Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Policewoman Breastfeeds Abandoned Girl To Save Her Life - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Policewoman Breastfeeds Abandoned Girl To Save Her Life (548 Views)

11-Year-Old Blind And Cripple Girl Abandoned By Her Parents In Akwa Ibom / Zambian Man Donates His Liver To His Wife To Save Her Life (Photos) / 13-Year-Old Pregnant Akwa Ibom Girl To Undergo Caesarean Operation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policewoman Breastfeeds Abandoned Girl To Save Her Life by Rtopzy(f): 8:22pm On Jan 15, 2016
A police officer, who is also a new mother, saved a newborn baby from starvation, while waiting for paramedics to arrive.
Please, scroll down for photos below!

When Luisa Fernanda Urrea, a police officer in La Marina, Colombia, was called to a remote forest area she didn’t expect she would save somebody’s life that day.

Doctors believe new mother Luisa Fernanda Urrea saved the baby’s life by feeding her while she waiting for medical help

But this is exactly what she did after arriving at the scene and finding an abandoned newborn baby with part of her umbilical cord still attached. Following her maternal instinct the young woman unhesitatingly breastfed the hungry girl while awaiting paramedics.
Later she was praised by doctors for making a crucial decision, as the hours-old baby might have died if not for Urrea’s quick-wittedness. Commenting on the incident the heroine police officer said:
The heroic police officer later told media she was a new mother herself and recognised the child was desperately hungry

“I’m a new mother and I have milk and I recognised the needs that this poor little creature had. I think any woman would have given her nourishment in the same circumstances.”

The baby is now recovering at the Colombian Institute of Family Welfare, which is searching for an adoptive home. The girl’s mother could be charged with an attempted murder if police locate her.

Source http://ritachi.mywapblog.com/policewoman-breastfeeds-abandoned-girl-t.xhtml

Re: Policewoman Breastfeeds Abandoned Girl To Save Her Life by TedBaker(m): 8:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
I fear nw ni, i fink say na naija police
Re: Policewoman Breastfeeds Abandoned Girl To Save Her Life by mummyf(f): 8:45pm On Jan 15, 2016
Aawwww!!
Re: Policewoman Breastfeeds Abandoned Girl To Save Her Life by themonk(m): 8:47pm On Jan 15, 2016
Chaii, so touching.
Re: Policewoman Breastfeeds Abandoned Girl To Save Her Life by Thebrightest(m): 10:52pm On Jan 15, 2016
Pls i need it too
Re: Policewoman Breastfeeds Abandoned Girl To Save Her Life by Nickymezor(f): 7:33am On Jan 16, 2016
Wow, datz so nice of her... Shez indeed a mother
Re: Policewoman Breastfeeds Abandoned Girl To Save Her Life by Lexusgs430: 8:30am On Jan 16, 2016
Breast sucking save lives!!!
Ladies with voluminous boobs and thick nip.ples be warned!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Another Lassa Fever Patient Escapes From Ebonyi State Hospital / How To Include Fresh Blueberries' Power For Your Diet / Anti-rape Condoms With Teeth For Women (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.