Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,226 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. (4538 Views)

Applicants frustrated / Police Recruitment Exercise In Rivers Today (Photos) / Police Recruitment: Senate Receives Names Of Successful Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by manifoldcrafty(m): 9:00am On Jan 15, 2016
We need N8.6bn to recruit 10,000 policemen, says Police Service Commission: Chairman of the Police Service Commission (PSC), Mr Mike Okiro, on Thursday, said the commission would need N8.6 billion for the recruitment of 10,000 personnel into the Nigeria Police Force as directed by President Muhammadu Buhari Okiro disclosed this in Abuja at a public hearing on four referrals to the committee by the House of Representatives that raise concerns on general insecurity in the 36 states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and the need to adhere to some provisions of the constitution in the implementation of presidential directives of recruitment of 10,000 officers and men into the Nigeria Police Force. According to him, a breakdown of the financial implication for the recruitment exercise showed that N339,473,092.50 would be for overhead, N1,892,891.25 for advertisement and 1,167,000 for technical resources. "N179,000,000.00 will be for the renovation of training institutions, N3,489,750,000 for feeding, N2,835,441,000 for allowances and salaries, N1,013,550,000 for accoutrements and N118,290,000 for teaching aids." The rest are "arms and ammunition for shooting range, N450,000,000; teaching allowance, N61,266,281 and N117,958,719 for monitoring and evaluation." He explained that the commission, in carrying out the presidential directive, would recruit 7,500 as constables, 500 as cadet inspectors, 500 as cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police and 1,500 various ranks under professionals cadre.my people Get ready.

1 Like

Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by ifymagik(m): 9:05am On Jan 15, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by Prodigee: 9:08am On Jan 15, 2016
Aiite
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by Rooy57(m): 9:21am On Jan 15, 2016
Na whoa! just 500 for cadet assistant superintendent of police when we have millions of graduate roaming the street. Same old shit
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 15, 2016
Hmmm advert shey, before person go hear am for news,they would have recruited all their family members and 'stewards' for the juicy positions already leaving scraps like cadets etc for the masses. Well we all they wait make the advert commot first, God go help us too...
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by ykolajide: 10:19am On Jan 15, 2016
Who care abt police recruitment,to hell wit their profession...

2 Likes

Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by manifoldcrafty(m): 12:55pm On Jan 15, 2016
danieloy4:
Hmmm advert shey, before person go hear am for news,they would have recruited all their family members and 'stewards' for the juicy positions already leaving scraps like cadets etc for the masses. Well we all they wait make the advert commot first, God go help us too...
u said leaving scraps like cadets for d masses......do u know what cadet is in the police.....its d main thing naw......Graduates are taken as cadet inspectors or cadet ASP'S ..
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by deleib(m): 1:03pm On Jan 15, 2016
so why did Buhari announced the recruitment when there's no money to do it?
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by Lanretoye(m): 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2016
danieloy4:
Ur post smells ignorance,next time you talk of what u knw.
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by DeanOlamide(m): 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2016
danieloy4:

u called a cadet scrap? hehehehe do u know how much they earn?

that is a graduate position my friend... get educated about police and their ranks...
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by Kelklein(m): 3:45pm On Jan 15, 2016
_The recruitment itself is cash-generative.

Imagine if the forms will be sold for, say 2000, per applicant. By the time close to 500k people(yes 500k) applied, that would be close to a billion generated from the sales of forms alone.

N3,489,750,000 for feeding 10,000 people?

Simple Mathematics shows N348,975 per head

what are they going to feed them with like that, and for how long..? Maybe till they serve and retire from NPF...smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by Yksoul(m): 4:53pm On Jan 15, 2016
I BELIEVE THE MONEY OR FUND REQUESTED FOR THIS POLICE RECRUITMENT IS INFLATED AND UNREALISTIC.MAJORITY OF THE FUND WOULD BE SABOTAGED AND EMBEZZLED.FOR GOD'S SAKE AT THIS ECONOMIC CRISIS NEW RECRUITS WOULD SPEND #3B FOR FEEDING, NA CHINESS RESTAURANT THEY WAN CHOP? THIS IS BAD PLEASE LETS BE HONEST TO OURSELVES AS A COUNTRY FOR ONCE

2 Likes

Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by SUPOL(m): 5:27pm On Jan 15, 2016
ykolajide:
Who care abt police recruitment,to hell wit their profession...
Go n Die

1 Like

Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by SUPOL(m): 5:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
DeanOlamide:

u called a cadet scrap? hehehehe do u know how much they earn?

