Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

My Sienna 2001/2002 Model Drags - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Sienna 2001/2002 Model Drags (930 Views)

Price Of Toyota Sienna 2001 1mz fe Vvti Engine / Pls What Is Solution To My Sienna Over Heating / Please Help. Strange Symbol Display On My Sienna Dashboard (with Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sienna 2001/2002 Model Drags by esiri4jesu(m): 5:34pm On Jan 16, 2016
Hello gurus in the house, l need to know what could be the cause of my sienna dragging when moving. It does not select as expected when accelerating. When you apply the throttle for it to accelerate it will decelerate instead with a spitting sound from the exhaust. I will then release the throttle and it will now pick gradually.
Re: My Sienna 2001/2002 Model Drags by mayor2013: 11:02pm On Jan 16, 2016
esiri4jesu:
Hello gurus in the house, l need to know what could be the cause of my sienna dragging when moving. It does not select as expected when accelerating. When you apply the throttle for it to accelerate it will decelerate instead with a spitting sound from the exhaust. I will then release the throttle and it will now pick gradually.

Sounds like a blocked exhaust system. I wouldn't rule out a bad transmission
Re: My Sienna 2001/2002 Model Drags by boldx(m): 12:48pm On Jan 18, 2016
esiri4jesu:

I had the same experience for the past 2 weeks. . After my trip to the east, I came back and my sienna started dragging. The gear transitions were perfect. The ride hesitates when I push the gas pedal at about 60 - 80km/hr. I did all the troubleshooting I could. No result. I scanned the ride and yet no result. After so many days, I felt i should check my camshaft sensor (near the oil cap) and it was a bit loose. I had to fix it back securely and now, my ride is back to life. Am so happy.

Solution
a) scan your ride
if there is no positive result

b) then do manual checks.

Re: My Sienna 2001/2002 Model Drags by esiri4jesu(m): 7:26pm On Jan 18, 2016
boldx:

I had the same experience for the past 2 weeks. . After my trip to the east, I came back and my sienna started dragging. The gear transitions were perfect. The ride hesitates when I push the gas pedal at about 60 - 80km/hr. I did all the troubleshooting I could. No result. I scanned the ride and yet no result. After so many days, I felt i should check my camshaft sensor (near the oil cap) and it was a bit loose. I had to fix it back securely and now, my ride is back to life. Am so happy.

Solution
a) scan your ride
if there is no positive result
Thanks for the info

b) then do manual checks.

(1) (Reply)

Beetle Bug What Is The Major Problem Of This Car Pls / What Is Wrong With My Car? / I Need Lube Bay Equipments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.