Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,823 members, 7,817,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Hip Replacement Surgery, Nigeria Or India? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hip Replacement Surgery, Nigeria Or India? (1080 Views)

Nengi Rachel Fubara Has Cancer. Needs N12m For Surgery. Laura Ikeji Reacts (Pics / Kenyan Man With World's Biggest Manhood And Testicles Undergoes Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hip Replacement Surgery, Nigeria Or India? by Inkblood: 1:50pm On Jan 18, 2016
hello guys, my father is a lower right leg amputee and he had his amputation done in late 2013 at the national orthopaedic hospital. he has been using a prosthetic leg but in late 2015 he had a terrible fall and had severe pains in his hip, on that right leg which he uses the prosthesis on, immobilizing him and when we went back to the hospital we were told he had a fracture in his hip and it would require a partial hip replacement surgery. sadly, the doctor wasnt feeling chatty and did not tell us much about this hip replacement surgery just the cost(about 200k) and managed to tell us, when he saw my dad wasnt pleased with this option, that there was a total hip replacement option available if we had enough money for it(over a million). although the doctor suggested that he would be able to still make use of the prosthesis after the surgery, my dad has been very skeptical about the whole thing, which led me to talk to him about considering going to india for the procedure. before going to google hospitals in india and all that i decided to ask you guys some questions first if anyone knows how successful the operation procedure is here in nigeria and if there is really any need to consider going to india for it, as it would be the first time he is going there. also i reckon the hip replacement surgery is quite common but if anyone knows of any amputees that have had it done and still uses their prosthesis as i imagine it might not be uncommon for amputees to have this procedure done. thank you very much for your help guys.
Re: Hip Replacement Surgery, Nigeria Or India? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 18, 2016
Inkblood:
hello guys, my father is a lower right leg amputee and he had his amputation done in late 2013 at the national orthopaedic hospital. he has been using a prosthetic leg but in late 2015 he had a terrible fall and had severe pains in his hip, on that right leg which he uses the prosthesis on, immobilizing him and when we went back to the hospital we were told he had a fracture in his hip and it would require a partial hip replacement surgery. sadly, the doctor wasnt feeling chatty and did not tell us much about this hip replacement surgery just the cost(about 200k) and managed to tell us, when he saw my dad wasnt pleased with this option, that there was a total hip replacement option available if we had enough money for it(over a million). although the doctor suggested that he would be able to still make use of the prosthesis after the surgery, my dad has been very skeptical about the whole thing, which led me to talk to him about considering going to india for the procedure. before going to google hospitals in india and all that i decided to ask you guys some questions first if anyone knows how successful the operation procedure is here in nigeria and if there is really any need to consider going to india for it, as it would be the first time he is going there. also i reckon the hip replacement surgery is quite common but if anyone knows of any amputees that have had it done and still uses their prosthesis as i imagine it might not be uncommon for amputees to have this procedure done. thank you very much for your help guys.

Unical teaching hospital bro... My friend did his there "2013"till date he is fine, i understand what he is going thru
Re: Hip Replacement Surgery, Nigeria Or India? by Inkblood: 1:17pm On Jan 19, 2016
miszeno:

Unical teaching hospital bro... My friend did his there "2013"till date he is fine, i understand what he is going thru

thank you very much. i am actually based in lagos and thinking of having the surgery carried out in NOHI igbobi, thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

People Now Insert Their HIV Blood Into Fruits? / Baby Born With Unusually Large Head Successfully Undergoes Surgery / Magnificent Eyes From Around World - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.