Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,792 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This (19865 Views)

Nigerian Landlord Found Prepaid Meters In A Village in Ghana (Video) / Two Nigerians In Dublin Fight Their Landlord Who Wanted To Evict Them (Video) / Tree Growing In Between A House In Benin (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This by write2obi(m): 3:47pm On Mar 22, 2016
Are you about to tile your project? Do you need a professional help/advice about tiles or tiling? Do you need quotations or estimations about your house? Are you having problems taking measurements of your projects? Give us a call
Here at Oblinks lntegrated Service Nig. we offer you high quality Tiles, Skirtings, Mosaic tiles and Tiling materials (Indian white and colored cements, tile cleaning chemicals, tile cutters) at great prices, we will also offer you the best professional tiling services. We also do waybill to all parts of the country and near by countries.

Our office is at: Shop 16 Line i. Building Materials International Market Ogidi Anambra state.

For further inquiries
Call: 08032733229
What's app: 09085555202
Email: Oblinksintegrated@gmail.com

Re: Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This by hakeem4(m): 3:47pm On Mar 22, 2016
Buildertobadt:
Okay...so now that you actually opened this, it shows how really interested (or maybe serious) you are in becoming a landlord this year. grin
As a building construction professional with several years of experience in the industry, I have come to see that despite the fact that many people have the sincere desire to become owners of their own home as soon as possible, they also ironically indulge in habits and lifestyles that keep denying them of achieving this golden goal. This often results in many people spending in excess and taking longer than necessary to complete their building projects. One would not blame these set of people due to prevailing economic situations and other responsibilities to cater for, but the reality remains that achieving life goals such as owning personal residence is one of the greatest joys one can have in life.
Industry trend over decades makes it clear that majority of Nigerians would prefer to build their homes from the scratch to personal taste rather than buy from property developers. In fact, those who go on to buy from developers still end up doing major renovations which is usually another capital intensive project on it's own. This shows that indeed, home ownership, like every other property acquisition is a matter of desired taste/quality.
The foregoing brings to mind the fact that the 3 basic essentials that every home builder (be it client or contractor) would want to maximize in every building project are Cost, Quality and Time. As a result of this, I wish to share 5 simple but useful tips below with dear Nairalanders in order help make the most of your home building experience and have the fulfillment of quality execution.
1. Be Sure of What You Want To Build and Stick to The Plan
One of the reasons why some people begin their home project and are unable to finish it is that they never really had a clear idea of what they want to build or live in. It would surprise you that some Nigerians just tell a builder or contractor to come up with a 'nice' plan and start building until they get stuck at a point that where they realize that they do not really like the upcoming structure or they cannot afford the cost implication.
Having a simple and clear building design done by an Architect (which doesnt have to be so expensive) is a fundamental step that any intending home owner must take. This would save the future landlord a lot of headaches as there would be no undue correction which would inflate the building budget.
2. Prepare an Estimated Budget to Work With
It is always a very wise decision to have an budget estimate (or range of figure) for any intended project execution or property acquisition. Apart from the fact that it helps one to set aside the money (or save towards as the case may apply) for the buidling project, there is a guiding sense of expenditure and release of funds as the building project proper goes on.
It is always advisable to get a good quantity surveyor to prepare a Bill of Quantity for the proposed building project based on the Architectural drawings (inclusive of structural and Mechanical&Electrical drawings) depending on the size of the building.
3. Hire Capable and Experienced Building professionals
The construction industry is probably the most infiltrated with untrained and inexperienced people claiming to have capacity to
execute building projects that they actually cannot. The reason is not far fetched : such unscrupulous individuals are just interested
enriching themselves with your money with no true sense of responsibility to deliver you a quality, budget-friendly house constructed in
your desired time frame.It is advisable that intending home owners do some due diligence by consulting trusted friends and family members
who have already satisfactorily built their homes. The membership data base of professional building societies can also be checked for registered
reputable contractors and requests for bids can be sent to them for your project.
4. Ensure That Appropriate Quality and Quantity of Materials Needed are Purchased
A finished building that will be the joy of the owner and envy of neighbours and visitors is as good as the constituent materials used to build it;
right from the foundation to the roof. When it comes to materials used building construction, a good balance of the quality and quantity matters a lot! It is therefore needful for the home owner to ask questions from the contractor/supervisor on the needed materials for every phase of construction and the variety of options available.Ranging from type of sand to be used for foundation or wall plastering, up to the best cement brands and the best types of floor tiles quality in the market up to the best wood grade for roofing, materials have to be given careful consideration before procurement.
I will personally recommend WWW.CRIBPARK.COM to anyone who is currently building or intends to build their house with the best quality yet budget friendly materials available across market in Lagos. I have friends (both home owners and contractors alike) who have used their service to procure building materials. You can call their hotline 08068839618 for further inquiries.
5. Create Good Time to Visit Your Building site (whether or not work is ongoing)
If you want your building project completed on time, you have to set out good time yourself to oversee work progress periodically.
That you have hired someone with experience or very familiar to you as contractor or supervisor does not mean you should be a AWOL
at construction of your own future home. Pay unannounced visits to your site and spend brief but quality time to observe for yourself
how well (or otherwise) work is being carried out on your building site.You can make this is a weekly, fortnightly or monthly habit, depending
on how busy you are per time, the size of the building project or rate at which work is progressing.
I hope you find this piece helpful somehow. I wish you the very best and Godspeed as you get to work on activating your home ownership plan.
Thanks.

