Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

NATURALISTERS: How To Care For Your Hair Without Emptying Your Pocket. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / NATURALISTERS: How To Care For Your Hair Without Emptying Your Pocket. (2559 Views)

How To Transition To Natural Hair Without The Big Chop / When You Are Almost Bald & Your Hairstylist Performs Magic On Your Hair (photo) / See My Wedding Hairstyle On My Own Hair Without Extensions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NATURALISTERS: How To Care For Your Hair Without Emptying Your Pocket. by K9blunt(f): 12:50am On Jan 14, 2016
I have locks for hair and I have been locked for 4years plus. There has been people thinking I spend too much money on my hair as I was always experimenting in one way or the other but I usually disclaimed them wrong.
But in a way they were right. So now I have come up with a routine that helps my hair and doesn't break my bank account (which is still 0.79k......lol)

I got these items
Emily millionaire hair cream (medium) - 200
Black soap (ose dudu) - 100
Shea butter - 100
Olive oil - 250
Glycerine - 100
Honey - 500
Hair booster herbal - 200

Total - 1,450.

Here's how I use them
1- pre-condition: i first apply emily millionair to my hair for 30minutes to 1hour for it to precondition my hair.
Emily is a nice natural hair cream that consist of Shea butter, coconut oil, herbs, and other oils. But because of the smell which can be annoying to the nose and the fact that it detangles my hair making it look unkept prefer using it as a preconditioner, and it works nicely for me

2 -for washing:
I use black soap as my shampoo. After rinsing off the pre-conditioner off my hair I apply black soap (in liquid form) then I lather my hair scrubbing vigorously (beauty of ose dudu) then I rinse my hair thoroughly. Remember black soap is a natural soap that has not been chemically processed and it is harsh on dirt but it won't strip your hair of its natural oils.

3 - additional conditioning:
Next I apply my ijebu homemade conditioner mixed with olive oil, glycerine, honey, water and black soap. (I had mixed them before entering bathroom o) I apply these mixtures on my hair and massage for 20 seconds then I leave the hair for 10minutes then I rinse off. I had to put black soap (very little quantity) so that it washes off excess oils after conditioning.

4 - my home made hair cream:
now after the orishi rishi washing and conditioning and towel drying, my hair cream is made up of a couple of mixtures (as per double benefits for a broke ass chick. lol)
I mix the herbal hair booster cream and some quantity of Shea butter together mixing them thoroughly then I apply to my hair massaging it properly to my scalp and down the to the tip of my hair. I make sure I apply my hair cream twice a week.

now am good to go.

NOTE:
* No am not a hair expert.
* yes am a naturalister in dreadlocks.
* no I don't bother washing more than twice a month and as a natural clean babe my hair doesn't stink.
* yes I get compliments than my fragile head can squeeze in.
* no I don't let false criticism get to me, its not my fault your girlfriend prefers to run your bank red on Peruvian hair, neither is it my fault that you feel jealous that you can't give up your Brazilian hair to go natural because of the long time.

5 Likes

Re: NATURALISTERS: How To Care For Your Hair Without Emptying Your Pocket. by Ibroboss(m): 1:22am On Jan 14, 2016
Can I apply it to my armpit hair? grin
Re: NATURALISTERS: How To Care For Your Hair Without Emptying Your Pocket. by fpeter(f): 10:05am On Jan 14, 2016
Hello OP, I am a naturalista grin
what kind of glycerine do you use?
Re: NATURALISTERS: How To Care For Your Hair Without Emptying Your Pocket. by K9blunt(f): 10:27am On Jan 14, 2016
fpeter:
Hello OP, I am a naturalista grin
what kind of glycerine do you use?
The one that is meant for skin, you can find it in a pharmacy store and market around you

1 Like

Re: NATURALISTERS: How To Care For Your Hair Without Emptying Your Pocket. by K9blunt(f): 10:29am On Jan 14, 2016
Ibroboss:

Of course ,

You be okorookoro grin
Re: NATURALISTERS: How To Care For Your Hair Without Emptying Your Pocket. by K9blunt(f): 10:29am On Jan 14, 2016
Ibroboss:

Of course ,

You be okoro grin
Re: NATURALISTERS: How To Care For Your Hair Without Emptying Your Pocket. by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
Well done poster for caring for your natural hair. All these products won't work for me sha.
All I want is a soft and stress free hair. I'm still studying my hair strands to know how to care for them better.
Re: NATURALISTERS: How To Care For Your Hair Without Emptying Your Pocket. by K9blunt(f): 3:29pm On Jan 14, 2016
ferhyntorlah:
Well done poster for caring for your natural hair.
All these products won't work for me sha.

All I want is a soft and stress free hair.
I'm still studying my hair strands to know how to care for them better.
That is a nice approach.
Re: NATURALISTERS: How To Care For Your Hair Without Emptying Your Pocket. by fpeter(f): 4:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
K9blunt:

The one that is meant for skin, you can find it in a pharmacy store and market around you

Thanks for the info. smiley

1 Like

Re: NATURALISTERS: How To Care For Your Hair Without Emptying Your Pocket. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
I love your regimen, simple,cheap and it works. Mine is similar to yours and I use most of d ingredients and products u mentioned.
Re: NATURALISTERS: How To Care For Your Hair Without Emptying Your Pocket. by K9blunt(f): 12:10am On Jan 15, 2016
krystalklear:
I love your regimen, simple,cheap and it works. Mine is similar to yours and I use most of d ingredients and products u mentioned.

That's great babe
Re: NATURALISTERS: How To Care For Your Hair Without Emptying Your Pocket. by K9blunt(f): 12:10am On Jan 15, 2016
fpeter:

Thanks for the info. smiley

Anytime dear
Re: NATURALISTERS: How To Care For Your Hair Without Emptying Your Pocket. by mariekay: 2:46pm On Jan 15, 2016
Nice one, pls how do you maintain your dreadlock?
Re: NATURALISTERS: How To Care For Your Hair Without Emptying Your Pocket. by K9blunt(f): 3:03pm On Jan 16, 2016
mariekay:
Nice one, pls how do you maintain your dreadlock?

I relock once a month, so it doesn't thin out.
I wash and condition twice a month.
Whenever I want to sleep in the night I just use net to cover my locks but if its nap time I free my people grin.

(1) (Reply)

Fashion Confessions / Now Available Tinko Machine Top For Sale / Latest Beautiful Ankara Skirt And Blouse Styles In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.