Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Mobile Number Portability - Why You Should Port Your Number? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mobile Number Portability - Why You Should Port Your Number? (803 Views)

How To Know If Your Ex Still Has Your Number / 4G LTE: You Can Now Reserve Your Ntel Mobile Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobile Number Portability - Why You Should Port Your Number? by Kapitain(m): 12:32pm On Jan 20, 2016
What is Mobile Number Portabilty (MNP)?
This is a service from NCC that enables anyone to change from one network to another, while retaining their original number. This means that someone with 08051234567 (Glo) can port to Airtel and retain the same 08051234567 on the Airtel network OR 08061234567 (Mtn) to Etisalat network and retain the same number on the Etisalat network.

With the mtn January 31st deadline for sim re-registrations, most people affected are already panicking about loosing their most precious lines (numbers) if eventually their lines are blocked. This could affect their businesses, establishments, job applications, etc. You don't have to loose that number.. Simply port your MTN line to any of the other networks (Etisalat, Glo, Airtel, etc), retain your line and have peace of mind.

I ported my line in 2014 and I've been enjoying the services of my new network. My brother is a victim of the MTN reregistration. He just ported his MTN line to etisalat today.

For more information about MNP visit:
http://mnp.com.ng/networks/
Re: Mobile Number Portability - Why You Should Port Your Number? by meyers(m): 12:35pm On Jan 20, 2016
well said OP; the queue in MTN offices is absurd..and IMO totally uncalled for!
Re: Mobile Number Portability - Why You Should Port Your Number? by Chule(m): 12:44pm On Jan 20, 2016
sadthinkn of portin my glo to etisa,

what do u think
Re: Mobile Number Portability - Why You Should Port Your Number? by Kapitain(m): 1:08pm On Jan 20, 2016
Chule:
sadthinkn of portin my glo to etisa,

what do u think

It's easy. All you need is to go to the office (In this etisalat) with an ID card. It's free. And you can always port back to any network, and taste other networks. smiley
Re: Mobile Number Portability - Why You Should Port Your Number? by JesusCrew: 12:24pm On Jan 21, 2016
Dis is a bad market for mtn o!

Jona must hear dis.
Re: Mobile Number Portability - Why You Should Port Your Number? by Kapitain(m): 3:22pm On Jan 23, 2016
Some Ppl are tired of mtn, just scared of loosing their numbers. Why put Ppl thru recounting pressures to re-register ur sim?? money, time, energy??

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Simpleserver V4.2 With MTN BIS / Help Ooo!!!!!!!!! My Phone Can't Connect With Another Phone / How To Opt Out Of MTN Text Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.