Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

What Practical Tricks Do You Employ To Save Money? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Practical Tricks Do You Employ To Save Money? (1158 Views)

Would You Employ A Weekend Help? / Can You Employ This Lady As House Help? / See What This Man Did To Save His Mum's Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Practical Tricks Do You Employ To Save Money? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 19, 2016
No doubt, the country is experiencing its worst times. And the common man bears the brunt.
But like the popular saying, "Man must survive"
The common Nigerian is being forced to minimize cost so as to survive this hard time.
So lets share, practical tricks on how to save money.

As a student, i spend alot on transportation, with the increase in the price of PMS ,the cost of transportation in school tripled its initial cost.I made friends with the indigenes of our host community, they showed me some safe short routes to school.
So i trek to school in the morning when the sun is still friendly following any of the short routes. That way i my to transportation and pay for only fro.

Pls share us.

2 Likes

Re: What Practical Tricks Do You Employ To Save Money? by Cutehector(m): 12:14pm On Jan 19, 2016
Urm being single!
Re: What Practical Tricks Do You Employ To Save Money? by Securedlife(m): 12:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
just being urself
Re: What Practical Tricks Do You Employ To Save Money? by Tallesty1(m): 12:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
Cutehector:
Urm being single!

2. Keep less female friends.

3. Stop hanging out or chilling with guys at beer parloursgringringringringrin

4. Save special amount daily no matter what.

5. Minimize Phone calls and data subscriptions

6. Spend on "only" the things I "need".

1 Like

Re: What Practical Tricks Do You Employ To Save Money? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 19, 2016
Tallesty1:

Nice tips.esp number 4. it really helped me alot ladt year.

1 Like

Re: What Practical Tricks Do You Employ To Save Money? by Cutehector(m): 12:23pm On Jan 19, 2016
Tallesty1:

nice one.. my focus is more on number 2 cheesy
Re: What Practical Tricks Do You Employ To Save Money? by Acidosis(m): 12:30pm On Jan 19, 2016
Practical ways to save money?

or

Practical ways to cut cost and maximize earnings?

1. Reduce your expenses on Gadgets.

2. Create a list of your most needful appliances and make sure you buy all this month (January).

A washing machine that was sold at N35,000 has skyrocketed to N53,000. By March, expect to pay N70k. And guess what? Salary won't increase. In fact, more Governors would find it difficult to pay.

Tecno Camon C5 as of last year November was sold @ N21,000. Today, it currently sells @ N33,000. By March, it will skyrocket to N52,000 (fact).

Open your eyes, and get the most important contingencies right away! It won't get better

smiley

Do not save CASH, instead save GOODS. The cash is loosing its values with only insignificant and ridiculous dividends.

2 Likes

Re: What Practical Tricks Do You Employ To Save Money? by 1money: 5:19am On Jan 20, 2016
@ post above hmmmmm!

Well, I am an optimist so I believe things will get better.

After the rain comes the shine
Re: What Practical Tricks Do You Employ To Save Money? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:46am On Jan 20, 2016
I didn't collect my ATM for my saves account
Re: What Practical Tricks Do You Employ To Save Money? by Enykings(m): 3:28pm On Apr 24, 2016
Tallesty1:

You are wise. Only a wise person would know this. Thumbs-up!
Re: What Practical Tricks Do You Employ To Save Money? by pinkiberry(m): 5:48pm On Apr 24, 2016
Well as a economics student , my hostel is far from school, I trek to school in the morning,in the afternoon I and my friend lap each other in kekenapep if we are very broke or a guy pay our transport if we are luckycheesy .
then for browsing my assignment and chatting I subscribe to airtel 250mb for 300 naira which last me for a month.
in school, I and my friend contribute money and buy one plate of food and eat it together(thankGod for mu friend). if we get lucky we find a guy that wil buy it for us.
then now pure water is #250 , just boil water and put it in fridge then your water is ready to drink.
cook 2weeks worth soup and put it in fridge . the soup will be very economical o.
during exam period, as a bright student I go and stay with my friend living alone and eat free food. lolzz

student life is not easy. but after the struggle comes enjoyment .
Re: What Practical Tricks Do You Employ To Save Money? by lovinam: 11:10pm On Apr 24, 2016
Get a book and write your daily expenses. Going through it later will help you cut down on unnecessary purchases

Buy things in bulk. You save tons doing that

The most important is plan your finances! Budget! Budget! Budget

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do If Your Daughter Comes Home From School This Way? (photo) / IS IT OKAY TO GET DOWN WITH MY EX-HUSBAND FRIEND AS A PAYBACK? / To Those Who Are Married And/or Are Preparing To Get

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.