Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

10 Quotes That Will Makes Your Life Feels Better - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 10 Quotes That Will Makes Your Life Feels Better (472 Views)

Dolapo Badmus: Dating Yahoo Boys Is The Fastest Way To Lose Your Life / When Your Village People Are Playing With Your Life / Beware You Can Loose Your Life Making Phone Calls Near A Millitary Check Point I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Quotes That Will Makes Your Life Feels Better by ritzybaby(f): 1:05pm On Jan 16, 2016
We can try to figure out the hard parts of life, the challenges, to open the closed doors of life on our own—or we can refer to humankind’s wisdom.

1.”If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room.''
I need to challenge myself to inspire yourself, I need to work with those who know their passion if I want to succeed.

2.”There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”

When I’m mean to others in order to make myself feel better, I make myself smaller.

3. “An amateur practices until he can play it correctly, a professional practices until he can’t play it incorrectly.”

4. “We judge ourselves by our intentions but others by their actions.”

Boom. Perspective. This one has stuck with me. As VP Biden put it today, we can judge other’s actions, but not their motivation.

5. “If it takes less than five minutes, just do it now.”

Don’t procrastinate. The obstacle will fester, and it will take the same amount of time to do then as now but you will have lived with the festering for longer. As Trungpa Rinpoche puts it, approach the challenge directly.

6. “If you don’t have time to do it right, you must have time to do it over.”
Measure twice. Slow down. Breathe. The Lincoln quote about sharpening the axe comes to mind.

7. “When you are torn between 2 choices, always pick the one that will make the best story – grandpa always said this and once I started following it, life became a lot more interesting.”

Approach your cowardice as if stepping forward will make for an adventure. It will.

8. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”

So, work hard. Because some talent out there works hard, too. “90% of talent is interest.” Pick your passion—but that’s not enough. Here’s more on Right Livelihood.

9. ''Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.''
Or
''Holding onto anger is like holding onto a piece of hot coal preparing to throw it at someone.''
You’re the one who gets burned.

10. ''It’s okay if it’s not okay. It’s okay for things to not always be okay.''
Listen to some Blues. Be okay with not okay.

Cc; Lalasticlala
Re: 10 Quotes That Will Makes Your Life Feels Better by robinicule(m): 1:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
Re: 10 Quotes That Will Makes Your Life Feels Better by talktonase(m): 1:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
When someone wants to use his reagae to spoil your blues, kindly walk away.
Re: 10 Quotes That Will Makes Your Life Feels Better by Kelklein(m): 1:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
@ritzybaby you may need to write the name of who you are quoting or a source

..to make your post more credible cos the way it is, it looks blank.

1 Like

Re: 10 Quotes That Will Makes Your Life Feels Better by osborn442(m): 1:55pm On Jan 16, 2016
Nice quotes

(1) (Reply)

Indian Man Rapes 15 Year Old Girl And Sets Her On Fire / Saraki Stalls Trial, Tribunal Adjourns Till March 18 / Horror In Cameroon As Dead Woman's Sister Is Forced To Use Blade To Remove Twin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.