Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,562 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Tourist Gets Bitten On The Face Trying To Kiss A Snake - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tourist Gets Bitten On The Face Trying To Kiss A Snake (905 Views)

I Trapped A Snake With My Car Tyres / Man Gets Bitten By Snake While Trying To Snap Selfie / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tourist Gets Bitten On The Face Trying To Kiss A Snake by JoelNkantaBlog: 9:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
A CHINESE tourist in Thailand was left screaming in terror after a snake bit her face in shocking video.
The woman was attempting to kiss the 8 foot long python when the scaly serpent sudden lashed out and sank its fangs into her.
The crowd at the show in the popular tourist island of Phuket can be heard shrieking in horror as reptile latches onto the distraught woman’s face.
The shows organiser, Sarawut Toompo, has blamed the tourist, Jin Jing, 29, for the incident, claiming: "I had just finished the demonstration and was arranging for tourists to have their picture taken with the snake when suddenly she tried to kiss it without warning me in advance.
"The snake was just trying to defend itself, it thought the woman was going to bite him so he bit first."
He said that even if she had asked, he would not have allowed it as it was not company policy to let tourists kiss snakes, adding: "I have never had a snake bite anyone for this."
Footage of the incident went viral around the world prompting local officials to announce an investigation.
Now the owner of the snake is being prosecuted for illegal possession of a protected species.
After police looked into the incident they found that the snake was being illegally detained.
Songchai Thongboonyang, of the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation’s Protected Area Office, explained: "We inspected the company’s documents and discovered that the owner of the snake, Pairoj Thiprod, 47, had recently purchased the reptile from a farm in Bangkok and had yet to register the protected species."
Mr Pairoj was taken to the Chalong Police Station and charged for the illegal possession of a protected wild animal, which carries a penalty of up to a 40,000 baht fine (£763), four years in prison or both.
Mr Songchai confirmed that though the company (Click on the link below to read more)
<[url: http://www.primeviewsng.com]>

Re: Tourist Gets Bitten On The Face Trying To Kiss A Snake by deewhone(f): 9:45pm On Jan 13, 2016
Weird!
Re: Tourist Gets Bitten On The Face Trying To Kiss A Snake by pheyikemi: 9:50pm On Jan 13, 2016
U sure say the tourist well for head. Like seriously? Wetin she see for snake wey she wan kiss? At least the snake too na real loverboy, it reciprocated the kiss cheesy
Re: Tourist Gets Bitten On The Face Trying To Kiss A Snake by EkeBarry(m): 9:58pm On Jan 13, 2016
Weird!
Re: Tourist Gets Bitten On The Face Trying To Kiss A Snake by overdrive(m): 10:09pm On Jan 13, 2016
pheyikemi:
U sure say the tourist well for head. Like seriously? Wetin she see for snake wey she wan kiss? At least the snake too na real loverboy, it reciprocated the kiss cheesy

I wonder!
Re: Tourist Gets Bitten On The Face Trying To Kiss A Snake by WelconnectTrav1(m): 11:00pm On Jan 13, 2016
E don happen!

This also might be a lesson to tourist who don't like heeding to tour guide's instruction
Re: Tourist Gets Bitten On The Face Trying To Kiss A Snake by Blackkie: 11:03pm On Jan 13, 2016
She must be mad!
Re: Tourist Gets Bitten On The Face Trying To Kiss A Snake by asadike(f): 11:51pm On Jan 13, 2016
So python can bite? person wey wan kiss python, e resemble man for your face? oyibo people sabi mumu well well, they say d snake is in illegal detention. lol.

1 Like

Re: Tourist Gets Bitten On The Face Trying To Kiss A Snake by iPrevail(m): 12:44am On Jan 14, 2016
Good! Really good!! At least her level of foolishness will now reduce by 50%.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

20 Most And Least Corrupt Countries Around The World / Information About Mohawk College / How Do I Buy A Gift For A Friend Of Mine In U.k,though I Reside In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.