Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) (2062 Views)

CNN Lists Nigeria Among Top 5 Global Stock Markets Of 2017 / Faeces Litter At Ogbete Market In Enugu / Can Nigeria Replicate China's Economic Transformation? - BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by omenka(m): 9:15pm On Jan 20, 2016
Here are the trends around the world as we speak- neither the US or China is spared, and discerning observers of global economic trends know as US/China go, so goes the rest of the world.

God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by raumdeuter: 9:20pm On Jan 20, 2016
With Iran now selling its oil be prepared for $15 oil

This is what Nigeria needs all along. Dependence on oil needs to stop
We can only Thank God that he saved Nigeria timely. Imagine if say na Jonadulll and his fellow goats still dey rule

Also it might mean the beginning of another global recession as the NYSE, London STock Exchange and even the Chinese market have been taking hits since the beginning of the year

6 Likes

Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by PoliticalThuG(m): 9:22pm On Jan 20, 2016
Na ur dullard president cause am

1 Like

Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by OkutaNla: 9:23pm On Jan 20, 2016
raumdeuter:

We can only Thank Gog that he saved Nigeria timely. Imagine if say na Jonadulll and his fellow goats still dey rule

Also it might mean the beginning of another global recession as the NYSE, London STock Exchange and even the Chinese market have been taking hits since the beginning of the year

If Jona and his gang had been re-elected, they'd prolly loot whatever is left of our commonwealth, only for us to wake up one morning to learn that Nigeria has been sold on credit to Benin Republic.

5 Likes

Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by biafranbaby(m): 9:24pm On Jan 20, 2016
It's over for the zoo.
Obituary loading.
Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by cktheluckyman: 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2016
raumdeuter:

We can only Thank Gog that he saved Nigeria timely. Imagine if say na Jonadulll and his fellow goats still dey rule

So now that Buhari has been elected what has he done to tackle the situation?

2 Likes

Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by omenka(m): 9:30pm On Jan 20, 2016
More..

Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by raumdeuter: 9:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
cktheluckyman:

You dull TANoids don come again

Buhari is supposed to stop S&P 500, Dow Jones industrial and NASDAQ from falling?

You suppose get patent and dey market this your kain mumu

4 Likes

Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by omenka(m): 9:33pm On Jan 20, 2016
raumdeuter:

Buhari is supposed to stop S&P 500 and NASDAQ from falling?

Ignore those ones. Wetin dem sabi besides things wey dey happen for their immediate surroundings?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by Flyoruboy(m): 9:34pm On Jan 20, 2016
cktheluckyman:

This administration is already blocking leakages to curb waste and corruption, prioritizing Agriculture and Solid Minerals sectors as alternative sources of revenue. As soon as the budget is passed the economy will be stimulated and the administration's economic blueprint will begin to take effect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by cktheluckyman: 9:35pm On Jan 20, 2016
raumdeuter:

Buhari is supposed to stop S&P 500, Dow Jones industrial and NASDAQ from falling?

Buhari is supposed to make N1=$1 like he promised and not N1=$305 that we are currently seeing.
Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by cktheluckyman: 9:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
Flyoruboy:

This administration is already blocking leakages to curb waste and corruption, prioritizing Agriculture and Solid Minerals sectors as alternative sources of revenue. As soon as the budget is passed the economy will be stimulated and the administration's economic blueprint will begin to take effect.

We are yet to notice any positive changes in the economy!! Businesses are dying,the curency keeps falling everyday!! May God see us thru.
Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by omenka(m): 9:37pm On Jan 20, 2016
More..

Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by PRYCE(m): 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
I thought you guys said Buhari was gonna wave a wand and baaaam, Nigeria's woes are gone... not even taking into consideration that Nigeria's problems could come from without!

China's Economic Growth just slowed down, The US, Russia and Germany are being hit from all sides by the global economic downturn bordering on the crash of oil prices but Nigeria’s is Jonathan's fault!

Markets are crashing... And the other day I was watching CCTv, and a government official from China said and I quote... 'We are in for a long haul... Saying even they are trying hard to understand why this is so'

But when Your president says things like "We are going to stabilise world oil prices", appoints a rookie as his finance minister coupled with a CBN governor who's under the Sack fever to even think of something meaningful, you know he doesn't understand international eco stuff to even know how to cusion their effects!

