Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Growing Up^>>> - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Growing Up^>>> (603 Views)

Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up / 13 Pictures That Describe Your Saturday Mornings Growing Up. / 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Growing Up^>>> by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 19, 2016
Hi guys,

While am likely to attract some unsavory comments, I do hope to get some good advise.

I rented a 2bedroom apartment with my elder Brother in 2014 and shortly before I moved in I got a permanent appointment with a Nigerian bank. To this end I decided to stay back with my folks who happen to own a comfortable abode in the metropolis.

I have been in banking for a year now, and although my income is healthy I still live with my folks.

Just recently my Brother got married and moved out of the apartment but our rent is to expire in November this year (I just have to balance N70K).

My mom have been warning me on the dangers of staying alone viz a viz evil landords, wicked neighbor's smiley, bad friends and the wrong types of women (who seem to be my bad habit).

To add salt to injury My friend advised I buy a car instead of moving out.

Now am in a dilemma, cos initially I seemed to ignore these issues but not a day goes by without these issues coming to my attention.

I sincerely seek sound advise from experienced NLs.

Thanks.
Re: Growing Up^>>> by okenwa(m): 9:27pm On Jan 19, 2016
Prepare a scale of preference, and choose
Re: Growing Up^>>> by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 22, 2016
You're a man, whether now or later you will still have to move out of your parent's house and those challenges your Mother warned you about will still be there, better start facing them now! Mommy won't be there forever.
Get to know the landlord of the new place, u should be able to tell if he will be trouble or just normal.
You're the average of the 5 people u spend the most time with, so u can iron this out.
Women: (My gender always repping LOL). She's right a woman can crash u o, since this is your particular bad habit I think you should think it over and get a real woman who can stick by your side. The trick is discipline, you may need to adjust ur lifestyle if you're the loose type. It takes a lot building for a solid r/ship but u can do it.
A car isn't priority now. In summary, just check the boxes and move out. Don't forget God, pray about it. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Growing Up^>>> by Richy4(m): 12:12am On Jan 23, 2016
<<<< How old are you? because if you are above 18, you need not to be afraid of the challenges of life. be it landlord, women etc.... how long do you think your parent can shade you from those things you listed..

<<<<There are some kind of respect parent give to their wards who should be living with them but are not

<<<<I suggest that you can stay with your parent only when you are trying to save up for an important project. But if you are not and can afford to continue the payment, then go ahead.. for peace of mind's sake and avoiding the "monitoring spirit"....

(1) (Reply)

Blind Wife Defends Husband Accused Of Setting Landlord Ablaze (photo) / Very Sensitive Situation. What Will You Do? / It Is My Daughter's Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.