that is a graduate position my friend... get educated about police and their ranks...
Dont mind dem.
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by urchbarbie(f): 6:52pm On Jan 15, 2016
seriously chilling for dis stuff. God help us
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by octacores: 7:58pm On Jan 15, 2016
Lolllzz for those of you seriously chilling for this NPF recriutment. This shows your high level of ignorance in the country you live in. Pls its better yall start looking for something worth while to do.
cool wink kiss
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by adeememman(m): 9:58pm On Jan 15, 2016
Another complicated story
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by OCTAVO: 11:07pm On Jan 15, 2016
Naija I hail thee! Over 3 billion naira for feeding? And 2 billion for allowances and salaries? Something is wrong somewhere! This crap is inflated abeg!

1 Like

Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by Simplymeah: 12:06am On Jan 16, 2016
Ok
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by Akious2k2(m): 1:28am On Jan 16, 2016
urchbarbie:
seriously chilling for dis stuff. God help us
So ladies are also interested in NPF?

D way d money is being spent should be critically scrutinised (after the recruitment) and also, I don't expect d institution 2 sell anything (Scratch Card / Whatever) for prospective members of d institution. Better still, I prefer dat PMB requests 4 a breakdown of how dis money is 2 b spent & subsequently make dem account 4 it
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by urchbarbie(f): 8:41am On Jan 16, 2016
Akious2k2:

So ladies are also interested in NPF?

D way d money is being spent should be critically scrutinised (after the recruitment) and also, I don't expect d institution 2 sell anything (Scratch Card / Whatever) for prospective members of d institution. Better still, I prefer dat PMB requests 4 a breakdown of how dis money is 2 b spent & subsequently make dem account 4 it
lolx! yh! I am very much interested. I spent my NYSC with d HQR in Taraba as a lawyer in d legal section. I actually enjoyed it. I hope to scale thru
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by grosy: 9:15am On Jan 16, 2016
promotion of staff is another cause, but thank god they are throught wit it
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by Akious2k2(m): 11:06am On Jan 16, 2016
urchbarbie:
lolx! yh! I am very much interested. I spent my NYSC with d HQR in Taraba as a lawyer in d legal section. I actually enjoyed it. I hope to scale thru
Now I understand... U were @ d legal dept... I guess u didn't have 2 wear dat black uniform & stand on the streets like dey do sometimes
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by urchbarbie(f): 1:32pm On Jan 16, 2016
Akious2k2:

Now I understand... U were @ d legal dept... I guess u didn't have 2 wear dat black uniform & stand on the streets like dey do sometimes
my dear. those dat stand on road aint even up to 1/10 of d police force. There r many offices to manage. hopefully try and join d higher cadets u wont need to be on d street......and when u join try not to send d boys for egunje. The system needs to be full of people with a mind to change d way people see d NPF
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by suyamasta(m): 4:41pm On Jan 16, 2016
Oyaaaa nnaaaa make dem run dis tin make we see way abeg! the clock is ticking
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by Akious2k2(m): 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2016
urchbarbie:
my dear. those dat stand on road aint even up to 1/10 of d police force. There r many offices to manage. hopefully try and join d higher cadets u wont need to be on d street......and when u join try not to send d boys for egunje. The system needs to be full of people with a mind to change d way people see d NPF
Ok, no wahala... I'm patiently waiting den... May b I can give it a try
BTW... Who is higher in rank out of these 2-
cadet inspectors & cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police
Finally, how do u think there (Officers) pay is from ur observation during service?
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by urchbarbie(f): 10:34pm On Jan 16, 2016
Akious2k2:

Ok, no wahala... I'm patiently waiting den... May b I can give it a try
BTW... Who is higher in rank out of these 2-
cadet inspectors & cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police
Finally, how do u think there (Officers) pay is from ur observation during service?
ASP is higher dan inspector. the pay grade is highly discriminatory though......one can still survive.
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by Akious2k2(m): 12:16am On Jan 17, 2016
urchbarbie:
ASP is higher dan inspector. the pay grade is highly discriminatory though......one can still survive.
Ok, thanx

1 Like

Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 17, 2016
urchbarbie:
what exactly is professionals cadre??
Re: See What Is Delaying The Much Awaited Police Recruitment. by urchbarbie(f): 4:30pm On Jan 17, 2016
BADNEAT:
what exactly is professionals cadre??
I guess stuffs like driver, Drs, Technicians etc..

(1) (Reply)

ABT Associates Latest Job Recruitment / CURRENT NATIONWIDE VACANCIES FOR THE MONTH OF FEB. 2009...APPLY TODAY / Nitda Any Update House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.