Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

“korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO (3539 Views)

Korede Bello Stole Godwin From Me - Davido / 4 Photos Of Korede Bello That Will Make You Shout 'godwin!!!' / Bride And Groom Smile As Korede Bello Performs #Godwin# At Their Wedding(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by EOOJ(m): 7:35am On Jan 20, 2016
Hmmm, dis is not confirmed though and i dont trust this "FNN" but like eminem said "alot of truth is said in jest"

who knows, d story funny though might have an iota of truth sha

In a week that has been rife with accusations and counter accusations of Artistes pinching song ideas and intellectual property from their fellow artistes without permission (re: Dammy Krane and Wizkid), we may well have just uncovered the biggest story yet.

According to a very reliable source, we can authoritatively report that HKN Hit maker and Nigerian Music Superstar, Davido is laying claim to, arguably, one of the BIGGEST songs of last year, the song with we can say catapulted the young Mavin Artiste Korede Bello, to the stratosphere of the Nigerian Music Industry.

Davido has outright accused Korede Bello of stealing the idea of the hit song ‘God Win’ from him during a visit to his studio by the latter. He said“I have kept quiet about it all along, mostly because I’ve been trying to focus on other things and I’m like……..let the boy shine…….but people have been making certain comments in the media……and I’ve had it up to here. That song is mine. It’s my intellectual property, and he stole it from me. The World needs to know”.

Davido reportedly made the claim during a night out with members of the HKN gang, Shina Rambo and B-Red. When pressed for more information by our very reliable source, he went into a furious tirade, describing in detail how Korede Bello stole the song from him.

“I made a huge mistake allowing him into my studio! Huge mistake! He had come together with the rest of the MAVIN Crew and The Don himself, they wanted to discuss a collaboration between me and Reekado! I was even considering doing a song with him too! This is how he pays me?! Mahn! I had written God Win 2 nights before, though the lyrics were a bit different…he Changed them! The original version was:
‘I don get her number, God Win. She come into my bed na God Win……I spray her my dough na G…’

Why was I singing about girls and money at the same time I was singing about God? Let’s not talk about. The bottom-line is, he found the lyrics lying in the studio in the small book I wrote it in. I know he was the last person who looked at that book!

After they left I started looking for it…………..I went to check the exact place I kept it……….it was smelling like Relaxer and Jerry Curl Cream and Pink Oil……….Reekado has dada………….Di’ja was wearing wig……….Don Baba barbed skin cut……….D’Prince was was smelling like Olay cream but what I perceived was Vaseline………Dr Sid didn’t come with them……..so I knew it was Korede. I just decided to fashi! Next thing I know some weeks later, I HEAR THE SONG ON THE RADIO! AND IT SOUNDED BETTER THAN I EXPECTED! I WAS ANGRYYYYY!”

*at this point Davido tosses a glass of champagne angrily across the room but it bounces off a cushion and hits Shina Rambo on the head. Shina passes out. Davido doesn’t care. He continues

*“I just left it, you know, let the boy have a hit. Then I watched an interview after the headies where that PulseTV guy asked a man on the street what the best song of 2015 was and you know what the man said?! GOD WIN! He even sang the song! That was when I lost it”.
In light of these accusations, we tried to reach Korede Bello for comments. All he had to say was

“Egbon Davido, if you want the song back………………………please don’t want it back! This is my biggest song!”....

http://www./posts/106213/

Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by orobs93(m): 7:38am On Jan 20, 2016
Hmmm
Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by Airforce1(m): 7:40am On Jan 20, 2016
Fake naija news

Stop rubbishing peoples hard work and reputation.

1 Like

Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by ernecy(m): 7:47am On Jan 20, 2016
now what should we do
Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by dame29: 7:47am On Jan 20, 2016
Lol. I'm liking this movie already. Pls when will it hit Cinema?

2 Likes

Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by kowema(f): 7:59am On Jan 20, 2016
If this is true, then we are glad that the idea fell into a better hand.
I mean considering this dumb line below sef

'‘I don get her number, God Win. She come into my bed na God Win……I spray her my dough na G…’'..

Rubbish yeye lyrics everywhere.
Just be happy God used you as a channel and stop talking Nansense!.
Meanwhile, I also heard u stole "Gone" undecided

1 Like

Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 20, 2016
fake news......i don't believe it and what is davido saying?? i'm trying to understand.
Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by CaroLyner(f): 8:47am On Jan 20, 2016
And he waited untill now to speak up?
blatant rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 20, 2016
grin
Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 20, 2016
The relaxer and hair cream part wit Dija wearing wig made me laugh.so shina fainted grin such hilarious joke
Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by CertifiedFreak(m): 10:10am On Jan 20, 2016
Satirical. Made my morning.
Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by kiddoiLL(m): 10:17am On Jan 20, 2016
when will Nigerians ever get matured and stop the fake fake news everywhere?? Op u looking for attention?? the write up xev story line looked like a script from nollywood i quote
" *at this point Davido tosses a glass of champagne angrily across the room but it bounces off a cushion and hits Shina Rambo on the head. Shina passes out. Davido doesn’t care. He continues
*“I just left it, you know, let the boy have a hit."

Hahan!! undecided undecided Op abeg fear God o

1 Like

Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by Carlson001(m): 10:23am On Jan 20, 2016
Rodflmfao... D O.P is outta dis world!
Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by Vincad: 11:55am On Jan 20, 2016
OP, this your story sweet die. I just can't stop laughing. grin
Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by Caspian22(m): 12:14pm On Jan 20, 2016
Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by osesology(m): 12:30pm On Jan 20, 2016
You guys should really stop this rubbish
Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by youngin(m): 1:45pm On Jan 20, 2016
Nope......I don't think davido usually writes his lyrics and I am also happy that I can also hear the better version of the song....because davido,s version would be whack as it could get
Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by waistaa(f): 2:08pm On Jan 20, 2016
Fake news but if its true Oga go and sleep, are yhu not tired of making silly headlines, only God know as the lyrics for be..... Die hard fans mbok hold your tongue
Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by switcakes(f): 2:40pm On Jan 20, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy. This soo funny like a scene outta 9ja version of boondocks.
Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by cruzita(f): 3:32pm On Jan 20, 2016
And the Sh!t continues
Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by HARDBUOI: 3:40pm On Jan 20, 2016
THS IS I D THIRD CASE OF SONG STEALING UNDER 7DAYS... AMONG YOLOBAS
THIS FAKE ASS YOLOBABOON MUSICIANS STEALING SONG SINCE NO CALENDAR
Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by missKiffy(f): 4:50pm On Jan 20, 2016
I dont believe this news lipsrsealed
Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by UIA04(f): 7:19pm On Jan 20, 2016
Chai I laff sotey tears comot for my eyes
So the place the book was kept smelt of relaxer and Jerry curl cream and pink oil and shiny Rambo fainted
Re: “korede Bello Stole ‘GODWIN’ From Me” – DAVIDO by tomioro(m): 7:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
This is the biggest lie of this year. Let him write another hit song and I will believe him. Did Korede Bello hear or listen to your version of the song and thereafter stole it? Tell us another story.

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid And Justine Skye Are Dating - Datswasup / Lucy From 'the Chronicles Of Narnia' Has Turned 21 And Looks Equally Gorgeous / Top 5 Most Popular Meme Characters On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.