Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,575 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

True Meaning Of Love. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / True Meaning Of Love. (485 Views)

The True Meaning Of Jesus' Baptism / Easter Day Significance And True Meaning!!! / The Hidden And True Meaning Of GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

True Meaning Of Love. by Ibukun003(m): 11:47am On Jan 17, 2016
If I speak in tongues of men and of angels , but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbals.
If I have the gifts of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast. it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

For we know in parts and prophecy in part,
but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

Now we see a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest these is LOVE.

(1 Corinthians 13)

Happy Sunday nairalanders.

1 Like

Re: True Meaning Of Love. by Phumzee92: 10:32am On May 15, 2016
Lovely write up.... Keep it up!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna Prophet To Fr. Mbaka: Nobody Plotting To Kill Buhar Maybe You Plan / Pastor Claims He Visited Land Of The Death To Retrieve A Dead Woman's Passport I / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 28/01/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.