow what a great connection! This list of those Sharing sites and application continues not forgetting Instagram and YouTube where you can see videos of happenings around the world and you can also share yours.
We're also in the era of selfies, crazy stuffs, before, you hardly see a phone with camera facility, talk less of having front and back. The sily pictures we shared then were downloaded and sent through infrared, funny days. Then came phones with back camera of small megal pixels, we were glad, as a snap like this shows the person behind the camera, those were the days of sharing jpg, jpeg and gif files. Old days you said. But now the advancement again is felt in camera, we now have front and back camera of whooping sizes of mega pixels. With phone manufacturers now competing for customers likes of TecYes, sorry Tecno, infinix(formally sagem), Gionee(who born am), huawei(good brand though) and so on. Where were this when we were using Nokia phones with antenna, sagem, bird, Samsung, Alcatel, and so on. Life, yes life. They have even developed selfie sticks, to make the snapping easy. We no more have yam like hand attached to a pretty or ugly face.
After the snapping people are quick to share on the social media while tagging it with funny caption to catch peoples attention and draw praise or funny comments. Tags like, beautiful me!, I was beautiful, yesterday, today and I will forever be. What of posts like chilling in the jacuzzi? A day out with the musical legend. All sorts. There is only one thing I'M EXPECTING THE TECHNOLOGY THAT WILL ALLOW YOU DO THIS INSIDE YOUR GRAVE, and share a POST LIKE "CHILLING WITH !R DEATH IN MY GRAVE" BEWARE, BE WARNED. You will give account one day in front of your creator. Technological palava, it had benefits but more evils. May our souls be saved.

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Technological Advancement. by daphid25(m): 10:17pm On Jan 13, 2016
What's up with this copy and paste stuff everywhere

(1) (Reply)

Apple Is Testing Li-Fi On Iphones- Technology 100 Times Faster Than Wi-Fi / MTN Not Giving Up, Hires Former US Attorney-general To Sort $3.9bn Fine. / Facebook Has Secret Game Hidden On Its Website, And This Is How To Find It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.