Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,980 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Outstanding Nigerians: Submit Your Nominations - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Outstanding Nigerians: Submit Your Nominations (4191 Views)

Submit Your CV Nationwide (important / Nominations For Moderator Of The Year 2012 / Submit Your Happiness Tip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outstanding Nigerians: Submit Your Nominations by demmy(m): 6:26pm On Dec 01, 2005
I nominate Tai Solarin.
Re: Outstanding Nigerians: Submit Your Nominations by Desola(f): 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2005
Genevieve Nnaji
Re: Outstanding Nigerians: Submit Your Nominations by razor(m): 6:03pm On Dec 02, 2005
Isn't anyone going to nominate OBJ?
Re: Outstanding Nigerians: Submit Your Nominations by rasheedah: 10:11am On Dec 05, 2005
i nominateChimamanda Ngozi adichie who is only 26 years old and has been nominated for the booker prize and shortlisted for the orange prize in literary works...i mean that is just too cool...she is making africans proud,more precisely nigerians,even more precisely nigerian women ....big ups to her and more grease to her elbow.for more info on her book the purple hibiscus try this link http://www.nigeriavillagesquare1.com/purplehibiscus.html
Re: Outstanding Nigerians: Submit Your Nominations by Ibukunolu: 10:26pm On Dec 09, 2005
Dear all

My name is Ibukunoluwa Adebayo (There's two Ibukun Adebayo's in London - hence the full 'Ibukunoluwa' - smile!).

I'd like to say three things - firstly, one person happened to nominate me for this award apparently but I don't believe the award should be for 'job title' or personal achievements. I would like, at the end of my life, to be nominated for an award (or at least recognised) for my impact on humanity rather than my job title, or educational achievements - based on this, I'm definitely not ripe to be nominated yet (smile again!).

Secondly, about Lord Victor Adebowale . (my boss), now he is one person whom I believe should win this award if it's down to impact upon humanity. The man has committed his life to campaigning for social care support for people (particularly black and 'ethnic minority' people) in the UK, and he works tirelessly to bring such people's interests and needs to the notice of the UK government, and indeed around the world.

Finally, Turning Point is a social care organisation which provides social care to people living with mental health, alcohol, drugs, and learning disabilities issues (this is in response to the person that requested more information about the organisation).

Based on the above, if my vote counts, I would nominate Lord Adebowale first and then every Nigerian that is currently living back home trusting that one day all would turn out well in our country.

Ibukunoluwa Adebayo
Re: Outstanding Nigerians: Submit Your Nominations by larger20(m): 11:46pm On Dec 09, 2005
Most of these great names are the igbos..give u nigeria..we will make it better tongue
Re: Outstanding Nigerians: Submit Your Nominations by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 05, 2006
Re: Outstanding Nigerians: Submit Your Nominations by youngies(m): 2:38am On Jul 24, 2006
Prof. Dora Akuyili - the amazon of the nigeria drug war
Nuhu Ribadu - the fearless anti corruption warlord

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hot Gist 4 Rich Nigerian Girls / Are There Really French Students Among Us (I School In France) / Mtn Whatsapp Cheat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.