Please who's more important during construction

1) structural engineer

2) architect
Re: Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This by Humulity: 3:48pm On Mar 22, 2016
I want to open a thread on Nairaland, how do I post my article? Advice please.
Re: Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This by agarawu23(m): 3:52pm On Mar 22, 2016
Op nice one
Re: Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This by agarawu23(m): 3:53pm On Mar 22, 2016
Humulity:
I want to open a thread on Nairaland, how do I post my article? Advice please.
after being a member for 6yrs shocked
Re: Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This by Xzevian(m): 4:08pm On Mar 22, 2016
Contact us at Paradox Granite Enterprises for your granite chippings direct frm d source! call or wattsapp 08067748960, 08093102705.
Re: Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This by jeftalene(m): 5:02pm On Mar 22, 2016
Heavens Design-Build Contractors Ltd, RC 1288467.

We are professional contractors.

We design and build anywhere in Nigeria at moderate cost and issue warranty on all our projects such that you are guaranteed of a building (residential/commercial) that will stand the test of time.

Phone: 08167394799.

Re: Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This by Hero10001: 5:42pm On Mar 22, 2016
You wanna build a house?! Go get a copy of; "Think like" Billionaire"~ Trump. Thank me later.
Re: Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This by Buildertobadt: 5:45pm On Mar 22, 2016
Thanks
Kaira333:
Nice one
Re: Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This by Buildertobadt: 5:55pm On Mar 22, 2016
Hello @tunwumi,

Lol....No, this is not another '#DasikiGate housing scam'. This is just an effort to guide intending home owners with proven and tested information to help them build a quality home in good time and best budget. The recommendation of www.cribpark.com is as a result of their proven results and services to many people building theirs home. They are not in anyway a scammer nor fraudulent. It will be good to give them a try. Thanks for your comment.
tunwumi:
Is this another #DasikiGate housing scam?
Re: Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This by Buildertobadt: 6:09pm On Mar 22, 2016
Hello @Kaira333,

It will not be possible to give you an exact estimate of the budget of building a 6 bedroom flat 2 -storey building. This is because factors like the condition of the soil on site (foundation cost) and the site location itself goes a long way in influencing the size of the total building cost.

Kaira333:
Op like how much is involved in building 6 flats ie 2 storey building
Re: Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This by A1Round: 11:53pm On Mar 22, 2016
9s 1
Re: Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This by olukaygold(m): 7:10am On Mar 23, 2016
Kaira333:
Op like how much is involved in building 6 flats ie 2 storey building
it depends on the area or location...hook me up on whatsapp with08162907678 for more details.am a professional builder.
Re: Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This by Buildertobadt: 10:40am On Mar 23, 2016
Hello @hakeem4

I would like to think of this as a trick question because any professional within the construction industry will tell you that the roles of both the structural engineer and the architect are very critical towards the success, beauty and safety of any building project. While the Architect initiates the building concept, design and aesthetics from the onset to the end of the project, the main role of the structural engineer is to ensure that the building is constructed safely and stably by calculating and designing for correct loading limits all through the building project as well.

So, I would say that both professionals complement each others roles in any construction project, just the builder, M&E engineer, QS and others as well play important roles.

Thanks for your question.

hakeem4:

Please who's more important during construction

1) structural engineer

2) architect

1 Like

Re: Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This by Buildertobadt: 6:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
You still have 9 months to execute or complete your personal home building project in 2016. www.cribpark.com is here to the rescue for your materials procurement needs and other consultancy services as project management and recommendation of fittings installation experts. You will be grateful you did.
Re: Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This by realomonile: 8:51am On Mar 24, 2016
agarawu23:
the land @ akesan is the one with foundation?
And don't tell us that land is a dry land with the foundation on top.

Akesan before igando ryt?

Akesan before igando.. Yeah the one with foundation is not a dry land..

Is the 4 plot that is dry.. Fence.. Facing xpress way.. So i post 2 land deir
Re: Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This by djunit1(m): 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
jeftalene:
Heavens Design-Build Contractors Ltd, RC 1288467.

We are professional contractors.

We design and build anywhere in Nigeria at moderate cost and issue warranty on all our projects such that you are guaranteed of a building (residential/commercial) that will stand the test of time.

Phone: 08167394799.

Oga, can you please give me a rough estimate of this plan? I mean all the materials needed and how much you think the labor would cost.

Thanks

Re: Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This by Jidbel(m): 9:52am On Mar 30, 2016
I like this concept. Good insights shared and nice business service. I hope your service is as good as our word.
Re: Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This by Buildertobadt: 5:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
Thanks @Jidbel. We look forward to serving you well.
Re: Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This by Buildertobadt: 12:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
Throwback.....Our dreams and plans can always be achieved so far we sustain the energy and zeal at it's conception. May your home ownership plans come to pass. Cheers!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nice Building Designs With Refined Aesthetic Value / Cost Of Decking / 13 Of The Dumbest Construction Fails Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.