Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

DHL Nigeria Is Holding On To My Iphone 6s Bought For Personal Use - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / DHL Nigeria Is Holding On To My Iphone 6s Bought For Personal Use (1005 Views)

Come In: Which Of These Is Holding You Back? / (pic) See Why Nigeria Is Broke / Access Loan For Personal/buisness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DHL Nigeria Is Holding On To My Iphone 6s Bought For Personal Use by gaby(m): 10:48am On Jan 14, 2016
Can you imagine dhl calling me this morning that they are holding on to my iphone 6s bought for personal use because of custom charges and to that end i'll have to pay almost 60k to a dhl account before I can have my phone.

I sincerely would like to know when and why dhl has started collecting duties on behalf of the nigeria customs service.

This is not the first time it is happening but I have decided to escalate this because enough is enough. We have been too docile in this country.
DHL wont try this in their home country and its a shame they are doing nothing about the numerous complaints from their Nigerian offices.

Lets begin a campaign to bring this daylight thievery to a halt by trending #dhlnigeriascam

Why should I pay an extra 60k in the guise of custom charges and to a Dhl account,doesnt smell right cos it isnt right ofcourse.
Re: DHL Nigeria Is Holding On To My Iphone 6s Bought For Personal Use by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 14, 2016
You don't have a choice bro. I paid 35k to customs last year when dhl delivered a white ps4 to me from Switzerland. Na naija for you.
Re: DHL Nigeria Is Holding On To My Iphone 6s Bought For Personal Use by mymadam(m): 10:57am On Jan 14, 2016
michael142:
...I paid 35k to customs...

shocked
Re: DHL Nigeria Is Holding On To My Iphone 6s Bought For Personal Use by gaby(m): 11:14am On Jan 14, 2016
My question is why is the payment going to a dhl account? Whats up with the new TSA policy.
Re: DHL Nigeria Is Holding On To My Iphone 6s Bought For Personal Use by bedfordng(m): 12:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
gaby:

Can you imagine dhl calling me this morning that they are holding on to my iphone 6s bought for personal use because of custom charges and to that end i'll have to pay almost 60k to a dhl account before I can have my phone.

I sincerely would like to know when and why dhl has started collecting duties on behalf of the nigeria customs service.

This is not the first time it is happening but I have decided to escalate this because enough is enough. We have been too docile in this country.
DHL wont try this in their home country and its a shame they are doing nothing about the numerous complaints from their Nigerian offices.

Lets begin a campaign to bring this daylight thievery to a halt by trending #dhlnigeriascam

Why should I pay an extra 60k in the guise of custom charges and to a Dhl account,doesnt smell right cos it isnt right ofcourse.
that has been the normal policy if you purchase item that is expensive or is more than certain amount, probably 100k-150k. So next time, tag the item as gift when shipping or make use of a shipping third party agent

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Iranian Oil Minister Calls OPEC Production Freeze ‘A Joke’ / EARN REAL BITCOIN FREE DAILY / Phone Accessories Business How Profitable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.