Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,529 members, 7,812,646 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria (12532 Views)

Kofi Adjorlolo And Son Sleeping With Ama Richest, Same Woman? / Reasons Why Showbiz Entrepreneurs In Abuja Take Years To Make Fame / Top 5 Richest Comedians In Nigeria And What They Charge Per Show (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by kay29000(m): 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2016
We live in a fast world, where everyone wants everything to happen fast, and information is disseminated even faster. People no longer want to wait till the evening papers come out before knowing what's up, they want to get the news minutes after it breaks. They also want to hear the music immediately it is released without going to the store to get it in tape or CD format. Millions of Nigerians no longer want to go to the store to get the latest Jordans, or Louboutin shoes, they want to sit in the comfort of their homess and order for it online. This facts and many more have led to the new breed of millionaires we have in Nigeria- Rich Internet Entrepreneurs.

We at a time when every information is at the tip of your fingers (thanks to Google), and with the right level of determination and passion, you can achieve your dreams faster. You can, with your laptop and Internet connection, build a world-class company in your disorganized bedroom. Today, I am going to list 5 individuals, ordinary like you and me, who build their businesses from scratch. Walk with me.

5. Seun Osewa (Founder of Nairaland.com)
Very few people know the name- Seun Osewa, but millions of Nigerians (young and old) visit Nairaland.com daily. The Forum/Website was founded by Seun in 2005, a few years after he dropped out of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife. The forum gets an estimated 5 million pageviews daily.

He has since left off the Google Adsense ads on his site, and now gets direct ad placements. But, from the look of various empty ad spaces (boxes containing the words- How To PLACE TARGETED ADS on Nairaland) on the forum, it is clear he hasn't gotten a hang of it, and not fully maximizing the high level of traffic the forum gets daily. Experts have pegged him at earning between 10-15 million Naira Ad money from his forum monthly.

4. Linda Ikeji (Owner of Lindaikejisblog.com)
The number one blog site in the country, Lindaikejisblog.com (formerly, lindaikeji..com) is run solely by former model, 35 year old Linda Ikeji. Even though there are a number of other Nigerian websites that get more traffic than her blog site, no one gets more direct Ads than Linda...No one. The way she makes her money is not hearsay or gossip, but fact that anyone with basic arithmetic skills can add up.

Linda has a bunch of rectangular banners on her site, which cost N500,000 a month to place ads in. There are 20 of them, which brings her income up to 10 million Naira montly for the rectangular Ads. A long leader-board banner at the top cost a million Naira a month, and the total takeover of the blog's background cost 4 million a week (that's potentially 16 million a month). Then she also does one-off guest post every day which cost 50k. She does an average of 6 of those a day, which brings her income in this area to 300k a day, and 9 million a month. Now, let's do the addition- 10 plus 16 plus 9 equals 35 million Naira monthly...plus or minus. So, now you see why she can afford the kind of luxury lifestyle she lives.

3. Jason Njoku (C.E.O of Iroko TV)
There is the saying- if you don't like the way things are, fix it. Jason Nkoju didn't like the fact that he couldn't get Nollywood movies to watch on Youtube while in London, so in 2009, he moved to Lagos and started buying off digital rights/online license of Nollywood movies (snagging them up for as cheap as $100 per film back in the days), and then airing them online for a fee. He first started out putting up the movies on his Youtube channel, NollywoodLove, before he went on to launch Iroko TV (in 2011), a platform that provides paid-for Nigerian films on-demand.

Between 2012 and 2014, Iroko TV got funding from various hedge fund companies, totaling $22 million. The company continues to grow, and is currently the world's largest digital distribution of African movies. It is sort of like a Nigerian Netflix. It now buys up online rights to Nollywood movies at about $5,000 for a film. Analysts believe Iroko TV could be worth an estimated $30 million and C.E.O Jason Njoku is the company's largest individual shareholder.

2. Akin Alabi (Nairabet Founder)
I remember going for Akin Alabi's seminar's back in the late 2000s. In fact, half of what I know about making money online, from blogging to information marketing was introduced to me by Otunba Akin Alabi. A very enthusiastic serial entrepreneur with a magnetism that would charm you into paying him any amount he demands for his time.

In 2009, Akin Alabi went on to establish NairaBET, Nigeria's first online spots betting portal. Right now, the company has grown on to own over 100 outlets around the country. Akin Alabi recently signed rapper, Phyno as a brand ambassador for NairaBET to help grow the business. Even though competition is currently very stiff, analysts put NairaBET's worth at about $50 million.

1. Sim Shagaya (C.E.O of Konga)
This is an interesting one. After serving in the Nigerian Military for a short while, Sim Shagaya went abroad to further his education. He is a graduate of George Washington University and Dartmouth College in the U.S. He also holds an M.B.A certificate from the prestigious Harvard Business School in America. With qualifications like this, you should know this man is no joke.

