Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Fashion And It Diverse - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion And It Diverse (516 Views)

I / Strictly For Fashion And Makeup Freaks!!!!!!! / Diverse Categories Of Clothing From Oasis Plus Size (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fashion And It Diverse by Rooy57(m): 7:29pm On Jan 15, 2016
Seriously there have been a diverse opinions concerning the issue of fashion over time, most especially in this contemporary world where people put on rags (so to say) and called it Fashion. Sometimes I felt so much anger to the point that I think there's need for government to create a kind of fashion police to put people that dress awkward behind bars! However, that will not be visible hence, there's fundamental human rights.

Fashion is essentially the most popular mode of expression: It describes the ever-changing style of clothes worn by those with cultural status. A fashion trend occurs when others mimic or emulate this clothing style. Fashions vary greatly within a society over time, but also are affected by age, occupation,
sexual orientation, location and social class. Today, a fashion trend starts with fashion designers, who design a spring
and fall collection based on cues and inspiration they’ve gathered throughout the season. These cues can include
popular culture, celebrities, music, politics, nature or something else entirely.

Fashion in the 1960s reflected the cultural and political upheaval of the time. The hippie and counterculture movement gave rise to accessories like Pocahontas-style headbands and
medallions worn around the neck and so on, which is of course to the detriment of our culture.
Now my questions is, which should be precedence when it comes to our fashion. Is it our culture or what's in vogue?

Now to nairalanders let's hear view on this.

(1) (Reply)

Inspiring Palette For Winter Wedding / Who Can Rock This? / Africa Fashion Week 2016: Call For Fashion Volunteers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.