Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,625 members, 7,955,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:42 PM

Photos: Importance Of Fire Extinguisher. Fire Devours A Commercial Bus In Ibadan - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Photos: Importance Of Fire Extinguisher. Fire Devours A Commercial Bus In Ibadan (713 Views)

This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car / Types Of Vehicles And The Amount Of Fire Extinguisher(s) They Should Have – FRSC / Most Practical Location For A Fire Extinguisher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Importance Of Fire Extinguisher. Fire Devours A Commercial Bus In Ibadan by ArchNerd(m): 8:33pm On Jan 18, 2016
I was at the scene this afternoon, at a landmark called Moniya in Akinyele Local Government in Ibadan.

I saw how the fire slowly bursted out beneath the bus from the engine. Which could have been put off in no time with a FIRE EXTINGUISHER!

The bus driver had no fire extinguisher present in the bus, so he had to start calling for help from people around, but no one could produce a FIRE EXTINGUISHER for Christ's sake! Including His co-commercial drivers and some private vehicle owners present at the scene. Some said they have but it's empty.

All people could help him with were almighty fire solution: water+detergent, sand and shouts of "ina o, ina o" Omi o! which means "Fire! Fire!" Water! They weren't shouting for fire extinguisher! So sad!

Then I remembered how a commercial bus driver high on Ibadan weed and local dry gin almost stabbed an FRSC official for impounding his bus because he had no fire extinguisher in his bus.

Same applies to "some" private vehicle owners, most of them thinks the FRSC are being too stupid for asking them to have a working fire extinguishers in their cars.

You need to see the look on the driver's face, as he watched the source of his daily bread for him and his family being burnt down with passengers' goods inside.

I looked at him with great pity. sad cry

I think people need to understand the great importance of having a functioning fire extinguisher around always, not only in their cars, but also in their houses, because I know if you're not guilty of not having one in your car, you must be guilty of not having one in your house.

I know someone will comment " Hypocritical OP! Shey u sef get one for ur house? I know what some nairalanders are capable of! "Great people, Awesome Minds! I hail o! grin

Re: Photos: Importance Of Fire Extinguisher. Fire Devours A Commercial Bus In Ibadan by Starttell: 10:41pm On Jan 18, 2016
To an extent.. Tho.

(1) (Reply)

2017 Honda Fit Goes On Sale In The US From $15,990 / Hi Everyone, I Need Your Advice On 2010 Corolla Sport. Thanks. / The Evolution Of Porsche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.