Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? (23176 Views)

How Do I Restart My Battle Over The Use Of Prostitutes After Series Of Relapse? / Does God Really Answer Prayers? / Does God Answer Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 17, 2016
Hello house; I'm here again...

Before I go on to my story; I want all to understand what fasting truly entails(for those that might not know)...

According to the scriptures ; Psalm 35:13 - "but as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth; I fast to humble my Soul and my prayers kept returning to my bossom "

What fasting does is to starve your soul of any earthly pleasure (Food,drinks,television,sleep), so ur spirit can concentrate on God and draw closer, you pray passionately...

Well as for your's truly here; anytime I fast (starve of food) ; Both my spirit and my soul gets conquered; I can't even lift a finger, talkless of pray...

Moreso; from my beloveth scriptures, When we pray in his name in truth and in faith (We musn't fast) God hears us

My church happens to be on a 21days fasting program, and everyone is suppose to fast; but because of what my bible says, and my knowledge that God hears my prayer Whether fasting or full, I usually eat very well and join them in prayers...

So My question is; What is the use of fasting When God still anwers our prayers even on a full stomach?? As some only get strong for spiritual warfare when they eat?

16 Likes

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by VickyRotex(f): 2:33pm On Jan 17, 2016
That's the problem!

Until you realise/understand that fasting isnt all about asking God for something/praying for something, then you'll be able to answer your question.

And fasting isnt about "Not eating food" just like you said above.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by VickyRotex(f): 2:37pm On Jan 17, 2016
Just to add. I remember having this conversation with someone, and then after giving my own opinion, I made further research. And below is what I got. Which I believe explains better especially from experience.

>>Fasting was an expected discipline in both the Old and New Testament eras. For example, Moses fasted at least two recorded forty-day periods. Jesus fasted 40 days and reminded His followers to fast, "when you fast," not if you fast.

>>Fasting and prayer can restore the loss of the "first love" for your Lord and result in a more intimate relationship with Christ.

>>Fasting is a biblical way to truly humble yourself in the sight of God (Psalm 35:13; Ezra 8:21). King David said, "I humble myself through fasting."

>>Fasting enables the Holy Spirit to reveal your true spiritual condition, resulting in brokenness, repentance, and a transformed life.

The Holy Spirit will quicken the Word of God in your heart and His truth will become more meaningful to you!
Fasting can transform your prayer life into a richer and more personal experience.

>>Fasting can result in a dynamic personal revival in your own life-and make you a channel of revival to others.

>>Fasting and prayer are the only disciplines that fulfill the requirements of II Chronicles 7:14:
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

>>If you fast, you will find yourself being humbled as I did. You will discover more time to pray and seek God's face. And as He leads you to recognize and repent of unconfessed sin, you will experience special blessings from God.

Source: cru. Org

However, I'm not saying until you fast before the Holy Spirit ministers to you.

Also, look up Matthew 17:21

130 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 17, 2016
Great comment

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Carowline(f): 2:44pm On Jan 17, 2016
Atheists on the loose..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by sithblogger: 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2016
Asking for a friend sha
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2016
Fasting is God's way of teaching us the ultimate lesson of Christianity.....that our relationship with God is not dependent on external or internal circumstances.....or on how good we feel inside.It is based on our conscious decision as Christians to follow God when things are not comfortable with us.

If you do not face hardship as a Christian....you can never learn to appreciate the goodness of God.

(I hate to grumble...but can we have less controversial topics about Christianity please...and more about how to live the Christian life, especially in Nigeria.Because....Nigerian Christians are the most religious....yet we take bribes, are tribalist, pervert the course of justice, commit sexual immorality, tell lies and so on....and instead of topics on how to live the Christian life practically in Nigeria...we get controversial topics. Sorry....I do not want to be offensive....but really!)

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by EddyNumerouno(m): 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
Fasting mustn't be deprivation of food

cowgirl9090:

please Explain

*Modified*
Fasting is denial of yourself anything that gives you pleasure. That's why deprivation of food is usually the baseline.

If I derive more pleasure from between my GF's thighs or playing Fifa 16, my fasting will be to forsake these pleasures and use that time to pray and seek God's face.

There's a portion of Esther that reported the King Fasting in the night (by refusing to drink wine).

The summary of all this "turanci" is 'Principles produce methods, and not the other way round'.

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
my people perish for they lack knowledge..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by winner01(m): 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
Many christians have questions, serious questions and they arnt getting the answers they need.
Many of your questions are answered in the link below.
Free, precise and detailed answers.

http://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by superior1: 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
Matthew 17:21

21"But this kind (of demons) does not go out except by prayer and fasting."

Fasting and praying are spiritual exercises that keep you spirit fit

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by CR77(f): 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
grin grin @OP you are on ur own cool
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by kenbee(f): 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
God oh
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
Ntin
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by secretbae: 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
hmmmm
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by allanphash7(m): 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
Mehn

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by carbony4red(m): 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
Na 1 lifeline remain for u...........................................................

Call a friend.
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Sweetguy25: 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
LMAO
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Ladyo142: 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
In my opinion ,fasting
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by sharisto(m): 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
Did u come across the Scripture dat says FAST AND PRAY.....yes or no

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by AdamsToyin: 2:48pm On Jan 17, 2016
Me sef dey reason am

1 Like

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by bashsani(m): 2:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
Fasting is not all about prayers but perseverance discipline and sacrifice in the course of Allah. I'm very sure if u shud b tested by hunger or any form of hardship u will give in to devil
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
Mark 9:29 should answer you!!!!!
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by veekid(m): 2:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
Your pastor no dey around?
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by rollUP(m): 2:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
Hh
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Ladyo142: 2:50pm On Jan 17, 2016
In my opinion ,fasting is a personal choice,when you are pained or down you can choose to avoid the consumption of any food,like saying ,"God please,am starving myself ,and i would not eat till you answer me".

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by cold(m): 2:50pm On Jan 17, 2016
Lol..god is really a queer fella. Just imagine all the torture and torment one has to go through just to get his attention. Such an egomaniac. It would have been funny if it wasn't so disturbing.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by jmoore(m): 2:50pm On Jan 17, 2016
Even Jesus Christ fasted while on earth.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Redlabel: 2:50pm On Jan 17, 2016
Fasting means denying yourself of all earthly pleasures like food, drinks etc. People fast to concentrate or because they are praying for a particular thing they have been expecting and there seems to be delay

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by DOABABA1: 2:50pm On Jan 17, 2016
AdamsToyin:
Me sef dey reason am
you no get bible nii or u no dey go church which one u no read where Paul advised that we should always fast

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Four (4) Lies That Steal Our Self-worth / Members Dedicate Children, Cars At Word Alive Church In Abuja (Photos) / 'So Critics Are More Important Than Bandits?'- Apostle Suleman Asks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.