Crude's now $27 a barrel? And Iran are coming back on board!... Wow!!!

Well God help Us really!
Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by omenka(m): 9:41pm On Jan 20, 2016
More...

Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by cktheluckyman: 9:45pm On Jan 20, 2016
Seriously I wonder what that incompetent woman Kemi Adeswuoun is still doing as Finance Minister!! That woman is damn incompetent.
Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by Flyoruboy(m): 9:46pm On Jan 20, 2016
cktheluckyman:

We are yet to notice any positive changes in the economy!! Businesses are dying,the curency keeps falling everyday!! May God see us thru.

Guy, Buhari has only spent how many months out of 4-yrs of his full tenure and you Jonathanians are still bitter and running down his relatively young administration? ? His ministers just came on board for how long? ? If Nigerians could endure a disastrous 6-yrs of the last admin, an administration that is largely responsible for the present economic situation, a less than a year old government can't be any worse.

2 Likes

Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by omenka(m): 9:46pm On Jan 20, 2016
Lastly...

Cc: Mynd44, Lalasticlala.

Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by cktheluckyman: 9:48pm On Jan 20, 2016
Flyoruboy:

Guy, Buhari has only spent how many months out of 4-yrs of his full tenure and you Jonathanians are still bitter and running down his relatively young administration? ? His ministers just came on board for how long? ? If Nigerians could endure a disastrous 6-yrs of the last admin, an administration that is largely responsible for the present economic situation, a less than a year old government can't be any worse.

No matter How incompetent GEJ was,the naira never went above N200 to a dollar even as the global oil price fell.Buhari has taken us to N305 in less than 8 months!! What sort of incompetence is that?
Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by Flyoruboy(m): 9:51pm On Jan 20, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Seriously I wonder what that incompetent woman Kemi Adeswuoun is still doing as Finance Minister!! That woman is damn incompetent.

Lol. You can call her incompetent all you want, but her 'poor' performance since her appointment can't come remotely close to her predecessor's. Besides, even Iweala was called worse names yet her boss never batted an eyelid let alone fire her, so therefore... kontinu. cheesy

http://www.informationng.com/2014/01/senior-civil-servants-call-for-sack-of-incompetent-okonjo-iweala-okogu.html

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/176257-soludo-holds-fire-but-insists-n30-trillion-plus-aus-n8-6trillion-missing-under-okonjo-iweala.html

1 Like

Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by omenka(m): 9:51pm On Jan 20, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Take it easy before you burst a spleen. The world is sliding into a recession, and Nigeria is part of that world. Kemi has got nothing to do with it even though I have some reservations about her. Some of those stocks on display have most of their stakes in the energy sector and that is why we are witnessing the trend we are as oil prices fall.

I don't know if you understand these things.

Make una try get small sense. No be every matter be political matter.
Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by Lordtrillion(m): 9:52pm On Jan 20, 2016
Frankly speaking, I've been trying to understand how this Stock Exchange works but the more I try, the more I get confused
Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by PRYCE(m): 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2016
Flyoruboy:

Nigeria has NEVER had it this bad... And I'm not saying it's Buhari's fault... It's a global thing.

The Last administration had a very solid economic team unlike this administration's... They steered Nigeria to the coveted title of "The largest economy in Africa"

They oversaw/encouraged the highest FDI in History...

E.T.C

You guys are just so neck deep in Propaganda!
Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by OreMI22: 9:54pm On Jan 20, 2016
PoliticalThuG:
Na ur dullard president cause am

The dulllard President does not care.
As long as he can award himself billions of naira as Aso Rock feeding allowance. Even if nobody else can receive their salary.
Oga must chop fine, with Awilo playing in the background to keep oga in good mood while he is eating.
Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by raumdeuter: 9:56pm On Jan 20, 2016
omenka:
Take it easy before you burst a spleen. The world is sliding into a recession, and Nigeria is part of that world. Kemi has got nothing to do with it even though I have some reservations about her. Some of those stocks on display have most of their stakes in the energy sector and that is why we are witnessing the trend we are as oil prices fall.

