Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

My Struggle With Fornication And How The Lord Helped Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Struggle With Fornication And How The Lord Helped Me (600 Views)

10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Struggle With Fornication And How The Lord Helped Me by Adex225: 6:00am On Jan 16, 2016
Fornication is a spirit and I believe it is not something we can fight and win over on our own accord alone. We need to always ask for the grace of God to overcome the urge whenever it arises.

At the beginning of this year, I made a strong commitment to God that I will not be involved in fornication and any pre-marital sex this year. I fasted, I prayed. I knew all new year resolutions will be tested and I knew mine will be tested too. I was hoping when the test will come, I will have enough strength to resist it. However, I didn't know the test will come so early in the new year. A friend came around to my place with one of his girls and he used my room for sex with the lady. I shouldn't have allowed it because it was as if the spirit descended on me too. I suddenly had the strong urge to have sex and it was so strong. When it reached the point of no return, I called one of my girlfriends and she promised to come the following morning. I was elated. However, a strong battle was going on between my soul, my spirit and my body. My body desired the pleasure so much, my spirit was bringing the words of the scriptures to my mind and my soul was caught in between. At that point, I grabbed my bible and my Open heaven, and began to read and pray. All I was saying was "Jesus, please help me. This is my moment of weakness, please give me strength". As I was praying it, the urge was going down and my soul was lightening. Thereafter I slept off and in my sleep, the Lord gave me fresh strength and freshness like never before. I woke up and sent a text to the lady that I won't be available. It was the first time in my life that I will be reversing back after reaching that point and I gave all the glory to God.

Lesson
1. 1st Corinthians 15:33 " Be not deceived. Evil communications corrupt good manners". No matter how spiritual we are, if we continue to walk with corrupt people, there is a strong tendency for us to be corrupted. That is the reason why the Lord told us never to forsake the gathering of the brethren. If I had not allowed my friend to bring his corrupt tendencies around me, I wouldn't have fallen into the temptation.
2. In our moment of weakness, let us not hesitate to call on God : The Almighty God is like a father to us, if we can relate with him as a child. Whenever we feel we are losing it, let's immediately go into a closet and ask God for strength, grace and mercy. Don't stop. Let's keep asking him till we feel some form of peace in our mind. One thing I have noticed is no matter the temptation, once we stir up our spirit and we will overcome it. 2Corinthians 12:10 said "When I am weak, then I am strong".

I hope my story will help someone today. The path to live a godly life is laced with so many temptations. It is as if when you determine not to do something, that is when so many juicy offers will be coming our ways. It's all the deceit of the devil. Anytime we are in our moments of weakness, let's call on God. There is no superhuman anywhere. Let's all draw our strength from the one that have it.
Shallom

2 Likes

Re: My Struggle With Fornication And How The Lord Helped Me by gabinogem(m): 6:18am On Jan 16, 2016
Willpower is the key here... once there's no Willpower, whether u pray from now till thy kingdom come nothing will change. Most people lack Willpower & self-direction... Man know thyself for thy days shall be prolong on earth.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Unilag Holyghost Service! / Deliverance Through Prayer / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/02/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.