Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,970 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Landlord Vs Tenant - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlord Vs Tenant (671 Views)

Nigerian Landlord Found Prepaid Meters In A Village in Ghana (Video) / Please Help!!! Landlord Vs Tenant Wahala!!! / Landlord Vs Tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Landlord Vs Tenant by taiwo05(m): 11:01pm On Jan 20, 2016
There is this tenant who brought a letter from his lawyer that his landlord (my dad) gave him a 3 month quit notice instead of 6 month...in d letter it was stated that the he do pay on a yearly basis whereas d landlord do collect for 6 month ( maybe d lawyer didn't see the tenancy agreement coz it was stated on d agreement that d house rent is for 6 month)
He was given a 3 month quit notice since September but his agent pleaded to b given d chance till January 31st 2016. Now few days till the quit notice comes to an end he went to collect a letter from a lawyer who was stating some these law
N.B it an half yearly tenant
pls lawyer in the house who is on the right path and also what do you think the landlord should do?
thanks.
Re: Landlord Vs Tenant by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 20, 2016
taiwo05:
There is this tenant who brought a letter from his lawyer that his landlord (my dad) gave him a 3 month quit notice instead of 6 month...in d letter it was stated that the he do pay on a yearly basis whereas d landlord do collect for 6 month ( maybe d lawyer didn't see the tenancy agreement coz it was stated on d agreement that d house rent is for 6 month)
He was given a 3 month quit notice since September but his agent pleaded to b given d chance till January 31st 2016. Now few days till the quit notice comes to an end he went to collect a letter from a lawyer who was stating some these law
N.B it an half yearly tenant
pls lawyer in the house who is on the right path and also what do you think the landlord should do?
thanks.

In my opinion I think a dialogue between both parties will be the key to the resolution.trust me if you decide to go to court,don't be surprised that a year or two will pass and they still haven't got hearing.

If I may ask why the quick notice?
Re: Landlord Vs Tenant by taiwo05(m): 6:07am On Jan 21, 2016
euromilion:

In my opinion I think a dialogue between both parties will be the key to the resolution.trust me if you decide to go to court,don't be surprised that a year or two will pass and they still haven't got hearing.

If I may ask why the quick notice?
he had a burst up with the landlord at d middle of d yr also the house need some renovation

(1) (Reply)

Executive 3bedroom Flat To Let @ Lekki Phase 1 G/F For 2.5m Net (pics) / Warehouse For Lease In Lagos / Be A Land Owner With Just N30k In Ijebu Ode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.