Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

The Gift And The Proposal - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Gift And The Proposal (781 Views)

The Proposal / The Devil's Proposal (A Short, Educative & Interesting Story) / A Short Story : The Proposal. Marriage Palava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Gift And The Proposal by Orikinla(m): 6:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
Olamide put a pink piece of paper in a pink envelope and sealed it with his lips and saliva from his tongue.
Then he put the envelope in-between pages 136 and 137 of the new novel "Survival of the Beautiful" he bought to give his darling Daniella as a Valentine gift.
He put the novel in a small gift box, sealed it with tape and wrapped it with colourful paper gift wrapper and tied it with red ribbons. Then he went to the nearest express courier service office close to his house and sent it to her residential address.

The package was brought to her house on February 14, Valentine's Day and she was excited to receive it. As she was opening it, her mobile phone rang.
He was calling her.
Her heart skipped a beat as she answered his call. "Oh, Olamide! Thank you for the gift. I have just received it! I am opening the package," She said happily.
"All right my love. See what is in the package," Olamide said.
She opened it and saw the book. "It is a book. A novel. Survival of the Beautiful by Bisi Daniels. I love reading novels," she said with dimples and glints in her brown eyes.
"Do you like it?" Olamide asked.
"I love it!"
He paused for a moment and then said, "There is a small envelope inside".
She saw the envelope. She was anxious and curious to know what it contained. A love letter or a cheque?
"My love, don't open it yet".
"Okay," she said.
"See what is written on page 137 of Survival of the Beautiful," he said.
She opened the novel and flipped the pages excitedly until she got to page 137.
She read the dialogue on the page. It was between a man named Peter and a woman named Kiki. Peter was professing his love to Kiki.
"Yes, Peter. She sighed. "It is interesting how you know me so much. You are able to read my thoughts, Peter."
"That's love, Kiki, and all I need on this trip is yours..."
~ From "Will You Marry Me", a short romantic film by Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima to be released soon online and on cable TV.

Re: The Gift And The Proposal by MissingBudget: 6:47pm On Jan 20, 2016
Lively excerpt from one of the veterans here...waiting for the full movie.
Re: The Gift And The Proposal by Orikinla(m): 7:11pm On Jan 20, 2016
MissingBudget:
Lively excerpt from one of the veterans here...waiting for the full movie.
. The novel "Survival of the Beautiful" is available on Amazon.com

(1) (Reply)

The Agony And Fear Of Childbirth--by Feranmicharles(pic) / One Night Stand. / The Rings Of Fire: The Renegades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.