The 39 year old entrepreneur is the Founder/C.E.O of Konga.com, a Nigerian electronic commerce company founded in 2012. He is also the Chairman of Dealday.com, a similar e-commerce company in the country. With Konga's net worth estimated at over $200 million as at it's last round of investments in 2014 (information revealed by its chief investor, Naspers), Sim Shagaya is our number one richest Nigerian internet entrepreneur.

http://outoftheordinary101..com.ng/2016/01/top-5-richest-internet-entrepreneurs-in.html

Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by kay29000(m): 5:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
Below is the picture of the richest Internet entrepreneur in Nigeria, Sim Shagaya...

Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by cruzita(f): 5:52pm On Jan 18, 2016
so na seun be dat ?no wahala

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by cruzita(f): 5:54pm On Jan 18, 2016
shagaya I'm coming for u

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by jaymejate: 5:57pm On Jan 18, 2016
These cases of dropout becoming Internet gurus sha. I think initially, they dropped out to do yahoo yahoo b4 d better idea came grin

Seun my mentor, buh I'm not ready to drop out grin

Lalasticlala, drop out na, u go make amwink

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by kay29000(m): 5:59pm On Jan 18, 2016
jaymejate:
This cases of dropout becoming Internet gurus sha. I think initially, they dropped out to do yahoo yahoo b4 d better idea came grin

Is lala still in school?
Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by jaymejate: 6:01pm On Jan 18, 2016
kay29000:

Is lala still in school?

I think sogrin

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by kay29000(m): 6:02pm On Jan 18, 2016
jaymejate:

I think sogrin

Okay.
Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 18, 2016
It seems like it seun osewa be that. Good for him
Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by playtheblues(f): 6:19pm On Jan 18, 2016
Linda Ikeji is an English graduate of UNILAG.
jaymejate:
These cases of dropout becoming Internet gurus sha. I think initially, they dropped out to do yahoo yahoo b4 d better idea came grin

Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by Iamlordgee(m): 6:44pm On Jan 18, 2016
Why oga seun nor da first.. You nor da fear our oga
Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by jaymejate: 7:09pm On Jan 18, 2016
playtheblues:
Linda Ikeji is an English graduate of UNILAG.
Weytin consine me with Linda, i know her?

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by kay29000(m): 7:12pm On Jan 18, 2016
Iamlordgee:
Why oga seun nor da first.. You nor da fear our oga

No partiality here...we are dealing with facts.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by cescky(m): 7:31pm On Jan 18, 2016
the list is a personal view and i doubt its objectivity

sim shagaya 39?

seun a drop out?

i doubt your list mister
Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by sinaj(f): 8:03pm On Jan 18, 2016
Seun try nd hit the studio for a pic na sad

Op no go make money, b helpin them to calculate theirs
Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by kay29000(m): 9:00am On Jan 19, 2016
cescky:
the list is a personal view and i doubt its objectivity

sim shagaya 39?

seun a drop out?

i doubt your list mister

How can this be about personal view when everything stated is fact?

The owner of Nairaland dropped out of OAU- http://www.jarushub.com/from-fun-to-millions-how-seun-osewa-built-a-multi-million-dollar-online-venture-with-nairaland/

Sim Shagaya was born in 1976, do the math- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sim_Shagaya

Because people you believe should be on the list are not on it or not at the position you want doesn't discredit the list. I know this post has probably been hidden by now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by Olypeppy(f): 11:42am On Jan 19, 2016
sinaj:
Seun try nd hit the studio for a pic na sad

Op no go make money, b helpin them to calculate theirs
no mind am...go and take a shot at a photo studio really need to show my mum your the pix of the owner of nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by sinaj(f): 12:34pm On Jan 19, 2016
Olypeppy:
no mind am...go and take a shot at a photo studio really need to show my mum your the pix of the owner of nairaland.
lol

Maybe he is allergic to pix tongue
Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by TheAlchemist: 7:40pm On Mar 11, 2018
kay29000:
Below is the picture of the richest Internet entrepreneur in Nigeria, Sim Shagaya...

Please update your list!
Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 11, 2018
So Linda is richer than S.eun. Okay
Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by kay29000(m): 10:04pm On Mar 11, 2018
nuoladee:
So Linda is richer than S.eun. Okay

Ofcos... without a doubt. nairaland might get more traffic than Linda's blog, but Linda's blog is worth more to advertisers than nairaland.
Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by kaymart: 8:38pm On Mar 19, 2019
Re: Top 5 Richest Internet Entrepreneurs In Nigeria by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 8:47pm On Mar 19, 2019
kay29000:
Oga, where will you put Kunle Soname the owner of KC Gaming Network (Bet9ja). That guy dey rake in billions of naira everyday, and bet9ja is the second most visit site in Nigeria after google.

(1) (Reply)

Dem Mama Record Label Signing Upcoming Musical Artiste.call_08141691105 / I Don’t Have Issues With Runtown Anymore –yaw Naija / Breast Challenge Breaks Out On Twitter (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.