Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Yusha And Isa: Why The Disparity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yusha And Isa: Why The Disparity? (1103 Views)

Leke Adeboye Reacts To Prophet Isa El-Buba's Attempted Arrest By DSS / Pastor Isa El-Buba: "We Will Fight Buhari Returning To That Seat" (VIDEO) / Why The Disparity? An Observation By A Nairalander. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yusha And Isa: Why The Disparity? by Scholar8200(m): 9:51pm On Jan 19, 2016
In a recent thread, Maamin, in replying DeathStroke007 said:

Bible was originally penned down in 3 languages 1. Ancient Hebrew 2. Ancient Aramaic 3. Koine Greek before it was translated into English.
Eoshoa Meeshkha(aramaic) = Jesus the Christ (English)
Yashua ha'Mashiakh (Hebrew) = Jesus the Christ (English)

Now I am curious, since Yashua= Joshua=Jesus= Eoshoa; and since the Quran was given word for word by the same personality, why did the speaker derive Joshua from the Hebrew as Yusha ibn Nun but rendered Jesus obviously from the Aramaic as Isa?

Would it be right to say that some parts of the Quran were reproduced from extant manuscripts?

i would have expected that the author would render both Joshua, Eoshoa and Jesus the same not observing differences peculiar to manuscripts written in various languages.

Muslims in the house, shed more light!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yusha And Isa: Why The Disparity? by Maamin(m): 7:08am On Jan 22, 2016
Scholar8200:
In a recent thread, Maamin, in replying Deathstroke said:

Bible was originally penned down in 3 languages 1. Ancient Hebrew 2. Ancient Aramaic 3. Koine Greek before it was translated into English.
Eoshoa Meeshkha(aramaic) = Jesus the Christ (English)
Yashua ha'Mashiakh (Hebrew) = Jesus the Christ (English)

Now I am curious, since Joshua=Jesus= Eoshoa; and since the Quran was given word for word by the same personality, why did the speaker derive Joshua from the Hebrew as Yusha ibn Nun but rendered Jesus obviously from the Aramaic as Isa?

Would it be right to say that some parts of the Quran were reproduced from extant manuscripts?

i would have expected that the author would render both Joshua, Eoshoa and Jesus the same not observing differences peculiar to manuscripts written in various languages.

Muslims in the house, shed more light!

Good Question! Good one...!

Waiting for the Muslims to answer this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yusha And Isa: Why The Disparity? by malvisguy212: 7:43am On Jan 22, 2016
Maamin:

Good Question! Good one...!

Waiting for the Muslims to answer this.
3days gone and no reply, is Deathstroke sleeping ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yusha And Isa: Why The Disparity? by Maamin(m): 8:21am On Jan 22, 2016
malvisguy212:
3days gone and no reply, is Deathstroke sleeping ?

I wonder O...tartar9 and co.

2 Likes

Re: Yusha And Isa: Why The Disparity? by Scholar8200(m): 2:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
Maamin:

I wonder O...tartar9 and co.
In the absence of comments shall we declare this thread closed?
Re: Yusha And Isa: Why The Disparity? by malvisguy212: 9:01pm On Jan 23, 2016
Scholar8200:
bookmark it for future reference.

1 Like

Re: Yusha And Isa: Why The Disparity? by Maamin(m): 11:31am On Jan 24, 2016
Scholar8200:

We declare it closed, as it has already affirmed to the truth of the allegation with which it was initially opened due to the absence and refusal of the opposition group to refute it. grin

1 Like

Re: Yusha And Isa: Why The Disparity? by malvisguy212: 9:32am On Jan 26, 2016
Maamin:

We declare it closed, as it has already affirmed to the truth of the allegation with which it was initially opened due to the absence and refusal of the opposition group to refute it. grin
the moderator ( lalasticlala ) should put this on the homepage.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

See First Photos Of Daddy G.O In FUTA Akure Ahead Of Holy Ghost Service / The Xtian 3 Headed God Is Pathetically Weak / Inside The Church Made Up Of Human Bones In Czech Republic ( Photo )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.