I don't know if you understand these things.

Make una try get small sense. No be every matter be political matter.

Na Kemi Adeosun dey make Dow Jones and NASDAQ fall. Leave the mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by cktheluckyman: 9:56pm On Jan 20, 2016
Flyoruboy:

Lol. You can call her incompetent all you want, but her 'poor' performance since her appointment can't come remotely close to her predecessor's. Besides, even she was called worse names yet her boss never batted an eyelid let alone fire her, so therefore... kontinu. cheesy

http://www.informationng.com/2014/01/senior-civil-servants-call-for-sack-of-incompetent-okonjo-iweala-okogu.html

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/176257-soludo-holds-fire-but-insists-n30-trillion-plus-aus-n8-6trillion-missing-under-okonjo-iweala.html

Performance in finance ministry is never about blowing big grammar!! If you are performing or not the results would be very visible!! The state of the economy under Adeseoun is pathetic!!

Giving me links links where someone made an unfounded allegation is puerile!! Give me links where the economy wobblled under her and i will reason with you.

1 Like

Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by Flyoruboy(m): 9:56pm On Jan 20, 2016
cktheluckyman:

No matter How incompetent GEJ was,the naira never went above N200 to a dollar even as the global oil price fell.Buhari has taken us to N305 in less than 10 months!! What sort of incompetence is that?

Guy, you are obviously motivated by bitterness or something for making the above false assertion, coz as at Feb. 2015, prior to the presidential elections, Dollar was exchanging at =N=215 naira. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/177238-naira-hits-n215-to-dollar-at-bureau-de-change.html
Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by cktheluckyman: 9:58pm On Jan 20, 2016
raumdeuter:

Na Kemi Adeosun dey make Dow Jones and NASDAQ fall. Leave the mumu
What is my business with NASDAQ and DOW Jones? Is the NSE faring any better? How is our naira performing in the foreign exchange market?

1 Like

Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by omenka(m): 9:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
raumdeuter:

We can only Thank God that he saved Nigeria timely. Imagine if say na Jonadulll and his fellow goats still dey rule

Buhari has really got his work cut out for him. It is even worse analyst can't predict with a good degree of certainty how far the plunge would go or last.

We wouldn't have been in this mess had we made hay while the sun shined very bright.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by Flyoruboy(m): 9:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Performance in finance ministry is never about blowing big grammar!! If you are performing or not the results would be very visible!! The state of the economy under Adeseoun is pathetic!!

Giving me links links where someone made an unfounded allegation is puerile!! Give me links where the economy wobblled under her and i will reason with you.

Dude, I already exposed you as an ignorant fellow who doesn't know what he's talking about. Abeg save your trash for Lawma for hereon. Your opinion ain't worth shyt.

1 Like

Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by Flyoruboy(m): 10:06pm On Jan 20, 2016
PRYCE:
Nigeria has NEVER had it this bad... And I'm not saying it's Buhari's fault... It's a global thing.

The Last administration had a very solid economic team unlike this administration's... They steered Nigeria to the coveted title of "The largest economy in Africa"

They oversaw/encouraged the highest FDI in History...

E.T.C

You guys are just so neck deep in Propaganda!

Horse manure! And that last administration had how long to prove that they had a 'solid economic team' compared to the current one? Your problem is your lack of objectivity, which makes it practically impossible to debate your likes. I don't suffer fools. Sorry.
Re: Us/global Stock Market In Pictures. (can Nigeria Survive This?) by PRYCE(m): 10:11pm On Jan 20, 2016
Flyoruboy:

Horse manure! And that last administration had how long to prove that they had a 'solid economic team' compared to the current one? Your problem is your lack of objectivity, which makes it practically impossible to debate your likes. I don't suffer fools. Sorry.
Typical APC B.S!

That's how you cowards run away from debates by claiming your opponents aren't being objective! Are you goons objective towards GEJ?

Shift comot for here.... Deal with your paymaster's incompetence and the economic reality under their watch or simply take a plunge... The propaganda club won't miss you!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Does A Ream/carton Of Paper Cost At Your End? / I Will Deposit 150k For Keke Hire Purchase / Learn Photography Here For Free!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.