Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Can You Imagine The Insult? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can You Imagine The Insult? (1106 Views)

Uganda And Egypt Bag Awards At Microsoft Imagine Global Cup / Imagine What Linus Torvalds Posted On A Public Newsgroup / Bill Gates Invites Students Around The World To Register For Imagine Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Imagine The Insult? by ngel0v3(m): 3:46pm On Jun 20, 2009
And I always thought IT was the most paying job in the world!

DOE!!!

Re: Can You Imagine The Insult? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 20, 2009
Well, sometimes i wonder why i see "Donate" on many programmers websites sef. . .
Re: Can You Imagine The Insult? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 20, 2009
@ngel0v3:

DOE!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Imagine The Insult? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 20, 2009
Ibukun how did you get here? dont tell me you are stalking me! If that is true, then get on chat right now, it is getting boring here.
Re: Can You Imagine The Insult? by lojik(m): 1:41pm On Jun 21, 2009
He probably has coded too much open source that he forgot to code at least 1 commercial software that'll feed him. lol
Re: Can You Imagine The Insult? by ngel0v3(m): 6:06pm On Jun 21, 2009
Me sef I ben think sey the guy been dey Naija sef!

DOE!!!

Honestly ibkaye, I never realised some guys actually do suffer over there abroad where we are all rushing to fly to?

Pity,  embarassed
Re: Can You Imagine The Insult? by Afam(m): 8:43am On Jun 23, 2009
Better than turning to crime for food.

Problem with some developers is that rather than look for business model to turn into software they keep waiting for prospective clients to come up with ideas.

Why wait for projects when you have the skills and can use it to develop any application that will fetch you money?
Re: Can You Imagine The Insult? by ngel0v3(m): 9:32am On Jun 23, 2009
Quite true Afam! Alot of programmers worldwide, especially Nigeria think programming is all about learning how to code in two or more specific languages. They hardly think like true programmers. What I mean is this: you see, I see programmers to be genuises who solve global problems CREATIVELY. In that enbolden word lies the $$$!

These days, ideas rule the world,, and indeed, the Web! Afam, I see you as someone thinking like that. smiley
Re: Can You Imagine The Insult? by MisterMan(m): 11:48am On Jun 23, 2009
What is the insult there? Do you think the guy can handle a mouse? The DHTML you think may not be the same DHTML he is talking about. There are many slangs around. That picture comes from a thread: Ugly Britain or something like that. I have never been to Britain, but I know their economy is not that bad that a programmer cannot earn a decent living. Their Universities are also top-rated that they produce competent programmers.
Re: Can You Imagine The Insult? by ngel0v3(m): 12:30pm On Jun 23, 2009
@ Misterman My dear, the clause "CODE HTML" in bold means what to you? I'm starting to think the guy's a quark! By the way, HTML is really nothing to brag about. Perhaps no wonder he's begging for clients.
Re: Can You Imagine The Insult? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 23, 2009
Exacta. If he is still coding only HTML these days (not DHTML), then he will definitely suffer. . .he needs to add a D to it, to make it DHTML
And of course, like Afam said, creativity is needed too.
Re: Can You Imagine The Insult? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 25, 2009
now is the time, i think i need to outsorce, lol

@Dthml, u and ur DHTML sha
Re: Can You Imagine The Insult? by SmartK1(m): 11:51pm On Jun 26, 2009
whatever,
d guy was probably a programmer gone nuts. PERIOD.
Re: Can You Imagine The Insult? by Nobody: 1:21am On Jun 27, 2009
webdezzi:

now is the time, i think i need to outsorce, lol

@Dthml, u and ur DHTML sha
Yeah, that is me, and that guy is an embarrasment to DHTML Developers - He is giving us a bad name.
Re: Can You Imagine The Insult? by profits1: 8:08am On Jun 28, 2009
@all dont mind the guy, He is practicing what he learnt from online beggars club offline, He spents much money on gem, more over he doesnt know where to sell Himself, except in the street, let him start from self employment, dress well and look for who needs coding.
Re: Can You Imagine The Insult? by yawatide(f): 7:40pm On Jul 01, 2009
anyone notice that the inscription on his hat is upside-down? Can anyone say "doctored photo"? tongue
Re: Can You Imagine The Insult? by ngel0v3(m): 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2009
Even with the inscription upside down, try to make sense out of it the other way round. IT DOESN"T MAKE ANY SENSE.

Maybe we should really stop discussing about this guy and focus on the lessons intended. Namely, that, PLEASE, even if you love what you do as a programmer to be a hobby, PLEASE and PLEASE, learn to understand that people are ready to pay IF you charge well.

Seperate business from your personal perception of enjoyment. Chou, smiley

(1) (Reply)

Need Help On Freetts Library(java) / All Programmers Please Help Me About Programming / Learn HTML & CSS Coding With Ease!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.