Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. (2609 Views)

Jamb Cancels Result And Portal Is Being Closed / My Brother's Waec Result And The Dilemma Involved. / I Just Checked My Uniben Post Utme Result And I'm So Happy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by Benjax(m): 4:02pm On May 18, 2017
Pardon me, I don't have a "super" smart phone otherwise,I'd have posted a screen shot.

I wrote the JAMB exam on Monday,15th May,2017 and have seen the result. Honestly,it's not as I had expected but Glory to God! I scored 274.

My dilemma now is what next to do. I chose Medicine and Surgery @UNN. Considering the score,I wonder how possible it will be for me. However, even if I want to change, I don't even have an idea of another suitable course.
Plz help me make this decision.
*Mods u can do the needful....
Re: O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 18, 2017
How Good Is Your Waec/neco Result
Re: O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by FromZeroToHero(m): 5:42pm On May 18, 2017
It also depend on your o'level. If you have A1 in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, English and at least B2 in other 4 subjects then you are good to go or else switch to Biochem or Micro biology. Good luck.
Re: O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by Xsem(m): 7:16pm On May 18, 2017
Last year unn cut off
Medicine 311
Pharmacy 293
Med lab. 285.
So you need to check well. If you wasc is good you might Try
Re: O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by Sugarcious(m): 9:26pm On May 18, 2017
All this medicine and surgery people. That course is over rated abeg. So apart from medicine and surgery u don't have any other option?
U need proper career orientation. Everybody wants to be a doctor.

3 Likes

Re: O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by Icosahedron(m): 9:34pm On May 18, 2017
Sugarcious:
All this medicine and surgery people. That course is over rated abeg. So apart from medicine and surgery u don't have any other option?
U need proper career orientation. Everybody wants to be a doctor.

The shiit is annoying, people choose majors based on career opportunities, whatever happened to passion?
Re: O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by Benjax(m): 10:18am On May 19, 2017
Tahrah:
How Good Is Your Waec/neco Result

The four subjects required for medicine: English= B3, Biology= C5, Chemistry= B3, Physics= B3.
Re: O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 19, 2017
Benjax:

The four subjects required for medicine: English= B3, Biology= C5, Chemistry= B3, Physics= B3.
Wat Of Maths
Re: O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by Benjax(m): 1:47pm On May 19, 2017
Tahrah:

Wat Of Maths

I had B3 in Maths as well; but u know Maths is not among the UTME subjects for Medicine.
Re: O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 19, 2017
Benjax:

I had B3 in Maths as well; but u know Maths is not among the UTME subjects for Medicine.
It is important for the screening/putme
Re: O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by afeezet(m): 5:56pm On May 19, 2017
choose dentistry and become the same valued doctor.
in Nigeria only 7 institutions can offer you dentistry, their cut off is always lower than medicine but it's the same education and salary scale as a doctor. in fact dentistry is not limited to only teeth am glad I select the path. use Google for more info
Re: O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by Benjax(m): 7:08pm On May 19, 2017
Tahrah:

It is important for the screening/putme

nevertheless, what do u suggest I do?
Re: O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by Ichietome: 7:17pm On May 19, 2017
Radiography
Re: O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 19, 2017
Benjax:

nevertheless, what do u suggest I do?
afeezet:
in Nigeria only 7 institutions can offer you dentistry, their cut off is always lower than medicine but it's the same education and salary scale as a doctor. in fact dentistry is not limited to only teeth am glad I select the path. use Google for more info
Re: O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by Benjax(m): 8:34pm On May 19, 2017
Ichietome:
Radiography

I'm afraid. I was adviced that Radiography doesn't pay in Nigeria.
Re: O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by Benjax(m): 8:38pm On May 19, 2017
afeezet:

Really....plz could u give me ur digits.
Re: O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by Ichietome: 8:41pm On May 19, 2017
Benjax:

I'm afraid. I was adviced that Radiography doesn't pay in Nigeria.
Based on logistics that's very wrong info. In fact radiography is in very high demand in Nigeria.
Re: O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by Benjax(m): 8:45pm On May 19, 2017
Ichietome:

Based on logistics that's very wrong info. In fact radiography is in very high demand in Nigeria.

Are u one of them?
Re: O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by Ichietome: 8:51pm On May 19, 2017
Benjax:

Are u one of them?
Nope
Re: O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by Benjax(m): 9:54pm On May 19, 2017
Xsem:
Last year unn cut off
Medicine 311
Pharmacy 293
Med lab. 285.
So you need to check well. If you wasc is good you might Try

Thanks. Plz do u also know that of dentistry, med rehab and radiography?
Re: O! My UTME Result And My Dilemma. by afeezet(m): 11:02am On May 20, 2017
[quote author=Benjax post=56687176]

Really....plz could u give me ur digits.[/quote

(1) (Reply)

Which Affordable Nigerian Private University Is Still Admitting ? / Female Graduate Wows The Internet With Her Shoemaking Skills (photos) / Federal College Of Education Gombe 2015/2016 POST-UTME Screening Execise Is On N

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.