Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,133 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Why Are People So Clueless About God And The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are People So Clueless About God And The Bible? (825 Views)

Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? / The Interesting things About God / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are People So Clueless About God And The Bible? by beee2324(f): 9:29pm On Jun 21, 2009
The reason why im asking is because im tired of the church telling negative things about homosexuals.Just
like this preacher who criticise me that God didnt create us but Satan.so,i asked him if god told him that in person
then he said no,its in the bible.Then i asked him do you believe all that is written in the bible are true? he said yes.When i asked him about
genesis,if human starts from adam and eve then how come there are lots of races;as we all know if both parents are black or white or lets say
adam is white and eve is black,it is impossible that the baby is chinese looking.then he said its about the story of babel that god separate the
people to different places then the food and climate changed the look.i told him that spaniard settled in philipines for over 400years and the descendants
didnt turn to asian looking.and then the other pastor said why dont you leave it as it is.Just have faith in God.But im trying so hard to be with god but
you church people are not welcoming us.
Re: Why Are People So Clueless About God And The Bible? by jagunlabi(m): 2:22pm On Jun 22, 2009
beee2324:

and then the other pastor said why dont you leave it as it is.Just have faith in God.But im trying so hard to be with god but you church people are not welcoming us.
That is if what you are trying to be with is God.To be with God yout don't have to put up with made up and ridiculuos fables.
Re: Why Are People So Clueless About God And The Bible? by minute(f): 5:58pm On Jun 22, 2009
And who says you need to belong to thier little group to believe in God?

Once upon a time,there was a guy named Jesus and he was a pretty cool guy. wink wink winkHe

did lots of cool stuffs and hoped to teach people to be good to each other.Then, he died and a

bunch of people(who were NOT Jesus) made up a bunch of rules if you wanted to hang out with

thier group.Oh well SCREW THAT! Jesus taught his followers to love all even your enemies,and to always

turn the other cheek when someone has done something "wrong".Well, the church apparently has decided that

they can jugde others and decide who gets to hang out.Im guessing Jesus wouldnt be happy about that undecided undecided undecided

I seem to remember reading something about "let him who is without sin throw the first stone"

The Bible wasnt written down for the first time until several hundred years after Jesus died;and the first thing the

Bible teaches is that man has flaws.Well,I have a hard time believing that flawed humans could tell stories for hundereds of

years without writing them down,and the stories never changed from their original version.So its a pretty safe guess the Bible isnt exactly

word for word historical literal.I mean its believed that God is so far beyond us that we can hardly fathom his greatness,so how can

anyone believe that whenever he spoke to his people they got everything he said right?

And its very very sad that the preacher used the Bible to exclude a free thinker like you. undecided undecided undecided

They are not all bad tho,so dont take it seriously.I hope you find a community(CHURCH) that welcomes you.
Re: Why Are People So Clueless About God And The Bible? by toneyb: 7:03pm On Jun 22, 2009
minute:

The Bible wasnt written down for the first time until several hundred years after Jesus died;and the first thing the

Bible teaches is that man has flaws.Well,I have a hard time believing that flawed humans could tell stories for hundereds of

years without writing them down,and the stories never changed from their original version.So its a pretty safe guess the Bible isnt exactly

word for word historical literal.I mean its believed that God is so far beyond us that we can hardly fathom his greatness,so how can

anyone believe that whenever he spoke to his people they got everything he said right?

And its very very sad that the preacher used the Bible to exclude a free thinker like you. undecided undecided undecided

They are not all bad tho,so dont take it seriously.I hope you find a community(CHURCH) that welcomes you.

The Old testament which is the Hebrew bible was written before Jesus was born, but all of the New testament were written long after the death of Jesus. The four gospels(and others that were not accepted as part of the bible) which were the only documents that told his stories were not written until about 45-70 years after his death. Not by eye witness but by people who wrote based on oral tradition. Paul's letters predate the gospels and even Paul himself never meet the Jesus he was writing about in person.

People in different countries write their own history based on their perception and what they find to be true, and so what if they embellish, it's their history.

The Old Testament is the Hebrews history with all the embellishments that they chose to place in it to show that they were strong, and not weak and that their god was stronger and better than the gods the other people around them worshiped. They also wrote their history in a very skewed fashion to show that they were picked on, and that they didn't pick on others. They didn't start the fights but they would end it or when ever they started the fights against others they did so because their god told them to go and kill off the others steal their lands, rape their women and take their animals because they worshiped other gods. That was always the case, kill others and take what belongs to them because they worshiped other gods.

The New Testament is the same thing but this time from a Christian perspective.

The Qu'ran is the same thing but this time from an Islamic perspective.

et al, on all other religions and peoples.
Re: Why Are People So Clueless About God And The Bible? by Smi1(m): 3:10pm On May 02, 2010
christians are bunch of confused people, " lil minded "
Re: Why Are People So Clueless About God And The Bible? by karo93: 6:44pm On May 02, 2010
i still don't get your grievance with Christianity.

if it is about races then is it not possible that God did that later and didn't tell anyone or told someone who didn't write it or whose documents have been destroyed?

explain yourself more!
Re: Why Are People So Clueless About God And The Bible? by CrudeOil2(m): 7:30pm On May 02, 2010
Religion is the opium of the people?

(1) (Reply)

Before Eve There Was Lilith / Yahweh And Jesus / Was Christ A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.