Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

GTBANK SCAM On Debit Card Payments Is Getting Out Of Hand - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBANK SCAM On Debit Card Payments Is Getting Out Of Hand (1840 Views)

Nigeria’ll Start Getting Out Of Recession In Q4, Says Emefiele / Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. / Precautionary Tips To Help Minimize Scam On Your Atm/debit/credit Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTBANK SCAM On Debit Card Payments Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2016
First i have been seeing people complain about GTBank Exchange rate on Naira MasterCard against the dollar payment which i always laughed at them.(its was funny because i wasn't affected).

Today, I wanted to make a payment on a Local Website in Naira using Interswitch but my Naira Mastercard wasnt with me so i decided to try my Dollar Visa card from GTBank if it would work. I tried it, behold it worked. I wanted to make purchase of N100.

$0.54 USD was deducted from my account. When i made some calculations, i realize the rate was N185!!! Instead of N199 or the N285 they charge on Naira Cards. I thought Dollar - Naira is 285(GTBlack Market)?? Now I am paying for Naira product with dollar denominated card and the rate is 185?? This is serious. Not even 199 official rate.

EFCC Should probe this bank. The fraud is too much.

4 Likes

Re: GTBANK SCAM On Debit Card Payments Is Getting Out Of Hand by bigtt76(f): 4:13pm On Jan 17, 2016
That means they bought the dollar from you at N185 less than official rate because the amount is not up to $1 just like those Abok1s do when exchanging lower denominated currency against what they would pay you when exchanging higher denominations Hehehehe black market bank

coolsix:
First i have been seeing people complain about GTBank Exchange rate on Naira MasterCard against the dollar payment which i always laughed at them.(its was funny because i wasn't affected).
Today, I wanted to make a payment on a Local Website in Naira using Interswitch but my Naira Mastercard wasnt with me so i decided to try my Dollar Visa card from GTBank if it would work. I tried it, behold it worked. I wanted to make purchase of N100.
$0.54 USD was deducted from my account. When i made some calculations, i realize the rate was N185!!! Instead of N199 or the N285 they charge on Naira Cards. I thought Dollar - Naira is 285(GTBlack Market)?? Now I am paying for Naira product with dollar denominated card and the rate is 185?? This is serious. Not even 199 official rate.
EFCC Should probe this bank. The fraud is too much.
Re: GTBANK SCAM On Debit Card Payments Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
bigtt76:
That means they bought the dollar from you at N185 less than official rate because the amount is not up to $1 just like those Abok1s do when exchanging lower denominated currency against what they would pay you when exchanging higher denominations Hehehehe black market bank

This is really a black market bank. And don't be surprised that even when it's greater than $1 the rate will be N180 angry

This bank feels untouchable.
Re: GTBANK SCAM On Debit Card Payments Is Getting Out Of Hand by bigtt76(f): 4:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
Learnt EFCC is on their case though under the Dasuki Security Funds Charity Foundation issues grin

coolsix:

This is really a black market bank. And don't be surprised that even when it's greater than $1 the rate will be N180 angry

This bank feels untouchable.
Re: GTBANK SCAM On Debit Card Payments Is Getting Out Of Hand by Codedzng: 4:40pm On Jan 17, 2016
They are fraudulent Bank.... I hate them

1 Like

Re: GTBANK SCAM On Debit Card Payments Is Getting Out Of Hand by bedfordng(m): 7:50pm On Jan 17, 2016
they are into this trend due to the fact that we don't have regulations guiding customers when it comes to exchange rate
Re: GTBANK SCAM On Debit Card Payments Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
And it's not as if other banks are better. They are all birds of the same feather
Re: GTBANK SCAM On Debit Card Payments Is Getting Out Of Hand by ModestSam(m): 11:53pm On Jan 17, 2016
I've been a victim as well, called GTB customer service, and I was told they source their forex from the black market hence the difference to the official rates.
Re: GTBANK SCAM On Debit Card Payments Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 04, 2017
Gtbank 378/$1 as at 4/05/17

(1) (Reply)

Bank Overdraft. Meaning, When And Why You Need One / Make Money From Your Used Engine Oil. / Is Firstbank Network Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.