Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,154 members, 7,845,804 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

JAMB 2016: Success Guides For Strategic And Adequate Preparation - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB 2016: Success Guides For Strategic And Adequate Preparation (709 Views)

JAMB 2016/2017 Admission Posting For Direct Entry Students / Jamb 2016 Utme Questions And Answers Now Available / Success Guides For Twenty-somethings After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

JAMB 2016: Success Guides For Strategic And Adequate Preparation by ogahlouiskid18(m): 8:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
However, I have outlined here specific nuggets for strategic and adequate preparation; 1. Start Preparing Now!: Don’t wait until weeks to the exam to start studying. The first step to success in any examination is to start preparing on time. Begin by creating a personal time-table; the one that suits your study time (day or night). Also make sure you use the JAMB syllabus. It helps you not only to know the list of topics to be covered but also the areas questions will likely come from. We have emphasized over and over again on the importance of JAMB past questions. Here is a testimony from a Myschooler who prepared with JAMB past questions and wrote UTME 2 years back; "All CBT candidates the one secret to your success is past questions. Am telling you this from experience because on Saturday when I wrote mine, 25 questions in each subject I answered came out from past questions and JAMB repeated it as it was asked before. I wake up on that Saturday by 1pm and read my books till 6pm. When I entered inside the hall I found out that JAMB photocopied the questions from past questions to the extent that not even a word was changed."

. .
2. Be Confident: Your level of intelligence is affected by the state of your mind. Examination fear and intimidation has a way of sapping confidence from you. Even if you were not able to cover the whole syllables, be confident in the areas you have covered. Don’t try to copy others. Find out what works for you and stick to it since all of us are not gifted same way. E.g you need to know the reading environment that works for you and the time of the day you are most productive. If you are a social learner for instance, you can join JAMB coaching classes and JAMB examination forums and groups where you can share ideas and learn from others. Never the less, this should not replace your personal study time. While studying, read between the lines and make sure you know the exact meaning of words you come across. Don’t assume you know the meaning already. This is very important in tackling questions in English language and subjects like biology. Remember JAMB can be tricky with questions. Also work on your speed and accuracy because it’s a test of both. There’s no point knowing all the answers but not being able to finish within the specified time.

. 3. Forget about “JAMB Runs”: If you start now to nurse the idea of getting help from somewhere else outside your brain, you may end up with stories that touch. There are many “JAMB Messiahs” (That’s what they claim) everywhere trying to take advantage of gullible candidates. I know they will eventually convince many lazy students. But let it not be you. Their offer may seem juicy but then so is every short cut to success. It will only leave you with tales of woes at the end of the day. With the current mode of examination and some other changes JAMB has made, the possibility of succeeding with EXPO has been drastically reduced. So get that option off your mind and take the surest pathway to success which remains hard work, discipline and determination.

. .

4. Do Not Forget the G Factor: The G factor here is GOD. You cannot be prepared to the extent that God is no longer relevant. There are things beyond human control. What if you happen to break down with fever on the day of your examination? What after writing well and you never get to see your result for no sensible reason? This is where you need God to work for you. This explains the importance of prayer. Prayer does not only change things, it positions you to confront all things.
Re: JAMB 2016: Success Guides For Strategic And Adequate Preparation by Christmasdon(m): 8:05pm On Jan 15, 2016
Good piece.

(1) (Reply)

Kogi State School Of Nursing & Midwifery Form Is Currently On Sales: "Click" / Finally Exposed Mysterious Tree Where Witches And Wizards Meets In Benin / Seven Reasons Why Your Children Should Not Attend Same Sex Schools (sss)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.