Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,579 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

If You Know About Step-down Transformers - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / If You Know About Step-down Transformers (908 Views)

Direct to AC LED: Abuja. AMAZING LIGHTING POWER. Forget Step Down Power Pack!! / Branding Merchandise Transformers Deform Metal Heart Shaped USB Flash Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Know About Step-down Transformers by greysmith: 3:57pm On Jan 16, 2016
Please what kind of transformers are found in household appliances? I attended an interview today and was asked to give examples of step down transformers, I gave some examples and also mentioned transformers found in household appliances. The MD flared up and said he couldn't believe a graduate will say there are step down transformers in home appliances, he even said he was sure I didn't write my school exams myself, lol. Well that's by the way, I'm really confused here. Was I wrong?
Re: If You Know About Step-down Transformers by Donald3d(m): 4:13pm On Jan 16, 2016
greysmith:
Please what kind of transformers are found in household appliances? I attended an interview today and was asked to give examples of step down transformers, I gave some examples and also mentioned transformers found in household appliances. The MD flared up and said he couldn't believe a graduate will say there are step down transformers in home appliances, he even said he was sure I didn't write my school exams myself, lol. Well that's by the way, I'm really confused here. Was I wrong?
you were right but the mbeke man did not specify ,you can also find step down transformers around us eg at junctions
Re: If You Know About Step-down Transformers by Tdunjoye: 6:49pm On Jan 16, 2016
example of step down transformers; 33kv to 415v, 11kv to 415v. (phcn) these are tranformer visibly seen in neigbourhood or streets, another example is smaller transformer 220volt to 24volt or 220volt to 12volt. these are good example. dt get me wrong, we hv stepdown transformer in some home appliances, they are mostly part of bigger unit. thank you

(1) (Reply)

How To Transfer Messages From Samsung To Iphone 7 / D2D (device To Device ) Communications For 4/5G Mobile Communications / Helping Hand To Succeed In Forex.join Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.