Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,673 members, 7,837,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Masters Degree In Agriculture Related Course With Entirely Different Bckground - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Masters Degree In Agriculture Related Course With Entirely Different Bckground (446 Views)

Contact Me For All You Agriculture Related Problems For A Lasting Solution / Download Myfree Report To Learn How To Make Profitable Investment In Agriculture / Afdb Unveils Plan To Empower Nigerian Women In Agriculture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Masters Degree In Agriculture Related Course With Entirely Different Bckground by makavelee: 2:40am On Jan 15, 2016
Hello fellas,
I'v had keen interest in agriculture right from childhood but the interest just got back with more passion and aggression than ever before.
I'v got an IT background having studied BSc. computing at uni. I am looking for an honest and helpful advice from the experienced if there is anyway possible I can change my discipline by going for any agric related course at masters level?
I have a number of farmlands scattered around the country with reasonable land mass. Recently I started developing on of them and making it to use by digging a borehole in, drinking structure for cattle, fenced a portion of it measuring 50x50 with a roof at each corner of the enclosure for rearing goats and sheep, built a store room for keeping farm supplies such as feed, vaccines etc. I also built a one bedroom house where someone can live in the farm to watch over it. I have a flock of cattle that graze around.
For the 1st time ever, I cultivated ground nut and millet in less than 1/3rd of the land during the last planting season as a trial as well as to use the produce to feed the livestocks, well...to reduce the cost of buying feed.
As it develops, I have a plan of starting a poultry farm (layers) in the near future.

I have a solid business plan and have an idea on what I want and where i want to be at a point if God permits.
As I mentioned earlier, I dont have an agric background (academically) but would like to embark for a masters degree in any agriculture related course to compliment and add value to get a successful farm venture. What course and country would best suit my ambition of becoming a full blown and renowned agric entrepreneur?
PLEASE ADVICE ACCORDINGLY.

(1) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf / Fresh Tomatoes Available. 07038222152 / Snails Farmers, Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.