Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

The Focus Of The Gospel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Focus Of The Gospel (435 Views)

Who Is The Focus Of A Church? / Why Are Pastor's Children Nonchalant To The Gospel? / Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Focus Of The Gospel by soludo93(m): 9:53pm On Jan 18, 2016
Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”Matthew 24:1-2 NKJV

When God started with his people, he didn't ask them to build a temple. God's plan has always been to live and work in us. A time came when the emphasis shifted from human being to physical structure. So, they began to build great edifices, beautiful architectural designs and wonderful state of art structures.

The conversations of disciples revolve around buildings of the temple not how their lives were transformed by following Jesus and learning at His feet. They felt that Jesus would be impressed to see beautiful structures that they built for God. Sorry, God does not live in manmade structures.

Often time I receive invitations to attend churches, I tried to listen to what's the focus of their invitation. It's always about the buildings, how you would become very rich by associating with them. Some would say 'in our church, we don't talk about dressings because this gospel is all about the heart.' Did God take the heart and left the body for satan to destroy?

Even when Jesus came to the temple, he had no space there. They had turned the structures to a place of merchandise. Some were buying while others were selling. That's the temple; a place of secular business. At a time Jesus began to drive them away, 'this is the house of my father, it ought to be a house of prayer but you have turned it to a den of thieves.'

They turned the temple from a place of making men to a place of making money. Even the gospel no longer pricks the heart of sinners; it excites and exalts them. Holiness takes cue behind prosperity and gradually, the focus of men are shifting from eternity to things that we can grab from this world.

God is looking for men and women who will lift their holy hands and sing:
My body is Your sanctuary
My body is Your sanctuary
Lord purify me like gold
So that I may be bold to say
My body is Your sanctuary.
www.healvine.com/2016/01/the-focus-of-gospel.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: The Focus Of The Gospel by An2elect2(f): 10:46pm On Jan 18, 2016
Sir God has searched the earth and has seen nobody, no one worthy to partake in His glory.
Only through his Son can men qualify : This is the centre/focus of the gospel not some idle "holiness" talk.

(1) (Reply)

Extremism / Construction: Church In A 'shoe' - Photo And Video / Australian Tv Viewers Sees And Hears "Jwfacts"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.