Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,713 members, 7,851,439 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:19 PM

God Is Holy; God Is Love - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Holy; God Is Love (578 Views)

Is Holy Ghost Fire Prayer Biblical? / The Holy God / Pastor Makes Congregants Suck His Pen’is In Church, Says His Semen Is Holy Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is Holy; God Is Love by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 17, 2016
Scripture:“Do idols belong in the temple of God? We are the temple of the living God, as God himself says, ‘I will live with these people and walk among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people.’  The Lord also says, ‘Leave them and stay away! Don’t touch anything that isn’t clean. Then I will welcome you and be your Father. You will be my sons and my daughters, as surely as I am God, the All-Powerful.’” 2 Corinthians 6:16-18

Many say God’s holiness makes him judgmental, demanding a very high moral standard. Others say if God is loving, then he won’t condemn anyone but all will go to Heaven.

Are God’s holiness and love opposite extremes?

What's your opinion on this?
Re: God Is Holy; God Is Love by psucc(m): 11:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
These are but characters of the Almighty God.

God's love is expressed in His holiness. Just as a father will admonish his done never to take anything he(the child) knows doesn't belong to him. And that such is thieving and attracts both condemnation and punishment.

If the child disobey and stole, when caught he must face the consequence of his action. The father will do nothing to save him.

I pray the Holy Spirit will add understanding to this in Jesus name Amen.
Re: God Is Holy; God Is Love by cloudgoddess(f): 11:08pm On Jan 17, 2016
'A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.' 1st Timoty 2:12 & 13.

Is that loving?
Re: God Is Holy; God Is Love by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 19, 2016
amen

psucc:
These are but characters of the Almighty God.

God's love is expressed in His holiness. Just as a father will admonish his done never to take anything he(the child) knows doesn't belong to him. And that such is thieving and attracts both condemnation and punishment.

If the child disobey and stole, when caught he must face the consequence of his action. The father will do nothing to save him.

I pray the Holy Spirit will add understanding to this in Jesus name Amen.
Re: God Is Holy; God Is Love by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 19, 2016
I think its a command from God.

cloudgoddess:
'A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.' 1st Timoty 2:12 & 13.

Is that loving?
Re: God Is Holy; God Is Love by cloudgoddess(f): 4:06am On Jan 20, 2016
Lizabeth25:
I think its a command from God.

But is that a loving command?

If your father told you you are not allowed to speak in public unless a man allowed you to, would you consider that a loving instruction? Or would you consider it hurtful to your humanity as a woman?
Re: God Is Holy; God Is Love by Nobody: 5:51am On Jan 20, 2016
My Father must have known that it's not right! "Honour thy father and thy mother......."

Or have you forgotten that part

cloudgoddess:

But is that a loving command?

If your father told you you are not allowed to speak in public unless a man allowed you to, would you consider that a loving instruction? Or would you consider it hurtful to your humanity as a woman?
Re: God Is Holy; God Is Love by cloudgoddess(f): 3:15am On Jan 22, 2016
Lizabeth25:
My Father must have known that it's not right! "Honour thy father and thy mother......."

Or have you forgotten that part

But God says it is right.

(1) (Reply)

Catholics Are Bearing Your Shame’: Open Letter To Father Ejike Mbaka / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 06/02/16 / Let’s Talk About Church Taxation In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.