Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,329 members, 7,819,132 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Nearly Fall Into The Hands Of Scammers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nearly Fall Into The Hands Of Scammers (1073 Views)

Paddy Adenuga: "I Nearly Acquired Chevron Netherlands At 29" / Scammers New Tactics (pic) / Beware Of These Scammers In Town. Am A Victim. (pics)!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nearly Fall Into The Hands Of Scammers by adebayoggt(m): 5:41pm On Jan 16, 2016
I received an e mail from my bank about a debit alert on my account about a customer digest and was also asked to follow a link if I would like to decline the debit.
when I opened the link it really looks convincing and a column was provided to give my user name and token in order to stop the bank from debiting my account. I've already given my user name when I decided to pause and ask the banks twitter handle what the customers digest was really about and I also sent a mail to the contact center attaching the copy of the mail I received.
It was then I discovered that the mail purportedly from the bank has a gmail handle.
I reply d mail and also sent a mail to my banks contact center with the attachment of mail first received.
later the bank replied me that the mail did not emanate from them.the link is no longer opening. I wonder how many would have fallen victim.
my question how did the scammer get my e- mail address.
my question how did the scammer get my e mail account?

Re: Nearly Fall Into The Hands Of Scammers by adebayoggt(m): 5:46pm On Jan 16, 2016
the saving grace was that it changed my mind to confirm from the bank first before continuing on giving the remaining info.I've already given my user name.people should beware.I beleive this people have an insider in the banks that gives info.
Re: Nearly Fall Into The Hands Of Scammers by bodejohn(m): 6:06pm On Jan 16, 2016
Still beats my imagination how people fall for this cheap Internet scams. How will a bank in Nigeria send you a mail from @gmail account?

I have lost count of several similar mails that I have received, if it gets lucky to reach my inbox, it will find its way back into the spam folder at my first log-on.

Apart from the fact that scammers use extractors for email addresses, forum users show be weary of how many times they drop their emails on useless threads like cheat codes and get rich quick schemes.

2 Likes

Re: Nearly Fall Into The Hands Of Scammers by Tylerdan(m): 6:08pm On Jan 16, 2016
I GOT THIS SCAM MAIL TOO TODAY. I THANK GOD I HAVE A LITTLE BIT OF TRAINING IN IDENTIFYING FRUAD MAILS AND ALSO I DONT HAVE AN ACCOUNT IN ACCESS BANK
PLS GUYS ALWAYS 1. VERIFY THE EMAIL OF THE SENDER TO ANY MAIL
2. NEVER CONNECT TO YOUR BANKING SITE FROM A LINK IN AN EMAIL ALWAYS USE UR BROWSER DIRECT
3. NEVER RESPOND TO ANY TRANSACTION YOU ARE NOT AWARE OFF
4. HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT OFFICERS NUMBER EASILY ACCESSIBLE
Re: Nearly Fall Into The Hands Of Scammers by adebayoggt(m): 7:14pm On Jan 16, 2016
my error was that I clicked on the link directly and when I was asked for the user name I see no harm but when asked for token and pin that's when I paused.and when I click on reply that's when I saw the gmail.
the scammer try sha! if you see the page when the link open men! it's a replica of the original.
Re: Nearly Fall Into The Hands Of Scammers by adebayoggt(m): 7:18pm On Jan 16, 2016
the original mail you will not notice the gmail

Re: Nearly Fall Into The Hands Of Scammers by grandstar(m): 2:21am On Jan 17, 2016
I was at a cybercafe the other day and someone approached me saying he could design a fake bank website and whether I will be interested. I wss speechless
Re: Nearly Fall Into The Hands Of Scammers by adebayoggt(m): 9:56am On Jan 20, 2016
grandstar:
I was at a cybercafe the other day and someone approached me saying he could design a fake bank website and whether I will be interested. I wss speechless

that's how they clone the original site and swindle people of hard earned cash.

(1) (Reply)

Do Micro Finance Bank Accept Land As Collateral / Prices Of Petrol In Some African Countries / Skye Bank MD , Top Management Executives Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.