Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

My Dilemma: Choosing Between English LITERATURE And English LANGUAGE. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Dilemma: Choosing Between English LITERATURE And English LANGUAGE. (2045 Views)

O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. / Nigerians And Their Use Of The English language - BBC (Hilarious) / The Most Commonly Confused Words In The English Language, According To Microsoft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dilemma: Choosing Between English LITERATURE And English LANGUAGE. by Justeenaleo(f): 8:12am On Jan 16, 2016
Ok here's the thing, I am interested in both areas, I love literature but I "see future" in Language. I don't know who came up with such idea but now we are made to choose. Some people find it easy choosing but I don't. So I need help, if you guys could give me some sort of guidline in choosing, what should be my reason for choosing either of the two.
I'd appreciate responses from those who have been through the same process and also those who have knowledge of such.
Missmossy

Re: My Dilemma: Choosing Between English LITERATURE And English LANGUAGE. by Missmossy(f): 8:57am On Jan 16, 2016
Justeenaleo:
Ok here's the thing, I am interested in both areas, I love literature but I "see future" in Language. I don't know who came up with such idea but now we are made to choose. Some people find it easy choosing but I don't. So I need help, if you guys could give me some sort of guidline in choosing, what should be my reason for choosing either of the two.
I'd appreciate responses from those who have been through the same process and also those who have knowledge of such.
Missmossy
School has resumed cheesy and you haven't decided.

Go for what interests you more,what you won't get tired of easily. Language is a bore that i know.
Re: My Dilemma: Choosing Between English LITERATURE And English LANGUAGE. by Justeenaleo(f): 12:19pm On Jan 16, 2016
Missmossy:

School has resumed cheesy and you haven't decided.

Go for what interests you more,what you won't get tired of easily. Language is a bore that i know.
angry
I keep deciding and "undeciding"
Re: My Dilemma: Choosing Between English LITERATURE And English LANGUAGE. by lezz(m): 12:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
Justeenaleo:

angry
I keep deciding and "undeciding"
Why are you undecided ? What's your core interest?
Re: My Dilemma: Choosing Between English LITERATURE And English LANGUAGE. by Missmossy(f): 2:00pm On Jan 16, 2016
Justeenaleo:
angry I keep deciding and "undeciding"
Lol grin
We would talk about it next week. Pele.
Re: My Dilemma: Choosing Between English LITERATURE And English LANGUAGE. by Emodeee: 2:13pm On Jan 16, 2016
Op, you luk good.
Re: My Dilemma: Choosing Between English LITERATURE And English LANGUAGE. by Justeenaleo(f): 8:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
lezz:
Why are you undecided ? What's your core interest?
I love literature, I love literature, I'm interested in literature, I like language too and I feel language is more promising in the present day Nigerian labour market (based on what I was told). Now for my grades, there's not much difference between the two. I flow with literature but language language language oo I need language
I blieve
I think angry
Re: My Dilemma: Choosing Between English LITERATURE And English LANGUAGE. by Justeenaleo(f): 8:27pm On Jan 16, 2016
Missmossy:

Lol grin

We would talk about it next week. Pele.
Alright smiley
Re: My Dilemma: Choosing Between English LITERATURE And English LANGUAGE. by lezz(m): 9:10pm On Jan 16, 2016
Justeenaleo:

I love literature, I love literature, I'm interested in literature, I like language too and I feel language is more promising in the present day Nigerian labour market (based on what I was told). Now for my grades, there's not much difference between the two. I flow with literature but language language language oo I need language
I blieve
I think angry
Lolz, you can always study literature on the sidelines, without a formal setting.

If you love literature make it a hubby then. But go read English. It gives you a better CV and still over you a shadow of literature in the process.
Re: My Dilemma: Choosing Between English LITERATURE And English LANGUAGE. by Swissheart(f): 9:43pm On Jan 16, 2016
English language pls....... The thing is while pursuing language, you can't but come across literature.
Re: My Dilemma: Choosing Between English LITERATURE And English LANGUAGE. by Justeenaleo(f): 1:08am On Jan 17, 2016
lezz:
Lolz, you can always study literature on the sidelines, without a formal setting.

If you love literature make it a hubby then. But go read English. It gives you a better CV and still over you a shadow of literature in the process.
Thank you lezz smiley
Re: My Dilemma: Choosing Between English LITERATURE And English LANGUAGE. by Justeenaleo(f): 1:13am On Jan 17, 2016
Swissheart:
English language pls....... The thing is while pursuing language, you can't but come across literature.
Thanks swiss smiley
Re: My Dilemma: Choosing Between English LITERATURE And English LANGUAGE. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 17, 2016
Follow your heart.
But I'd choose Language.

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma: Choosing Between English LITERATURE And English LANGUAGE. by zicoraads: 5:53am On Oct 13, 2016
Justeenaleo:

Thanks swiss smiley
I hope you went for English. English definitely gives you more job opportunities. And you will definitely do lots of literature work as an English student. But you won't as a literature student.
Re: My Dilemma: Choosing Between English LITERATURE And English LANGUAGE. by Justeenaleo(f): 9:15am On Oct 13, 2016
zicoraads:

I hope you went for English. English definitely gives you more job opportunities. And you will definitely do lots of literature work as an English student. But you won't as a literature student.
Yeah, went for Enlgish Language lol
Thanks!
Re: My Dilemma: Choosing Between English LITERATURE And English LANGUAGE. by zicoraads: 7:29pm On Oct 13, 2016
Justeenaleo:

Yeah, went for Enlgish Language lol
Thanks!
Oh..okay, nice. Which school?
Re: My Dilemma: Choosing Between English LITERATURE And English LANGUAGE. by Justeenaleo(f): 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2016
zicoraads:
Oh..okay, nice. Which school?
Lagos State University.

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma: Choosing Between English LITERATURE And English LANGUAGE. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 11, 2017
Justeenaleo:
Miss.mos.sy
happy birthday dear. Also choose english language too. Can i pm u pls?

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The Research Onion: An Illustrator / Nigeria Development Fund Scholarship At Coventry University In UK, 2018 – APPLY / OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY JUPEB 2018/2019 ACADEMIC SESSION FORM IS OUT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.